God Of War Ragnarok is PS worst AAA performing PC port only cracking a peak of below 30K (Mega Flop)

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
https://steamdb.info/app/2322010/charts/

Important notice is that there’s literally nothing to play on PC outside deadlock there’s nothing exciting + ff16 flopped on PC. Also GOW ragnarok on PC is reviewed bomb w a 60% PS diminishing there prestige games/ip for crumbs. GOW ragnarok was also crack/pirated in the first day.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this pc port even crack 200K-300K sells. It’s pretty clear the novelty of PS singleplayer going to PC has diminish, the notion of PS singleplayer tenpole being prestiges game on consoles now with PC players having a taste they either don’t care & are playing there multiplayer game or PC players just don’t have a interested to play PS games on PC.

It’s selling 100K-300K top really worth making all of the diminishment to multiple sectors in the PS business? Your harming your full potential maximization on the console front where you get 100% of the profits & selling 10, 15, 20+ million on consoles alone to diminish that for only a couple hundreds what exactly is PS consoles owners & the PS business itself really gaining from this? The positives don’t outweigh the negatives.

I fully expect those Horizon remaster & Days gone remaster to do triple aluminum on PC & even console with PS gamers mad it’s another remaster/remake being wasted on unnecessary games + PS gamers bashing those remaster being day n date on PC. I expect the downward trend to continue with Fairgames & Spider-Man 2 PC port which SM2 will sell less then the previous SM PC port & maybe do less then GOW ragnarok.

Not to mention in the meantime PS diminish itself both Nintendo & Steam are double downing on there own platform, storefront & hardware.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Returnal had like 6k.... and is a way better game

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I felt it in my plumbs
Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

24 Jun 2022
Jumping the gun like that embarrassing ff16 concurrent thread.

Nah this one might have a bit more merit; GOWR is a bigger game than XVI and the first game hit over 73K on its launch. It also had a much higher user review score. GOWR will probably peak at ~ 35K, less than half of 2018, and it's realistic to estimate it'll at most probably do half of 2018's sales on Steam. But, could come in lower.

This audience is extremely hostile towards SIE's games; the reception is going down, not up. And SIE are just stupid enough to continue bending backwards to try reaching this crowd, even if it means further constricting their own console customer base. They've made some irrational business decisions from time to time throughout gaming sure, but some of the ones they've been doing with PS5 have been the most egregious and most idiotic, and will have negative ramifications for future systems like PS6.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
1 - Virtually no marketing for the port.

2 - PSN validation required for a single player game led to mass negative reviews.

3 - Dialog was sweet baby inc'd and is objectively worse than GoW 2018
3 - yep. I noticed right away when playing it on release. Angrboda, ironwood, kratos being too soft. Such a shame.
2018 game is just way better

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Nah this one might have a bit more merit; GOWR is a bigger game than XVI and the first game hit over 73K on its launch. It also had a much higher user review score. GOWR will probably peak at ~ 35K, less than half of 2018, and it's realistic to estimate it'll at most probably do half of 2018's sales on Steam. But, could come in lower.

This audience is extremely hostile towards SIE's games; the reception is going down, not up. And SIE are just stupid enough to continue bending backwards to try reaching this crowd, even if it means further constricting their own console customer base. They've made some irrational business decisions from time to time throughout gaming sure, but some of the ones they've been doing with PS5 have been the most egregious and most idiotic, and will have negative ramifications for future systems like PS6.

I agree that it won’t make as big of a splash as the first game but it’s still jumping the gun when peak for the day could be 12 hours from now and will likely be surpassed again tomorrow. Same kinda goes for ff16 for this weekend as well.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Its funny how PS doesnt like to make a little bit of money on some things, but 100k sales at 70% rips on at launch discounted games to PC is in full throttle for them

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Which dialogue? The only thing that's wrong with it is the fact it sounds like modern characters talking.
Exactly. Mimir saying "I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, lad" at some point really took me out for a bit.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Exactly. Mimir saying "I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, lad" at some point really took me out for a bit.
I didn't mean modern in the sense of it being woke. I meant it sounds like a modern person talking. Odin using "ex" and the like. I was half expecting him to drop a "fam" and "bruh" in there. It didn't feel like a "ye olde" setting like the first game. I also don't remember Atreus' and Angrboda's dialogue, other than it sounding like two teens in 2024 talking about shit. Only did one playthrough of it so I don't really remember much.

Overall found the game's story MUCH weaker than the first game and the horrible dialogue is just a part of it.

Reactions: Systemshock2023