Both Silknight & Billbil-kun state GOW R next game coming to PC. Also God of War project being worked on but not by Santa Monica Studios.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
God of war big ass Greek Kratos anthology won't be s thing until the pendulum swings the other way ideologically at Sony right?

Those games still look and play great, even better than OTS, 30 FOV new God of war.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
There will be more major games from PS releasing on PC then on PS console in 2024 just like 2023, crazy.

There focus is PC it’s clear

SM2 could’ve had another 6 month of dev time to ensure a less rush feeling game but they had nothing else from first party so it had to launch anyways. I’ve seen many Spider-Man fans overall disappointed in SM2 then Spider-Man 2018 PS focus on PC is getting clearer & clearer for consumers as these games comes out & are worse then its previous or don’t hit like before because it’s not exclusive & everybody in the room knows a PC port is in the works. More & more people will wait for PS games to be ported as the elusiveness & prestige of PS games degrades becomes there no longer exclusive. Part of the charm of Uncharted 3 & other PS games back in the day was this can only be played on PS & the quality re ensure PS & its games where prestige’s & a platform worth investing

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
There will be more major games from PS releasing on PC then on PS console in 2024 just like 2023, crazy.

There focus is PC it’s clear

SM2 could’ve had another 6 month of dev time to ensure a less rush feeling game but they had nothing else from first party so it had to launch anyways. I’ve seen many Spider-Man fans overall disappointed in SM2 then Spider-Man 2018 PS focus on PC is getting clearer & clearer for consumers as these games comes out & are worse then its previous or don’t hit like before because it’s not exclusive & everybody in the room knows a PC port is in the works. More & more people will wait for PS games to be ported as the elusiveness & prestige of PS games degrades becomes there no longer exclusive. Part of the charm of Uncharted 3 & other PS games back in the day was this can only be played on PS & the quality re ensure PS & its games where prestige’s & a platform worth investing
Their* focus being PC in 2024 is simply because they are continuing to release more PC versions of first party games long after they've released on PS5, and their dev studios are all still hard at work to get their next games out the door and it's going to take a while more thanks to, y'know, COVID and all that. Drawing the conclusion that Sony cares more about PC versions of their games is a really weird take.

The current mission statement is still clearly to release on PS5 with a lengthy exclusivity window, at least as far as single player games go. It's clearly being modeled after the staggering between an exclusive theatrical window and home video/streaming release.

Last edited:
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You don't need to give him more reasons to hate on PlayStation, you know?
I don't think recognizing that the people in charge at PS are making some pretty stupid decisions gets anywhere near qualifying as being a "hater."

Reactions: Danja1187

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Let me continue to chase short term gains. The PS6 will be a monumental failure for their standards anyways. PS5 sales already slowing down, good luck throwing your loyal base under the bus to suck up to PC players who will steal your games and continue to wish for the death of your brand so you can fully go 3rd party

Nintendo will wreck them next year

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Let me continue to chase short term gains. The PS6 will be a monumental failure for their standards anyways. PS5 sales already slowing down, good luck throwing your loyal base under the bus to suck up to PC players who will steal your games and continue to wish for the death of your brand so you can fully go 3rd party

Ok. Lol You’re just mad that your plastic box will lose exclusives. Also, Nintendo doesn’t even directly compete with them anyway.

• brain
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Ok. Lol You’re just mad that your plastic box will lose exclusives. Also, Nintendo doesn’t even directly compete with them anyway.
Yeah you're right! Porting everything to PC and undermining their own console in their ill-fated quest for endless growth in profits will surely have no repercussions lol.

And yes Nintendo does compete directly and y'all can keep fooling yourselves they don't.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I don't think recognizing that the people in charge at PS are making some pretty stupid decisions gets anywhere near qualifying as being a "hater."

I didn't mean it like that and maybe I worded it wrongly (sorry, english still is only my 3rd language). It was more a joke about the fact, that having the "best console version of Xbox games" isn't really something to be happy about.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023

Nintendo can't wreck nothing. Lighting doesn't strike twice in a row. For the switch to be successful they had to: kill their home consoles, and let the much maligned Wii U back catalogue carry the console for the first few years of the generation. And on top of that, they were lucky with the pandemic and stock issues from PS5 and Xbox series. Folks had money to burn and no primary console to buy so they got the switch, how many of them became active users we will never know.

Switch 2 won't be another Wii u in terms of sales but it won't get to switch or wii levels.

Last edited:

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Yeah you're right! Porting everything to PC and undermining their own console in their ill-fated quest for endless growth in profits will surely have no repercussions lol.

And yes Nintendo does compete directly and y'all can keep fooling yourselves they don't.
You’re also the same person who said the Helldivers server issues were going to affect the hype of the game. Lol Look. Most PS fans aren’t going to want to build a PC for $1500/$2000 and deal with the B.S that PC gaming comes with. This isn’t Xbox porting games to PS, where PS consoles are priced similarly. Also, how is Nintendo competing with PS directly, when GTA VI and these other big 3rd party games won’t be on PS? Lol

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Nintendo can't wreck nothing. Lighting doesn't strike twice in a row. For the switch to be successful they had to: kill their home consoles, and let the much maligned Wii U back catalogue carry the console for the first few years of the generation. And on top of that, they were lucky with the pandemic and stock issues from PS5 and Xbox series. Folks had money to burn and no primary console to buy so they got the switch, how many of them became active users we will never know.

Switch 2 won't be another Wii u in terms of sales but it won't get to switch or wii levels.
Exactly. Nintendo got lucky with the pandemic and it was also a new thing. There were many people who didn’t care about gaming, that bought a Switch because they were bored with nothing to do. That probably gave the Switch an extra 10M sales. We don’t know if casuals will jump to Switch 2, especially if it’s priced at over $300. Most Casuals that bought the original GB didn’t jump to the GBA. The DS sold 154M units compared to the 75M the 3DS sold.

Last edited:
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
There better be a showcase with new Ps5 reveals for games coming out in 2025 and beyond, otherwise they are just giving people who dont have a Ps5 less and less reasons to get it mid cycle if the whole library is already available elsewhere and there is nothing new coming to the console.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

So Covid is what saved the Switch? This nonsense. The Switch was a success from the very beginning and the fact you are berating them for remastering the Wii-U catalog as if Sony isn't doing exactly that with the PS5 too? But unlike Nintendo they don't really have an actual reason for doing so other than greed and lack of preparation for this generation.

The Switch has sold software and hardware at a faster pace than any other system in History so clearly it's clear majority became active users lol.

When the Switch 2 also manages to get even more 3rd party releases compared to the Switch, again please tell me they aren't directly competing... It's not 2013 anymore.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Even if i care about now, doesn't mean we have to bomb our future because our future will be soon enough a present.

Playstation literally fucking up in real time, forgive me if i care.

That's why xbox going away, because no one cares.
They are fucking up, but what can I do? Should I live in panic because a corporate is fucking up? Let Sony taste its own fuckery. Someone else will pick up where they left. This is life.