Gears of War’s Cliff Bleszinski hopes it can “get back to the fear”

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Bleszinski suggests that the series “Get back to the fear,” saying it was “Phil Spencer’s point when [Microsoft] bought the IP, he told Rod [Fergusson], ‘get back to some of that scariness’. That’s the thing, I’m a big believer in the cycle of fear and then empowerment.

“Do a game on Emergence Day where you’re maybe Marcus or maybe somebody in the COG and you’re dealing with the chaos and f***ing up Locust, but then alternate between that storyline and [one where] you’re just a kid without any weapons.”

Bleszinki adds that it could be a “monster in the closet kind of vibe” amid the chaos from Emergence Day. “I think that can be really compelling. Kind of like if Joel and Ellie were completely split up, you know, during The Last of Us.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I search this guy name and it let me to wtf this is? Somebody explain?

So there I was, putting on my rape shoes, and practicing my sexual harassment pickup lines this morning. I just got done cyberbullying my coworkers. It was time to shave, I yelled at my wife to smile because I demand it, while pinching her butt right after she told me she didn't consent to it. Putting on the shaving cream and thinking about how I can get my son into a fight at the next BBQ, I replaced the worn Gillette brand Mach3 and began to chant "boys will be boys" as I started to shave. Then suddenly my daughter burst into the bathroom holding her phone. As I began to mansplain to her why she isn't smart enough to know my shaving time is my time she showed me the new Gillette ad. I realized how my every view and behavior I've ever held dear was wrong. I'm calling in sick at the toxic masculinity factory today and registering Dem. Thanks Gillette, now excuse me while I help to impeach.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I liked a lot the first game but I never saw any horror in the game.

It is basically a Cover Dude Bro TPS.
Yeah same. I remember me and brother first seeing 720p graphics on our dads tv with it. We coop’d it and it was great.
2nd half of the 2nd game and it was feeling the same same, still decent game.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Harnessing the fear that Xbots have of this series getting ported to PlayStation is a good place to start.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
It think the game's tone/art direction and whatnot is a product of its time.
I don't think it would be ideal to go back to its roots like that in this particular case.

Sometimes you just have to accept that your nostalgia is just that, and it would not be a sound financial/creative decision at a grand scale.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I love those first two games. Replayed them in the last five years. Active reload is still a fun gimmick. It’s a bit clumsy with movement but overall great pacing and fun campaigns with explosive set pieces.

Now tho? Eh, I hope third person cover shooters go extinct. We’re passed that and Remnant 2 showed that great tps gunplay can be done without it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Most overrated series ever.
It's actually the only series I enjoy on Xbox. With tht said imo all of the Xbox exclusive mp games are living in the past and are mediocre. I bought an Xbox s and got gamepass years ago to see what all the hype was and omg was Halo mp mediocre asf and boring and Gears was fun but restrictive, shotgun fest and nowhere as good as uncharted mp.

Last edited: