God Of War Ragnarok is PS worst AAA performing PC port only cracking a peak of below 30K (Mega Flop)

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I didn't mean modern in the sense of it being woke. I meant it sounds like a modern person talking. Odin using "ex" and the like. I was half expecting him to drop a "fam" and "bruh" in there. It didn't feel like a "ye olde" setting like the first game. I also don't remember Atreus' and Angrboda's dialogue, other than it sounding like two teens in 2024 talking about shit. Only did one playthrough of it so I don't really remember much.

Overall found the game's story MUCH weaker than the first game and the horrible dialogue is just a part of it.
You don't remember Angroboda's chapter because that shit was long and boring.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
https://steamdb.info/app/2322010/charts/

Important notice is that there’s literally nothing to play on PC outside deadlock there’s nothing exciting + ff16 flopped on PC. Also GOW ragnarok on PC is reviewed bomb w a 60% PS diminishing there prestige games/ip for crumbs. GOW ragnarok was also crack/pirated in the first day.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this pc port even crack 200K-300K sells. It’s pretty clear the novelty of PS singleplayer going to PC has diminish, the notion of PS singleplayer tenpole being prestiges game on consoles now with PC players having a taste they either don’t care & are playing there multiplayer game or PC players just don’t have a interested to play PS games on PC.

It’s selling 100K-300K top really worth making all of the diminishment to multiple sectors in the PS business? Your harming your full potential maximization on the console front where you get 100% of the profits & selling 10, 15, 20+ million on consoles alone to diminish that for only a couple hundreds what exactly is PS consoles owners & the PS business itself really gaining from this? The positives don’t outweigh the negatives.

I fully expect those Horizon remaster & Days gone remaster to do triple aluminum on PC & even console with PS gamers mad it’s another remaster/remake being wasted on unnecessary games + PS gamers bashing those remaster being day n date on PC. I expect the downward trend to continue with Fairgames & Spider-Man 2 PC port which SM2 will sell less then the previous SM PC port & maybe do less then GOW ragnarok.

Not to mention in the meantime PS diminish itself both Nintendo & Steam are double downing on there own platform, storefront & hardware.

How is Steam doubling down on its platform? They barely release games.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020
will ferrell hbo GIF

• Cerny
Reactions: rofif

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Imagine losing a selling point for your platform and for your PS5 Pro for these garbage sales. Indies like Frostpunk (Day 1 on GP) is selling double your AAA exclusive. Hermen and the whole Sony management needs to go.

Operation Destroy The Brand in full effect. PlayStation is damaged beyond repair after the last 2 weeks. Endless bad news after Astrobot. A smear campaign and it's all self-inflicted.

Let's wait for sales. It'll sell like shit but all this CCU obsession is ridiculous.
The first had 73k CCU peak and it sold 971k after 3 months. Why do you all act like CCU is meaningless? This is stupid damage control. We have official numbers from Sony.

31k CCU is similar to Day Gone and that one sold 852k after a year. GOWR will be higher but it will struggle to reach 300k in the launch window. AWFUL. This is the most well-known PS IP in the mainstream.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
2 Years of development sounds long and expensive for a port.
2 years that could’ve been put into older PS games brought & ported to modern PS consoles with either a remaster or remake.

inFAMOUS 1&2 remake
GOW 1-3 trilogy remake
Ratchet & Clank trilogy remake that are stuck on PS3
Resistance remake
Ape escape trilogy remake
Wild arms trilogy remake

I mean I can keep going. All of those can be sold at $70 bolstering & helping it sell PS5 to existing & a new audience. Taking 100% of the profits seeking all the growth & helping PS become more competitive against Nintendo/Steam. More games to promote = more PS hardware promotional trailers (target new consumers by diversifying PS output/lineup)

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
How is Steam doubling down on its platform? They barely release games.
They release deadlock that’s exclusive to the steam/steamdeck. Note Valve/Steam allowed streamers to stream deadlock the same day Concord release, Valve/Steam competes w PS & vise versa & it’s clear Valve/Steam has no issue stifling PS releases if it makes them look like the consumer friendly brand (Helldivers 2 fiasco)

There’s also rumor of Valve/Steam making a new Half Lyfe presumably HL3 aswell as a new HL VR both that won’t go to PS consoles or PSVR & I expect Valve/Steam to rampant there output cadence now that they have a console & there platform having both Xbox & PS games + the benefits of PC. I wouldn’t be surprised if in the next 5-10 years we see a Left 4 dead 3 & a Team Fortress 3 to further make Valve/Steam/Steamdeck the default/defacto platform to games which there doing a great job.

In the meantime w the PS5 gen PS has done a complete 180 to diminish the PS platform, PS storefront & PS hardware by focusing on PC instead of focusing on bringing more games to PS. See Nintendo understands the importance of having as many 3rd party on there platform. Nintendo bought a port studio not to port games to competitors platform but to bring more 3rd (likely day n date but in some cases at a much faster cadence then previous gen) it would be embarrassing if Nintendo started getting notable 3rd party that skips PS & instead releases on Switch 2 because Nintendo put more effort & bolstering there platform/storefront.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
So, we had the weekend peak that people told us to wait for. It's 31606.
The game is estimated to sell 120k so far and will probably sell 500k. That's $25 million for Sony who probably spent less than $5million to port the game. I believe Microsoft would pay $25m to have the game on Gamepass. I recommend Hulst to go ahead and accept the gamepass deal. Don't leave money on the table. AAA cost alot of money. AAA exclusives are not sustainable.
Also, consider Switch 2 port. The game might also sell 500k on it. That another $25million. Not sure what Sony is waiting for. Expand your audience, make more money.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
They release deadlock that’s exclusive to the steam/steamdeck. Note Valve/Steam allowed streamers to stream deadlock the same day Concord release, Valve/Steam competes w PS & vise versa & it’s clear Valve/Steam has no issue stifling PS releases if it makes them look like the consumer friendly brand (Helldivers 2 fiasco)

There’s also rumor of Valve/Steam making a new Half Lyfe presumably HL3 aswell as a new HL VR both that won’t go to PS consoles or PSVR & I expect Valve/Steam to rampant there output cadence now that they have a console & there platform having both Xbox & PS games + the benefits of PC. I wouldn’t be surprised if in the next 5-10 years we see a Left 4 dead 3 & a Team Fortress 3 to further make Valve/Steam/Steamdeck the default/defacto platform to games which there doing a great job.

In the meantime w the PS5 gen PS has done a complete 180 to diminish the PS platform, PS storefront & PS hardware by focusing on PC instead of focusing on bringing more games to PS. See Nintendo understands the importance of having as many 3rd party on there platform. Nintendo bought a port studio not to port games to competitors platform but to bring more 3rd (likely day n date but in some cases at a much faster cadence then previous gen) it would be embarrassing if Nintendo started getting notable 3rd party that skips PS & instead releases on Switch 2 because Nintendo put more effort & bolstering there platform/storefront.

Great, one game and a bunch of rumors. You still believe in HL3? lol.

Valve has released 7 games total in the last 10 years.

That's nothing.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Steam users killed Concord.
Now they will try to kill others PS games.
Concord was just a run-of-the-mill hero shooter and the "anti-woke" crowd led a smear campaign on the game because of "woke" developers and whining about "dei" because they don't understand what they're talking about. It had several things against it from the get go. It wasn't much better if at all than Overwatch 2 and OW2 is free compared to the $40 price tag Concord had.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
🤣 They are only hardcore at trashing consoles, then when console game comes to their PC, it turns out they have outdated 4GB graphics cards.
the error was a bug, not a limitation of the hardware. You can actually play it on 4GB cards (fixed now officially)

and where do you see "they" have 4GB cards? Is it something you made up? Do you know what every PC gamer has or something? Even the Steam Hardware Survey isn't a good indicator because it's opt-in, not opt-out.