GI.biz: Developers are Being Told to not Expect Switch Sucessor to Launch This FY

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
April 2025?
I think it will be later again. It would be stupid to put it near GTAVI release unless there is a Ps4/Xbone quality version that can play on the Switch 2. That would sell. GTAVI period will move PS5 & Series consoles. There isn't enough money to go around for everyone.

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
It seems like Nintendo couldn't get enough chips from Nvidia’s back alley trash can to release the Switch 2 this year.
Maybe waiting for price to come down on whatever they got from Nvidia.

Nvidia isn't know for affordability, and Nintendo want day one profit on hardware.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Maybe waiting for price to come down on whatever they got from Nvidia.

Nvidia isn't know for affordability, and Nintendo want day one profit on hardware.

Yep, they’ll buy Nvidia’s scrap pile to cut costs.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
sounds like the cycle is going to repeat of Nintendo’s console feeling old by the time it releases.
The Nintendo published games are gonna hit for sure tho. 3rd parties….. likely not but I don’t really think Nintendo even wants others to have high sales on their platform at this point, I believe it’s strategic

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The wii u was already more powerful than the ps3 what
La Bomba Laugh GIF by Movistar Plus+

Donald Duck Reaction GIF

Laughter Laughing GIF

• haha
Reactions: Evilms

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You think BOTW and Xenoblade Chronicles X would be capable of running on a PS3 with at least equivalent performance?????

Id say its closer to PS3 power then compared to X1 and PS4.
TLOU and RDR would work on switch I think. No way would TLOU2, Uncharted 4, GOW. And we saw how Witcher 3 and MK looked on Switch.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Id say its closer to PS3 power then compared to X1 and PS4.
TLOU and RDR would work on switch I think. No way would TLOU2, Uncharted 4, GOW. And we saw how Witcher 3 and MK looked on Switch.
I would argue that the Wii U is more powerful than the ps3/360 but not as powerful as the ps4/xbone, and that the switch's power is equivalent to the Wii U (and thus still weaker than PS4/Xbone).

Also RDR is on Switch already actually

Reactions: Kokoloko

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
*googling more info on the wii u and comparisons*
Okay wtf Im glad yall argued with me on this because upon googling some games do look better on wii u (need for speed) but a good chunk of the games I'm looking up have miniscule differences and in many cases run decently worse on wii u. Internet is telling me while ram and gpu were better the wii u's cpu was garbo.