22 Jun 2022
I can't see this thing selling well at all

TIEo83n.jpg
I would absolutely pick PsP over switch. Any day of the week

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I just find it hilarious they’re essentially running the same play as the Wii U.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
somebody who is interested in playing ps5 games via remote play
This person does not exist. Or is a literal child who could, for the same price, get a full fledged tv in his room with which to play PS5.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
This person does not exist. Or is a literal child who could, for the same price, get a full fledged tv in his room with which to play PS5.

I exist. I want to ply ps5 games handheld without using my small ass phone screen and playing on a cruddy backbone controller

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: The Icon

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I would absolutely pick PsP over switch. Any day of the week
Switch Lite was another crummy product with gimped features that never met sales projections.

Edit: Also, that battery life bulletpoint is a flat out lie.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

TIEo83n.jpg
Why you gotta post something that has several instances of false info, likely for console war purposes?

-psp doesn't require PS link headphones, it has a headphone jack
-psp is targeting dualsense battery life. That's way more than 3-4 hours
-who the fuck gets 7 hours battery life on their switch? Mine is lucky to get 3 off the cord.

I might get a PSp but it'll depend on how easy it is to replace the sticks. Have too many controllers drift on me.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

TIEo83n.jpg
As I remember Sony didn't say that only works with PlayStation Link, and didn't say that it doesn't support Bluetooth. Sony said it supports PS Link, that's all. In addition to this, PS5 supports bluetooth, so even if it wouldn't support BT you could still connect a Bluetooth headset to the PS5. And these battery times aren't real.

And obviously it requires wifi and a PS5, because it's a PS5 accesory dedicated to Remote Play.

Reactions: Box

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Yeah the image misses the mark but the basic idea is that you can get a legit portable console at the same price point.

The portal is a cool little thing for the people who have a use for it, I just think a lot of people would probably prefer to just have an actual handheld to this and don't think this is going to sell all that well, we'll see

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
It sounds like the very definition of niche, a not really all that portable second screen device for people who want to use their playstation when the TV is already being used by someone else.

For the same price you can have an actual portable
What portable you will get for the same quality of psp for $200?

Nym

21 Jun 2022
What portable you will get for the same quality of psp for $200?

Shit I think I would prefer to buy a used DS lite or something, this thing makes absolutely no sense for some people like myself. When I'm at home I play my playstation on my TV. If I'm travelling I want a portable so I bring my gameboys or my vita or DS.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Why you gotta post something that has several instances of false info, likely for console war purposes?

-psp doesn't require PS link headphones, it has a headphone jack
I think you make a mistake here...
Most PS headphones (or Sony ones) doesn't have output to headphone jack.
So you can use only the ones that supports PS Link.

That is indeed true.
And all new Sony headphones are inlcuded in that... that felt very weird announcing together when they are imcompatibles.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
But that legit portable doesn't let me play my ps5 games.

No shit, I have already said this thing is a cool little toy, but very niche. If I was ever interested in spending $200 on something that is ostensibly portable I would look at actual portables

Reactions: ethomaz