Google may be broken up, could Sony pick up something interesting in the fallout?

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The only thing Sony can afford is losers like bungie etc.... This one will be for the big boys if it happens not minnows like Sony
Lol I dont know why you hate Bungie so much. They basically made good game for like 20 years. They might not be your type but losers, nah

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Id rather youtube remain independent or someone like Musk who emphasizes free speech get it. Either way i doubt the US actually goes through with this.
This is the most insane sentence I saw today.
Musk and Free speech? what are you ever talking about lol.
Musk is an idiot
edit: lol replaced wrote with saw. What a typo :p

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Lol I dont know why you hate Bungie so much. They basically made good game for like 20 years. They might not be your type but losers, nah
Their games have nothing to do with this, they lied about their financials and scammed 3 billion dollars, They are worth 500 million at the best of times. The people working their have 0 integrity from top to bottom, they hire degenerate lunatics, their holier than thou attitude while nickle and diming customers is vomit inducing, they pander to one side and expect the other side to be obedient sheep

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
It's hard to imagine to see America breaking up big Tech. They would need to trimm down all Trillion-dollar corporations: Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Apple.
They will never do it, it doesn't suit the Imperialist regime of the US.

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
No chance the US will allow any Chinese companies to buy anything from Google. Literally none. And the DOJ is bluffing, can't break up Google. Too important to the country. Same with Microsoft.
But they can buy stock, like they did with ubisoft.

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
They could buy Stadia and finally have a real console

Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
It's crazy and unfair how Apple and Google always gets threatened by every country, including USA, but Microsoft is bigger than both and they get no scrutiny at all.

Windows, AI, Cloud and Xbox should all be independent.

This is partly why them playing the victim during the ABK stuff pissed me off so much and eroded most of the goodwill Xbox had with me at the time. It just kept getting worst and worst, and the worst was seeing no-name idiots shilling for them as if the narrative were true.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Their games have nothing to do with this, they lied about their financials and scammed 3 billion dollars, They are worth 500 million at the best of times. The people working their have 0 integrity from top to bottom, they hire degenerate lunatics, their holier than thou attitude while nickle and diming customers is vomit inducing, they pander to one side and expect the other side to be obedient sheep

At the end of the day I play there games. Im not Sony so I didnt take the hit. Not my pocket. And they are probably worth more than 500 million.
Sony will get theirs and they already absorbed one of their projects. As a Destiny fan I paid for DLC and thats it. The content was great, not perfect. I dont know what side they are pandering or not

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It's crazy and unfair how Apple and Google always gets threatened by every country, including USA, but Microsoft is bigger than both and they get no scrutiny at all.

Windows, AI, Cloud and Xbox should all be independent.

The likes who threaten Apple and Google etc, have been in bed with Microsoft/Windows from its early beginnings. Very little times compared to the amount of BS MS and Bill Gates got away with

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

RE4-City

4 Resident Evil
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
To be quite honest this actually scares me if youtube were to actually branch off from Google for one big reason.
YouTube itself is not very profitable!

YouTube losing the backing of Google might be the end of it and while some people might like that, I think we all take for granted just how useful YouTube is for all of us. Before YouTube it wasn't very easy to find videos online and had it not been for some paypal employees getting mad they couldn't see Janet Jackson's Wardrobe malfunction at the 2004 Superbowl online, Youtube might of never been created. It cost an insane amount of money to keep YouTube going because they let anyone and anytime practically upload what ever they want despite file size and length and all that date needs to be transferred between multiple data centers to help sending videos to anywhere in the world faster.

If YouTube goes down, you can bet what ever other site takes it's place will most likely charge for you to upload to stay profitable

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters