GI.biz: Developers are Being Told to not Expect Switch Sucessor to Launch This FY

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm a bit surprised because I expected it to launch at late in March 2025 (this FY).

At the link below around 1:00 mark.

"..The second one is that no developer I've spoken to expects it to launch in this financial year, in fact they've been told not to expect it in this financial year. A bunch of people I spoke to hope it's out in April/May time still early next year not late.."

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They wanna milk the switch and beat that PS2 record it seems or they're having some manufacturing hiccups 🤔

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They wanna milk the switch and beat that PS2 record it seems or they're having some manufacturing hiccups 🤔
Everybody is having manufacturing hiccups.
Process nodes is not moving at the pace it used to move.

Maybe with today process it is fair to say you can get around 2TFs with ARM CPUs and mobile LPDDR in portable form factor... but going over that is a challenge.
Plus when I say portable form factor are these big portables.

Small and good looking portables like Switch maybe not even that.
I believe Nintendo always strikes good looking portables in design, size and features... even at the expensive of low hardware specs.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I don’t think nintendo gives a fuck about the ps2 record, they could have beat it already with the DS if they wanted.

Nintendo care more about the cost of manufacturing and the lesser profit they’ll receive once they put out the successor. The switch prints money even as it sells less and less hardware this year. Once they put out 2 they gotta charge more for it, make less from each model, and spend more to market it.

There’s also no garuntee it will be as successful as the original

Reactions: Zzero

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I'm not too surprised. I initially thought summer this year, then pushed it back to fall. When they announced no Switch this year I, of course, switched to March. But we're all the way to August with no manufacturing leaks, its obvious that they aren't making systems yet or even setting up production lines. At this point March might not even be possible, even if Nintendo changed their minds immediately.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I will buy it because I have children now so I hope it to be successful.
But Nintendo is always hit or miss across generations.
I think Nintendo will have another hit here. 100+ million guaranteed. Next gen monolith game is going to be fucking incredible

Reactions: ethomaz

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
What’s the rush? It’s selling almost as well as the PS5 😂😂😂

Nintendo will want to milk The Switch as much as possible, it's still selling millions of units a month
Not millions a month, but still doing well, especially since it’s in the last year. They shipped 2.1m last quarter (PS5 only did 2.4m)

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I think Nintendo will have another hit here. 100+ million guaranteed. Next gen monolith game is going to be fucking incredible
I'm not so sure, BotW gave Switch incredible momentum, plus the Covid boost, plus having the hybrid market to itself, plus seemingly having a price sweet spot, plus having a bunch of Wii U titles to port to a new audience.

Switch 2 won't have most, or possibly even any, of that.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
What’s the rush? It’s selling almost as well as the PS5 😂😂😂

Not millions a month, but still doing well, especially since it’s in the last year. They shipped 2.1m last quarter (PS5 only did 2.4m)
You are the biggest platform warrior I have ever seen on the internet. Idk if I should feel entertained or sad for you 😂

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
My biggest fear is the prolonging of the Switch is the successor doesn't play Switch games. They are milking this generation as they fear another Wii U.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
You are the biggest platform warrior I have ever seen on the internet. Idk if I should feel entertained or sad for you 😂
What? All I did was state facts? 😂 If you’re getting triggered over objective truths, then maybe YOU’RE the console warrior? 🤔 Console wars are for silly kids like you, I don’t partake in that corny nonsense.

Switch in its last year is selling nearly as much as PS5, this is just a fact. Don’t shoot the messenger 🤷‍♂️

• haha
Reactions: voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
What? All I did was state facts? 😂 If you’re getting triggered over objective truths, then maybe YOU’RE the console warrior? 🤔 Console wars are for silly kids like you, I don’t partake in that corny nonsense.

Switch in its last year is selling nearly as much as PS5, this is just a fact. Don’t shoot the messenger 🤷‍♂️
I’m not triggered, I truly find your posts entertaining (social outcast platform warriors are my favorite terminally online people to laugh at.) and congrats… you’re the cream of the crop. Keep it up man I’ll be enjoying it 🤣

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Nintendo will want to milk The Switch as much as possible, it's still selling millions of units a month
Their profit is down like 50% YoY they hurt themselves by waiting too long to launch new hardware. they can't depend on mtx from big service games like ps and Xbox they need to constantly move hardware and software in large volume. Their software sales are shtand hardware has saturated the market.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
I'm not so sure, BotW gave Switch incredible momentum, plus the Covid boost, plus having the hybrid market to itself, plus seemingly having a price sweet spot, plus having a bunch of Wii U titles to port to a new audience.

Switch 2 won't have most, or possibly even any, of that.
They are also against the worst Sony and Microsoft ever. If they can still deliver games being the only must own console left will pay off.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I’m not triggered, I truly find your posts entertaining (social outcast platform warriors are my favorite terminally online people to laugh at.) and congrats… you’re the cream of the crop. Keep it up man I’ll be enjoying it 🤣
Throwing a fit and resorting to personal insults just because someone presented factual sales data…and I’m the terminally online console warrior social outcast? 😂😂😂

• haha
Reactions: voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Throwing a fit and resorting to personal insults just because someone presented factual sales data…and I’m the terminally online console warrior social outcast? 😂😂😂
LMAO 🤣🤣 love u man keep it goin!!! Own them losers!!!