God of War is PlayStation's best IP

DeltaAki

9 Dec 2023
I stand by God of War is PlayStation's IP and it will only get better with the next mainline title and possible show.

I can list at least 6 different spin-off ideas for this IP and 15m+ in 13 months is crazy for one IP. EU powerhouse IP and does well in USA too.

Give me a Celtic God of War game!

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
They’re turning it into their own version of Zelda

Next game having multiple Pantheons and maybe having a war between them whilst Kratos now grown will have a more nuanced approach dealing with these situations

Absolutely no question that he is the face of PlayStation

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Only TLOU would compete with GOW. The possibilities are limitless with all the mythologies and timelines (unless he fights with Jesus).

That crowd reaction.

That crowd reaction.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Yup, they need to know how to do "a Nintendo" though.

When a new generation starts, they could reboot or soft reboot the series, give an alternate timeline or do remakes with a different twist.

I don't know if an open world version would work but I think they have to consider how to keep it all fresh and make each installment different, they've been doing an amazing job lately though.

It's definitely my favorite PS IP by far.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I would have said that after the 2018 GoW but the way they rushed the story in Ragnarok was off putting to me and made me lose interest in that world (even if it still was an overall high quality game).

Uncharted, TLoU and God of War are all pretty strong IPs for what they are. The Order: 1886 is the top dog as far as IPs go tho (only half-joking that IP had huge potential).

At this point I can't wait to see a new IP by ND or SSM.

Last edited:

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I would have said that after the 2018 GoW but the way they rushed the story in Ragnarok was off putting to me and made me lose interest in that world (even if it still was an overall high quality game).

Uncharted, TLoU and God of War are all pretty strong IPs for what they are. The Order: 1886 is the top dog as far as IPs go tho (only half-joking that IP had huge potential).

At this point I can't wait to see a new IP by ND or SSM.
The Order 1886? You can’t be serious! LMAO
Cracking Up Lol GIF

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023

When a new generation starts, they could reboot or soft reboot the series, give an alternate timeline or do remakes with a different twist.

I don't know if an open world version would work but I think they have to consider how to keep it all fresh and make each installment different, they've been doing an amazing job lately though.

nah they are nowhere near Nintendo level of IP managing.

Nintendo have their own IP department for Mario all the way back in 90s, and they spin their golden child Pokemon to a different comoglate(don't know how to pronouce it) group to handle it.

Pokemon is now biggest thing ever and Mario is the biggest IP followed after that, Zelda is on track to be that of the Zelda movie is successful, and I am certainly it will.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
If only they had put more love into Astro 🙁

Astro is fairly young. If you count the Playroom on PS4 and the PS5 game, it might actually be the IP with the most "sales".

But I really hope that we get more Astro. Still hoping for that PSVR2 port of the first game.

Reactions: Box and Sircaw

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I stand by God of War is PlayStation's IP and it will only get better with the next mainline title and possible show.

I can list at least 6 different spin-off ideas for this IP and 15m+ in 13 months is crazy for one IP. EU powerhouse IP and does well in USA too.

Give me a Celtic God of War game!
I said the same thing earlier today in another thread, GoW is the best, no question.

But where I disagree with you both is about the constant spin-offs. GoW is way too special to be endlessly milked, I hate that idea and it devalues Kratos character and his journey.
Only TLOU would compete with GOW. The possibilities are limitless with all the mythologies and timelines (unless he fights with Jesus).

That crowd reaction.

That crowd reaction.

I like TLOU but its not on GoW level at all, maybe tlou2 is better from a technical perspective but besides that they're not even in the same stratosphere.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It's definitely the best PlayStation IP. Though they're definitely gonna have to find a way to reinvent it for the next mythology which I assume will be Egypt. The potential will be endless in that realm.

Uncharted is also right up there though they kinda fucked the franchise with Uncharted 4... Like you don't age your characterts so fast Naughty Dog.

Infamous had potential but that was cut down right as it was it peaked and it's dormant now, so not sure its worth going back to.

Horizon had the potential to be up there but Guerilla failed to make Aloy have her Uncharted 2 moment with Forbidden West.

And of course last but definitely not least the IP with the most potential to still blow up, but Insomniac can't seem to think outside the box and take it to the next level... Ratchet & Clank. There's so much potential here. It has space travel / combat, realm warping, a slew of great character, a vibrant world where anything goes... It has the potential to actually go open world and throw in more RPG elements...

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
It's definitely the best PlayStation IP. Though they're definitely gonna have to find a way to reinvent it for the next mythology which I assume will be Egypt. The potential will be endless in that realm.

Uncharted is also right up there though they kinda fucked the franchise with Uncharted 4... Like you don't age your characterts so fast Naughty Dog.
Yeah...Uncharted is an IP that actually makes sense to have a lot of new games. There's no shortage of treasure and adventures to go on for Nate, but I guess they didn't want to become just an Uncharted studio.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Yeah...Uncharted is an IP that actually makes sense to have a lot of new games. There's no shortage of treasure and adventures to go on for Nate, but I guess they didn't want to become just an Uncharted studio.
Which is unfortunate because that was the whole purpose of Amy creating the franchise, she said the franchise was never meant to have an ending. That's why I personally didn't like the ending but... The Lost Legacy was excellent too, so hopefully one day Naughty Dog will wanna revisit it.

• Informative
Reactions: JAHGamer

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The Order 1886? You can’t be serious! LMAO
Cracking Up Lol GIF
Great IP and setting, would love a director's cut and a sequel. Plenty of good IPs didn't start with great games.

Game was rushed out of the door and was fucked up because of that but that doesn't mean it didn't have anything of value.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I like TLOU but its not on GoW level at all, maybe tlou2 is better from a technical perspective but besides that they're not even in the same stratosphere.
I meant for the general public. A trailer for TLOU3 would break records I think. The crowd would react the same way with Joel like they did with Kratos.

I agree GOW is a way better franchise now. I didn't even like TLOU2 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: JAHGamer

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Great IP and setting, would love a director's cut and a sequel. Plenty of good IPs didn't start with great games.

Game was rushed out of the door and was fucked up because of that but that doesn't mean it didn't have anything of value.
I agree. I didn't hate the game but they definitely needed more time as they spent a good amount of time just making the engine. What they accomplished on a technical level is still nothing short of amazing.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I agree. I didn't hate the game but they definitely needed more time as they spent a good amount of time just making the engine. What they accomplished on a technical level is still nothing short of amazing.
Really impressive when you consider development time and what they were able to produce. Look at what they achieved 4 years after releasing a PSP game. Game is extremely impressive for 2015. At the time Sony simply had no idea how long it would take for games of that quality to be made, it was no surprise the game was so short and rushed.

With more development time I think it could've become another Sony hit.

Reactions: Box