God of War Ragnarök PC system requirements revealed

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
I would rather have less accounts than more accounts. But it is what it is. If I have to have 100 accounts for 100 different games, whatevs. I will create/login and play.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
yeah, you're probably right but that makes no sense for a game that'll only have a "high" ccu for a few weeks 😂 But nothing Sony does makes sense
The only bad decision here was Sony not having invested money since the first PC game to have mandatory PSN login.

Now they are facing some hating but it is essential to their business goals to mandatory PSN login to all PC games.

That will be even more crucial when they expand the PlayStation ecosystem on PC.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I still don't understand why is a PSN account required for a single player game? 😂😂 Is this their pathetic attempt at DRM? Instead of just using Denuvo?

Why is everyone OK with MS and the others requiring it?

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Activision, Ubisoft, EA and Rockstar all require an account to access some or all features of a game. And all started as optional, with some perks like extra missions for Assassin's Creed. Now they're required. That's not counting PC storefronts.

No fuss, no issues. But as soon as Sony requires an account, it's a major outrage campaign.

I was always against these extra accounts. Started with Konami and their Konami ID bs for Metal Gear online and then every major publisher included that requirement.I was against this when it was announced and I got shit for it here.

But the sheer amount of outrage over this and not other companies makes me glad to see the astroturfers squirm.
>no fuss, no issues
No? People complain every time something requires they sign into epic or ubishit. There was a big fuss over the Rockstar launcher when they first pushed it
Not all the games from these companies even use this; a decent chunk of recently released games from EA do not require signing into anything; most of their command and conquer games, for example.
And what, am I supposed to be like "oh well if these other guys do it that makes it okay"
No?
I'm sorry but if someone eats babies and they tell me "dont worry about it these other guys also eat babies" my response is not going to be "oh, well that's okay then".

Obviously this isn't as extreme as that example, but the point is that if a game is singleplayer, it by its nature does not require any internet access to function. Any internet access required, sign ins, etc, are things added on that inhibit the functionality of the game and general user experience. You feel that complaints are lopsided? Then complain and fuss and yell and scream about the others! Help free this world from those who would prevent you from playing YOUR GAMES that YOU PURCHASED offline on your own terms instead of bootlicking over something that makes the user experience worse for everyone

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Do you mean 99% of indies that doesn’t have enough money to put servers for Account support?

Most if not all big publishers requires Account login to play games on Steam… that includes MS, EA, Ubisoft, Rockstar, etc
Why is everyone OK with MS and the others requiring it?
MS single player games don't require a log in...I've played HiFi Rush and Pentiment on Steam and never had to log in to an Xbox account.

Of all the single player games I've played on PC, the only one I can think of that wanted me to log in was Mirrors Edge Catalyst. And that's just one game out of countless I've played on PC.

The only bad decision here was Sony not having invested money since the first PC game to have mandatory PSN login.

Now they are facing some hating but it is essential to their business goals to mandatory PSN login to all PC games.

That will be even more crucial when they expand the PlayStation ecosystem on PC.
PSN sign in for single player games makes no sense, these game needs proper DRM. Denuvo stops the game from being pirated but you can still play it offline as long as the game is installed.

Reactions: Entropi

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
MS single player games don't require a log in...I've played HiFi Rush and Pentiment on Steam and never had to log in to an Xbox account.
Isn't it required on the Halo MCC Collection? I know that has multiplayer functionality but you can just play the campaigns singleplayer. It really shouldnt.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Isn't it required on the Halo MCC Collection? I know that has multiplayer functionality but you can just play the campaigns singleplayer. It really shouldnt.
even with single player campaigns, those titles still have a huge online component so it makes sense...Ragnarok, like HiFi Rush, is a strictly single player game

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I understand and think it is the only way to put games on PC 🤷‍♂️

After this is a PlayStation game… so not more fair that you have to log into a PlayStation account to play it.

It’s a Playstation game. Every other publisher does it but Playstation can’t?

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
It's an astroturfing campaign. An account for each publisher fine but now way Sony requires you to have one of theirs too. Shills like that wouldn't even buy the game. Good riddance.
Sony deserves it, they shouldn't have released their games on Steam in the first place

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023

Of all the single player games I've played on PC, the only one I can think of that wanted me to log in was Mirrors Edge Catalyst. And that's just one game out of countless I've played on PC.

PSN sign in for single player games makes no sense, these game needs proper DRM. Denuvo stops the game from being pirated but you can still play it offline as long as the game is installed.
they should invest heavly on DRM for PC titles

• thisistheway
Reactions: Neversummer

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They should use the launch the moment to announce another GoW game to PS5 late this year.
What they may announce later this year is the SSM new IP.

If they started it late 2018 / early 2019 shouldn't be far from release and could be announced in any moment. I'd bet that in the TGS focused September State of Play.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Every other publisher does it
do you actually believe this
Because the only way I could see someone believing this is if their video game tastes are so small and narrow they've only bought a select portion of AAA releases from big name western devs on PC

Do I need to bring up that steam library screenshot of games in my library again to prove how rare logins and external launchers for singleplayer games are

Last edited:
Reactions: Systemshock2023

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
do you actually believe this
Because the only way I could see someone believing this is if their video game tastes are so small and narrow they've only bought a select portion of AAA releases from big name western devs on PC

Do I need to bring up that steam library screenshot of games in my library again to prove how rare logins and external launchers for singleplayer games are
Do you mean indie library?

I mean not being harsh here but small / medium developers doesn't do it because they can't maintain the costs for a infrastructure of accounts to be used in their games... it is not easy to maintain servers and developer front and back ends to PSN Account, Capcom Id, uPlay Account, EA Account, Xbox Account, etc.

But look at the big Publishers? Most them day use Account requirements to their games.
Sony is not a small / mid publisher.

It is a big one that has the power to maintain it own account system... so why their games should not use it? Because some weird Steam users are afraid of create a less than 30 seconds account?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I made a fast check with the single-player games from big publishers....

EA's Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition - Requires EA Account.
Ubisoft's Prince of Persia The Lost Crown - Requires uPlay Account.
Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto V - Requires Rockstar Account.
Microsoft's Forza Motorsport - Requires Xbox Account.
Blizzard's Diablo IV - Requires Battle.net Account.
Capcom's Street Fighter VI - Requires Capcom ID.

Reactions: Johnic

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto V - Requires Rockstar Account.
Microsoft's Forza Motorsport - Requires Xbox Account.
Blizzard's Diablo IV - Requires Battle.net Account.
Capcom's Street Fighter VI - Requires Capcom ID.

All of them have MP, Diablo is even online-only. Not the best examples for proving your point.