God of War Ragnarök PC system requirements revealed

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
God of War Ragnarök is coming to PC* on September 19. To prepare you for your journey back into the Nine Realms, check out the system requirements below.

53894219642_152e9d00da_k.jpg

**Native Resolution. No upscaling technology was used.

Graphics Technology

We’re also happy to confirm that God of War Ragnarök on PC supports all major graphics card manufacturer technologies, including:

• Nvidia DLSS 3.7
  • AMD FSR 3.1
  • Intel XeSS 1.3
  • Frame generation for all technologies utilizing that feature

These technologies will allow you to play at higher resolutions with superior framerates on all types of hardware.

Inhabiting the Nine Realms are a vast array of diverse locations and creatures. From the lush jungles of Vanaheim to the snowy mountains of Midgard, a beautiful world awaits you!

Pre-purchase God of War Ragnarök on PC to get access to the Kratos Risen Snow Armor and Atreus Risen Snow Tunic (cosmetic)***

***Unlock in-game items via story progression.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Entropi and Evilms

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
200GB!? Lmao
This fact, and that a PS4 game requires a 1060 to play It on the lowest setting, makes me worried for this port lol

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
I hope this is the last we see of pc ports for these games for a while now. How are you going to use patches or native Ps5 Pro versions for currently released games as a selling point for Ps5 Pro when u keep making pc versions and throwing them in sops about how they have higher res and fps etc.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I hope this is the last we see of pc ports for these games for a while now. How are you going to use patches or native Ps5 Pro versions for currently released games as a selling point for Ps5 Pro when u keep making pc versions and throwing them in sops about how they have higher res and fps etc.
Nope, TLOU2 and Demon Souls are early 2025, and then Spider-Man 2 a few months later. And it'll be yet another year where we'll be lucky to get 1 single player 1st party game while seeing a bunch of pc ports 😂

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I still don't understand why is a PSN account required for a single player game? 😂😂 Is this their pathetic attempt at DRM? Instead of just using Denuvo?

Reactions: TrishaCat

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Nope, TLOU2 and Demon Souls are early 2025, and then Spider-Man 2 a few months later. And it'll be yet another year where we'll be lucky to get 1 single player 1st party game while seeing a bunch of pc ports 😂
They are running out of ports to make 🤣
Back to PS4 gen I guess

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Pretty measly requirements, but the game is absolutely huge! The first game is only 70GB.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Different audiences in the main so I doubt they care. Also these ports of single-player games are coming out much later, whereas Ghosts 2, Death Stranding 2 etc will obviously be available to Pro players from launch.

• Peachy
Reactions: Neversummer

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I still don't understand why is a PSN account required for a single player game? 😂😂 Is this their pathetic attempt at DRM? Instead of just using Denuvo?

It's an astroturfing campaign. An account for each publisher fine but now way Sony requires you to have one of theirs too. Shills like that wouldn't even buy the game. Good riddance.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
It's an astroturfing campaign. An account for each publisher fine but now way Sony requires you to have one of theirs too. Shills like that wouldn't even buy the game. Good riddance.
Nah, I can understand it for multiplayer games...but this is a single player game. What is PSN needed for? 99% of 3rd party single player games on Steam don't require an account.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Nah, it's there way to push their MAU numbers in order to make the investors happy.
yeah, you're probably right but that makes no sense for a game that'll only have a "high" ccu for a few weeks 😂 But nothing Sony does makes sense

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Id be curious to know what graphics settings most closely align with how the game looks and runs on PS5. A 4070Ti for 4k 60fps ultra settings hefty but understandable considering the scope of the game, but that's also well beyond the PS5's power, which makes me wonder how improved it looks, or if it's just settings that are really demanding with miniscule visual difference causing it

Hell yeah brother force me to sign in to play a $70 singleplayer game. This is so great for me a gamer who buys and plays video games offline sometimes.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I understand and think it is the only way to put games on PC 🤷‍♂️

After this is a PlayStation game… so not more fair that you have to log into a PlayStation account to play it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Nah, I can understand it for multiplayer games...but this is a single player game. What is PSN needed for? 99% of 3rd party single player games on Steam don't require an account.
Do you mean 99% of indies that doesn’t have enough money to put servers for Account support?

Most if not all big publishers requires Account login to play games on Steam… that includes MS, EA, Ubisoft, Rockstar, etc.

Reactions: Hezekiah

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Hell yeah brother force me to sign in to play a $70 singleplayer game. This is so great for me a gamer who buys and plays video games offline sometimes.
Activision, Ubisoft, EA and Rockstar all require an account to access some or all features of a game. And all started as optional, with some perks like extra missions for Assassin's Creed. Now they're required. That's not counting PC storefronts.

No fuss, no issues. But as soon as Sony requires an account, it's a major outrage campaign.

I was always against these extra accounts. Started with Konami and their Konami ID bs for Metal Gear online and then every major publisher included that requirement.I was against this when it was announced and I got shit for it here.

But the sheer amount of outrage over this and not other companies makes me glad to see the astroturfers squirm.