God of War Ragnarök PC system requirements revealed

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Do you mean indie library?
No
Here I'll link it again
https://icon-era.com/threads/gow-ra...play-any-of-it-on-pc.12368/page-6#post-286428
Most of these arebnot indies (a few are tho). Take a guess at how many of these require separate accounts:
EmYMG8o.jpeg

The games in this image that require separate accounts: Fall Guys (Epic), Helldivers 2 (PSN). What do these games have in common? Multiplayer. What do the rest have in common? Singleplayer, except Shadowverse which makes an account using your Steam account.
It is simply not that common to have account requirements on singleplayer games - rightfully so as they are unnecessary.

I'm not cherrypicking either I can get plenty, PLENTY more games to list that aren't indie that are singleplayer and don't require logging into an account

Last edited:

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I looked your library... now I understand why do you believe big publishers are not doing account requirements.
I am a weirdo I fully admit
But fwiw, in that image major publishers that can be picked out:
  • Square Enix
  • Bandai Namco
  • EA
  • NIS America
  • Bethesda
  • Spike Chunsoft
  • XSeed
  • D3 Publisher
  • Konami
  • Capcom
  • G-Mode (okay maybe not *major* but G-Mode does console and pc ports of mobile games from game devs like Atlus)
Now I'm not saying these publishers have never attached a sign in requirement to any game they've published - EA in particular has a healthy number of games that do have external sign in requirements. They just also have plenty that dont.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I am a weirdo I fully admit
But fwiw, in that image major publishers that can be picked out:
  • Square Enix
  • Bandai Namco
  • EA
  • NIS America
  • Bethesda
  • Spike Chunsoft
  • XSeed
  • D3 Publisher
  • Konami
  • G-Mode
Now I'm not saying these publishers have never attached a sign in requirement to any game they've published - EA in particular has a healthy number of games that do have external sign in requirements. They just also have plenty that dont.
EA requires Account for single player games... for example: Immortals of Aveum, STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor, Mass Effect, etc.
Ubisoft requires Account for single player games... for example: Prince of Persia The Lost Crown, Beyond Good & Evil, Rocksmith+, etc.
Rockstart requires Account for single player games... eg: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files, Max Payne 3, Bully: Scholarship Edition, etc.

I mean it is common for big Publishers do it than not.
And it will probably become more common in the future.

BTW Square Enix tried to force Account requirement to play FF7 remaster on Steam but due they own incompetency (they required to confirm the account receiving a email that never reached) so they dropped it... they need to work better in their Account system before try again.

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I hope this is the last we see of pc ports for these games for a while now. How are you going to use patches or native Ps5 Pro versions for currently released games as a selling point for Ps5 Pro when u keep making pc versions and throwing them in sops about how they have higher res and fps etc.
I suspect PS5 pro will do worse than PS4 pro sells wise. Not really sure why someone would buy it. It will be priced $600+ & at that price you can get a decent PC if you used the $600 & sold the PS5 or saved up more money & got a PC that would still play PS5 pro games better at a cheaper price + more benefits on Steam including mods which makes PS PC games have more content/features then the console version.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
MS single player games don't require a log in...I've played HiFi Rush and Pentiment on Steam and never had to log in to an Xbox account.

Of all the single player games I've played on PC, the only one I can think of that wanted me to log in was Mirrors Edge Catalyst. And that's just one game out of countless I've played on PC.

PSN sign in for single player games makes no sense, these game needs proper DRM. Denuvo stops the game from being pirated but you can still play it offline as long as the game is installed.
I can only think of 2 reason Sony is making all players who play any of there games make a PSN account ccu for investors aswell as having everyone under some sort of term/policy by making account if players modded, edit, altered the game Sony could ban them or maybe if all players have a PSN account who play there game if Sony was to ever de list there games off Steam & make them exclusive to the PS PC launcher someone who played it on Steam can easily make the transition to the PS PC launcher by singing in to your PSN which would show that you indeed owned/played the game & once the game was de listed of Steam PS customer support can give copies/tickets so those people can easily get the game on the PS PC launcher.

Let’s say Xbox open PC like console can play Steam games therefore playing PS games because everyone is song in to a PSN Sony could de list the game & make it exclusive to PS PC launcher so that Xbox can no longer play PS games through Steam & then easily hand out copies/tickets so previous owners could download the game on the PS PC launcher. Technically they would own the game & be able to make a transition where if there wasn’t a PSN there would be no way of PS de listing the game & having those previous owners get a version on the PS PC launcher for free.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Sony deserves it, they shouldn't have released their games on Steam in the first place
Should’ve been always exclusive to the PS PC launcher even there multiplayer games should’ve been exclusive to the PS PC launcher. Even Ubisoft have there games exclusive to there launcher but ofc Sony leadership like Herman & Jim rushed things for quick small profit at the cost of properly expanding & ensuring security of there games, competitiveness ability etc

Marathon should be exclusive to the PS PC launcher same for Ghost 2 multiplayer & Horizon online. Valve/Steam is a major threat to PS console & PS storefront.