Geoff Keighley: "After playing 3 hours of MARVEL's Spider-Man 2, my hype has only increased. Insomniac has delivered what may end up as the best super

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
Its not about not getting releases. Its about whats been exclusive to PS5 and the announcements. Its not been busy.

Since 2021 ( Spiderman 2 Announcement ) we’ve only been told about Concord, Fairgame and Marathon as far as 1st party games. Been shown 3 games since 2021 is not a great big deal.
Unless you count Rise of Ronin and Death Stranding 2 which both arent really Sony WWS games. I mean yes Xdev is helping Team Ninja but we know its not exactly 1st party, they are not owned by Sony.

We’ve only had TLOU1 Remake since September 2022 as far as PS5 exclusives from 1st party and before that it was Ratchet and Clank 2021.
Its like they are banging out multiple PS5 exclusives from 1st party games.

We made fun of Xbox when they barely released any next gen exclusives, no reason why we cant criticise our own.

From 1st party for PS5 exclusive we’ve had:

-Demons Souls
-Astrobot
-Destruction AllStars
-Returnal
-Ratchet and Clank
-TLOU1 Remake

-Call of the Mountain and Firewall Ultra (VR games)

Thats about it. And 3 of them are now on PC. Im not gonna count PC ports, Mobile ports, “2nd party” and 3rd party exclusives. Im talking strictly PS5, Strictly 1st party WWS.

Ive loved playing Horizon 2, GT7, and GOW R etc on PS5, I loooove FF16. Demons Souls, Returnal, Spiderman MM. And Ive enjoyed playing crossgen games on PS5 and its been totally worth it. Im looking forward to Concord and Marathon, Spiderman 2. But as far as PS5 exclusives from 1st party, either releases and announcements, its not good in my opinion.

So strictly 1st party WWS.
Since 2021. We’ve had:
-TLOU1 Remake
-Spiderman 2 comin

And we’ve been told about
-Concord,
-Fairgame
-Marathon.

You can stretch it and add Death Stranding 2 and Rise of Ronin.

Thats not alot
Not a lot only because many heavy-hitters were cross-gen, like GoW:R, GT 7 and H:FW. I'm not sure I care if games are cross-gen. Would any of the games I mentioned be better if PS5-exclusive? maybe... but also might have taken much longer to come out. GoW:R & GT7 are PS5 games to me because I played them on PS5. Doesn't matter that much that they're on PS4 too.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Yeah it's fucking annoying. This shit is every few months as if we don't have proper game releases around every corner. It's real weird, some of these ppl have to be getting paid for this.
"Well, MS has 3 big releases this year and Sony has none, I'm selling my PS5 to get a Series S for RedFall and Starfield" - Generic concerned PS5 user #19290

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Its not about not getting releases. Its about whats been exclusive to PS5 and the announcements. Its not been busy.

Since 2021 ( Spiderman 2 Announcement ) we’ve only been told about Concord, Fairgame and Marathon as far as 1st party games. Been shown 3 games since 2021 is not a great big deal.
Unless you count Rise of Ronin and Death Stranding 2 which both arent really Sony WWS games. I mean yes Xdev is helping Team Ninja but we know its not exactly 1st party, they are not owned by Sony.

We’ve only had TLOU1 Remake since September 2022 as far as PS5 exclusives from 1st party and before that it was Ratchet and Clank 2021.
Its like they are banging out multiple PS5 exclusives from 1st party games.

We made fun of Xbox when they barely released any next gen exclusives, no reason why we cant criticise our own.

From 1st party for PS5 exclusive we’ve had:

-Demons Souls
-Astrobot
-Destruction AllStars
-Returnal
-Ratchet and Clank
-TLOU1 Remake

-Call of the Mountain and Firewall Ultra (VR games)

Thats about it. And 3 of them are now on PC. Im not gonna count PC ports, Mobile ports, “2nd party” and 3rd party exclusives. Im talking strictly PS5, Strictly 1st party WWS.

Ive loved playing Horizon 2, GT7, and GOW R etc on PS5, I loooove FF16. Demons Souls, Returnal, Spiderman MM. And Ive enjoyed playing crossgen games on PS5 and its been totally worth it. Im looking forward to Concord and Marathon, Spiderman 2. But as far as PS5 exclusives from 1st party, either releases and announcements, its not good in my opinion.

So strictly 1st party WWS.
Since 2021. We’ve had:
-TLOU1 Remake
-Spiderman 2 comin

And we’ve been told about
-Concord,
-Fairgame
-Marathon.

You can stretch it and add Death Stranding 2 and Rise of Ronin.

Thats not alot
Honestly if nobody was holding calendars like this I would not feel it, and honestly I don't feel it at all.

Sony has had periods like this, it only means that it happens that their main studios are busy cooking something new. Saying this in a year where we have FF XVI, Baldurs Gate 3 and SpiderMan 2... after last year's output, feels kind of strange, I have not played most games I wanted to play from last year still and SpiderMan 2 seems better and better, same for BG3, so I will not make up complaints.

Also, even if multi-plat Ubi's Star Wars game seems pretty great.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Im hyped for this game but please can insomniac go back to resistance after this

Im actually checked out completely on this to where I’ve skipped all media. Wolverine tho I will be interested in because Logan and Batman are the only two super heroes I’d actually be interested in playing games or watching media of. So yea I’m def waiting for Insomniac to move from marvel.

I don’t think it’s only Wolverine in their pipeline at all tho. Predicting they got something original in the works. It wouldn’t be wise for them to exclusively stick with Marvel indefinitely. They need their own IP made at some point that’s not Ratchet.

I’m looking forward to spidey’a release tho — just so the low effort Twitter spam topics flooding this front page can die out a bit.

Reactions: Airbus
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Im actually checked out completely on this to where I’ve skipped all media. Wolverine tho I will be interested in because Logan and Batman are the only two super heroes I’d actually be interested in playing games or watching media of. So yea I’m def waiting for Insomniac to move from marvel.

I don’t think it’s only Wolverine in their pipeline at all tho. Predicting they got something original in the works. It wouldn’t be wise for them to exclusively stick with Marvel indefinitely. They need their own IP made at some point that’s not Ratchet.

I’m looking forward to spidey’a release tho — just so the low effort Twitter spam topics flooding this front page can die out a bit.
Wolverine is my most anti cook game period!