God of War Ragnarok sold over 11 million copies!

TwistedSyn

10 Jul 2022
Remember when EA said single player games were dead?

I remember
Can't remember who said that but, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Andrew Wilson the CEO of EA now. The dude that was responsible for FIFA Ultima Team and ruining anything EA for a while. Until people finally lashed out on them. They look like they are finally (hopefully) listening. NFS Unbound and Dead Space Remake have been a good start but, for me they still have a long way to go.

Anyways congrats to SSM on this monumental achievement. Can't wait for Cory's project to finally be shown.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Well deserved. Played it through 2 times. One time regular difficulty for the review and the 2nd time on Give Me God of War and killing every boss without getting hit once - the most fun fight was the 2 valkyrie sisters and Heimdall. I kind of wish Thor would have lived though :/

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m glad it was god of war to set new records. Well deserved.

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well deserved. It's also funny to see than in less than 3 months it sold more than GoW 2018 did in a year.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Well deserved. It's also funny to see than in less than 3 months it sold more than GoW 2018 did in a year.
Well, don't forget that Ragnarok was also on PS5. By the time 2022 rolled around more people also had the PS4s and more people got the PS5s after the 2020 launch. It's being sold on 2 platforms versus 1, so if you combine together it makes sense.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
not sure, why it's take so long to announce it? he is working on it for years now.
Cause pre production takes years. It probably started production in a limited capacity for awhile ago but would have only fully ramped up when Ragnarok was done

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Remember when EA said single player games were dead?

I remember
In a sense the focus of much of the industry is GaaS because companies make more money on service type games that sell tons of "extras" inside the game itself.

Single player AAA is still present, but this is no longer the bread and butter of the industry.