God of War trilogy may get a remaster (Rumour)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Remaster or remake.
Seems like alot of people still dont know the difference...

I dont know what the hell Sony is doing anymore

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Remaster or remake.
Seems like alot of people still dont know the difference...

I dont know what the hell Sony is doing anymore
Lol It’s worked for Nintendo for decades. I know PS doesn;t have the iconic IPs that Nintendo has, but people would buy this.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well, I think it was weird to release GoW 2018 on PC without releasing the previous one before. In the same way that it was weird to release there U4 without releasing the Nathan trilogy before. I also think that having upcoming movie/tv shows adaptations coming is a good opportunity to release them at the same time to crosspromote both products.

Nowadays the main games take a ton of years to be developed, so they use smaller projects to fill the gaps in the calendar. Sometimes smaller spinoff games, sometimes remasters or remakes.

So yes, at some point they will ran out of ideas, as happens with the list of old PC ports to be released, and they'll decide to make a PS5+PC remaster of the GoW and Uncharted trilogy. This or to remake them one by one.

I think Nick didn't hear a shit and as usual he's lying, just trying to throw as leak a personal guess. But I totally see it happening.

Such a waste of resources lol. There's other stuff they can remaster like:

Uncharted 3 Multiplayer 🤯
Infamous collection
Resistance trilogy
Motorstorm Collection
Killzone 2 with Multiplayer support (Warzone Is greatness we don't have today)
GoW sells way better than these series, and people is playing the GoW remasters in PS+. I think only an Uncharted 1 remake or Nathan Drake Trilogy remastered would match the performance of a GoW 1 remake or GoW Trilogy remastered and sell decently.

Probably wouldn't sell a shit, but I'd love to get Motorstorm, Killzone, Wipeout collections.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
How is it a waste? 3 doesn’t need a remaster, but the original 2 are some of the best games ever. It’s a bigger need than TLOUP1 and P2 that’s for sure.
Wouldn't be a bigger need if they'd simply remaster the PS3 God of War: Collection which should have happened long ago.

Personally don't see the point in bringing back the Greek storyline back to the forefront at this point ... But it's all about money anyways so eh

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well, I think it was weird to release GoW 2018 on PC without releasing the previous one before. In the same way that it was weird to release there U4 without releasing the Nathan trilogy before. I also think that having upcoming movie/tv shows adaptations coming is a good opportunity to release them at the same time to crosspromote both products.

Nowadays the main games take a ton of years to be developed, so they use smaller projects to fill the gaps in the calendar. Sometimes smaller spinoff games, sometimes remasters or remakes.

So yes, at some point they will ran out of ideas, as happens with the list of old PC ports to be released, and they'll decide to make a PS5+PC remaster of the GoW and Uncharted trilogy. This or to remake them one by one.

I think Nick didn't hear a shit and as usual he's lying, just trying to throw as leak a personal guess. But I totally see it happening.

GoW sells way better than these series, and people is playing the GoW remasters in PS+. I think only an Uncharted 1 remake or Nathan Drake Trilogy remastered would match the performance of a GoW 1 remake or GoW Trilogy remastered and sell decently.

Probably wouldn't sell a shit, but I'd love to get Motorstorm, Killzone, Wipeout collections.
We don't need a god of war 1 remake lol.. And obviously the commercial viability of God of War was never in question.... But excuse me for wanting to play older games that's been buried instead of the same games That's already been remastered before

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Lol It’s worked for Nintendo for decades. I know PS doesn;t have the iconic IPs that Nintendo has, but people would buy this.
Id buy a remake for sure.
But I just wish they brought back other series too

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Grain of salt because he is an Xbox fanboy, he enjoys seeing PS fans eagerly wait for something that will never come.

Reactions: Umar and kuzon

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Id buy a remake for sure.
But I just wish they brought back other series too
Exactly!! The PS3 remaster of all the games except GOW 3 exists. Have Nixxies port them over. I'd seriously take other older trilogies at this point.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
They need to remaster the whole Greek saga, including the PSP games and Ascension.
Agreed, lots of people played the new games but want to play the old games.

They were too young or not into gaming at the time.

Gaming has grown a lot and so has the GOW franchise.

It would be nice to update them and be able to put them all in a collection.

kuzon

23 Jun 2023
I think they should remaster Infamous, Killzone and Motorstorm. They would sell loads even if the IP isn't as popular as GOW Should be easy to do, since they port to PC like anything these days...

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
It’s not playable on modern consoles (or pc), it’s also very ugly and dated. I wanted this for a long time and hope it’s real
All 3 have re-released on PS4, you can play the HD versions in back compat on PS5 thru PSnow

24 Jun 2022

I am excited if true

Quote from Comments
"One of Insomniac leaks says GoW is the most played trilogy in classics catalogue. This makes a lot of sense."

It's Shpeshal Nick, one of the most obnoxious Xbox fanboys on the internet. Who has already been wrong NUMEROUS times last year alone regarding PlayStation stuff.

Stop listening to this fanatic, people. He's just trying to gas up PlayStation fans, he did the same thing last time some unfortunate news PS-wise came out (like the lackluster May Showcase). This rumor's most likely 99% false.