Ghost of Tsushima broke the Steam CCU record for any Sony SP PC game

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Show me the sales. CCU is a useless metric, especially since it's only a few thousand higher than GOW. Let me see this break the 2 million sales PS games are struggling to break on PC.

Good review score. Glad to see the PC players' boycott against themselves didn't really work out.

2 million for a port of a 4 year old game is excellent, what are you expecting?

You guys keep moving goal posts

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
2 million for a port of a 4 year old game is excellent, what are you expecting?
What difference does the time frame make? Sea of Thieves was 3 years old when it released on PS and it had 3 editions in the top charts on the PS store. Clearly, waiting several years doesn't matter and doesn't effect sales.. Almost looks like there isn't a big market for these games on PC.

All this talk about how the PC market's several BILLION gamers strong, there sure isn't a lot to back it up...

What was I expecting sales wise? At least half of what the game sold on PS. These are all great, well known games. They shouldn't struggle to sell 2 million. GOT sold 9.7 million in 2 years on PS. It won't get anywhere near that on PC.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
What was I expecting sales wise? At least half of what the game sold on PS. These are all great, well known games. They shouldn't struggle to sell 2 million. GOT sold 9.7 million in 2 years on PS. It won't get anywhere near that on PC.

Why do you even care how much they sell? Are you on the Sony board of executives?

Just play the games and have fun

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
People talk about a delay window as if every player has the time to play everything day one.

What difference does the time frame make? Sea of Thieves was 3 years old when it released on PS and it had 3 editions in the top charts on the PS store. Clearly, waiting several years doesn't matter and doesn't effect sales.. Almost looks like there isn't a big market for these games on PC.

All this talk about how the PC market's several BILLION gamers strong, there sure isn't a lot to back it up...

There sure are a lot of people pirating these Denuvoless single player games on PC.

Sony is fine with it so we shouldn't bother. Maybe we shouldn't bother paying as well since they like what is going on on PC so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Box

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Ohh, a zinger. Is that the copium you huff for having to wait for years to play some games?

Funny how you thought that was a gotcha. I could care less about your fanboy list wars. Enjoy the game millions played 4 years ago.
It's weak, kinda like when Xbots list first-party exclusives and put CoD top of the list.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
So, Steam suckers, is PSN a problem or not?
When it comes to online games PC players lose all their bargaining power (that is derived from being able to pirate the game), over the year they even accepted stuff like battle.net with always online DRM.

If Sony wants PC players on PSN all they need to do is port GT7, Bloodborne, MLB, Uncharted 4 and TLoU multiplayer modes.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz