Geoff Keighley: "After playing 3 hours of MARVEL's Spider-Man 2, my hype has only increased. Insomniac has delivered what may end up as the best super

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yeah it's fucking annoying. This shit is every few months as if we don't have proper game releases around every corner. It's real weird, some of these ppl have to be getting paid for this.
Its not about not getting releases. Its about whats been exclusive to PS5 and the announcements. Its not been busy.

Since 2021 ( Spiderman 2 Announcement ) we’ve only been told about Concord, Fairgame and Marathon as far as 1st party games. Been shown 3 games since 2021 is not a great big deal.
Unless you count Rise of Ronin and Death Stranding 2 which both arent really Sony WWS games. I mean yes Xdev is helping Team Ninja but we know its not exactly 1st party, they are not owned by Sony.

We’ve only had TLOU1 Remake since September 2022 as far as PS5 exclusives from 1st party and before that it was Ratchet and Clank 2021.
Its like they are banging out multiple PS5 exclusives from 1st party games.

We made fun of Xbox when they barely released any next gen exclusives, no reason why we cant criticise our own.

From 1st party for PS5 exclusive we’ve had:

-Demons Souls
-Astrobot
-Destruction AllStars
-Returnal
-Ratchet and Clank
-TLOU1 Remake

-Call of the Mountain and Firewall Ultra (VR games)

Thats about it. And 3 of them are now on PC. Im not gonna count PC ports, Mobile ports, “2nd party” and 3rd party exclusives. Im talking strictly PS5, Strictly 1st party WWS.

Ive loved playing Horizon 2, GT7, and GOW R etc on PS5, I loooove FF16. Demons Souls, Returnal, Spiderman MM. And Ive enjoyed playing crossgen games on PS5 and its been totally worth it. Im looking forward to Concord and Marathon, Spiderman 2. But as far as PS5 exclusives from 1st party, either releases and announcements, its not good in my opinion.

So strictly 1st party WWS.
Since 2021. We’ve had:
-TLOU1 Remake
-Spiderman 2 comin

And we’ve been told about
-Concord,
-Fairgame
-Marathon.

You can stretch it and add Death Stranding 2 and Rise of Ronin.

Thats not alot

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Its not about not getting releases. Its about whats been exclusive to PS5 and the announcements. Its not been busy.

Since 2021 ( Spiderman 2 Announcement ) we’ve only been told about Concord, Fairgame and Marathon as far as 1st party games. Been shown 3 games since 2021 is not a great big deal.
Unless you count Rise of Ronin and Death Stranding 2 which both arent really Sony WWS games. I mean yes Xdev is helping Team Ninja but we know its not exactly 1st party, they are not owned by Sony.

We’ve only had TLOU1 Remake since September 2022 as far as PS5 exclusives from 1st party and before that it was Ratchet and Clank 2021.
Its like they are banging out multiple PS5 exclusives from 1st party games.

We made fun of Xbox when they barely released any next gen exclusives, no reason why we cant criticise our own.

From 1st party for PS5 exclusive we’ve had:

-Demons Souls
-Astrobot
-Destruction AllStars
-Returnal
-Ratchet and Clank
-TLOU1 Remake

-Call of the Mountain and Firewall Ultra (VR games)

Thats about it. And 3 of them are now on PC. Im not gonna count PC ports, Mobile ports, “2nd party” and 3rd party exclusives. Im talking strictly PS5, Strictly 1st party WWS.

Ive loved playing Horizon 2, GT7, and GOW R etc on PS5, I loooove FF16. Demons Souls, Returnal, Spiderman MM. And Ive enjoyed playing crossgen games on PS5 and its been totally worth it. Im looking forward to Concord and Marathon, Spiderman 2. But as far as PS5 exclusives from 1st party, either releases and announcements, its not good in my opinion.

So strictly 1st party WWS.
Since 2021. We’ve had:
-TLOU1 Remake
-Spiderman 2 comin

And we’ve been told about
-Concord,
-Fairgame
-Marathon.

You can stretch it and add Death Stranding 2 and Rise of Ronin.

Thats not alot
Fair point but I've been satisfied and look forward to the games I do know coming. We also know alot of studios are working on games we don't have firm info on. Sony on software has never let me down so thy definitely get the benefit of the doubt from me until they show me otherwise. Like I said in other posts blame the idiots parroting "soony" and complaining we getting shown stuff to early in development for why we have less info. Sony I know as always will come through, they have never showed me different in the software side for main ps consoles.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Fair point but I've been satisfied and look forward to the games I do know coming. We also know alot of studios are working on games we don't have firm info on. Sony on software has never let me down so thy definitely get the benefit of the doubt from me until they show me otherwise. Like I said in other posts blame the idiots parroting "soony" and complaining we getting shown stuff to early in development for why we have less info. Sony I know as always will come through, they have never showed me different in the software side for main ps consoles.

Dont get me wrong, Im not worried. I know Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog etc are working on stuff and it will probably be amazing.
I think they might have been late on expanding the rest of the studios, but fingers crossed it all works out and much smoother going forward.

Ill be worried if this was the norm. Im a but worried if Bluepoint has just starting making a game after GOW R as they were helping out Santa Monica. Sony has the resources to hire more people for there teams. They should do.

I also dont care about all the FUD about Gaas. People wanted more multiplayer games and we’re gonna get it. If its anything like Ghost of Tsushima online and what Naughty Dog has said they are doing with Factions 2 then Im all good with that and excited. Not every game has to be a massive hit, I love the PS2/PS3/PS4 days of smaller titles from 1st party too

I just personally prefer to know stuff is coming. Like Rise of Ronin, Death Stranding, 2024, sweet. I wish we get told about more stuff coming in 2024 and 2025, especially from 1st party. Like Wolverine :)

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well Spider-man was already the best and most successful super hero game.

If they can improve over that then you have another killer gun here.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
24 Jun 2022
I'm excited for Marathon and Concord. Some people here just don't like Playstation as much as they claim.

But we barely know anything about those games :/ And not everyone's played the old Marathon games (I'm not even aware if they've ever been ported outside of Apple systems).

I think some of you are confusing genuine inquiry about future prospects of various partnerships and trajectories thereof, as though we don't care about PlayStation. Some of us are asking these questions because we care. And I know in my case, it's been about macro things concerning certain business practices, or messaging strategies in enthusiasts spaces.

And yes the whole ABK BS played a negative factor into things, a lot of that outside of Sony's control.

Firefly

25 Jul 2022
It gonna be Zelda again.

Anyone wanna place a bet.
No Gollum will take it
Lord Of The Rings Loop GIF by Xbox