Genshin Impact is coming to Xbox and Game Pass on November

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
MiHoYo doesn't make a large amount of their revenue on PS either? It's one of the top grossing titles there and Phil probably went there with his purse to not look bad anymore, I mean these titles are popular in Asia and Xbox has no shot there.

Correct me if I am wrong. I don't think you can play f2p on xbox without gamepass. On PlayStation, f2p doesn't require PS+.
Yeah f2p is no issue, they changed that this gen. Probably realising that a lot of folks bought a PS4 for Fortnite since it was the cheapest way to play.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Because what mihoyo games make on playstation is a rounding error compared to what it makes on mobile and their own pc client. The power dynamics of the relationship when mihoyo only had genshin is completely different than what it is now where they have 3 games, Soon they will start earning more in revenue than the whole of playstation.
Not true. Genshin makes a significant percentage of its revenue on console. Not near the majority, but at least a quarter. Also lmao@ thinking PC client isn't the rounding error in this.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Correct me if I am wrong. I don't think you can play f2p on xbox without gamepass. On PlayStation, f2p doesn't require PS+.
PS+ gets you monthly benefits in the form of a small number of in-game resources for genshin. But it's not required.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
This is one of the stupidest announcements I've seen a dev make all day. It's in version 4.8 on pc, mobile, and Playstation. Even if they start out on version 5.0 the xbox community will be atleast 30 five star characters behind. These are the game's selling point and alot of those characters don't get put into the standard roll banner I wouldn't be surprised if Mihoyo pulls the plug on this port after a year of wasting resources. Meanwhile they crapped on the Nintedo community again seeing as how despite being years in still no port for them.

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This is one of the stupidest announcements I've seen a dev make all day. It's in version 4.8 on pc, mobile, and Playstation. Even if they start out on version 5.0 the xbox community will be atleast 30 five star characters behind. These are the game's selling point and alot of those characters don't get put into the standard roll banner I wouldn't be surprised if Mihoyo pulls the plug on this port after a year of wasting resources. Meanwhile they crapped on the Nintedo community again seeing as how despite being years in still no port for them.
The game won't run on switch. It's way too demanding.