Gotham Knights | NEW : REVIEWS are IN

OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Good, I hope it continues to sell. Reedit/Discord is a cluster fuck of (BUT MY 60FPS)
But people are enjoying this game and saying reviews got it wrong... Not surprised.

I hope they support this game for a while with some more story DLC.
Enjoy it a lot. It would have been more enjoyable if it ran 30fps locked.
Yeah, there should be more SP DLC, like with cat.
Gonna check that multiplayer mode in November.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
Staff member
1 Jul 2022
Enjoy it a lot. It would have been more enjoyable if it ran 30fps locked.
Yeah, there should be more SP DLC, like with cat.
Gonna check that multiplayer mode in November.

I love the game honestly. It's one of my favorite this year.
Just the performance needs to be sorted.

Reactions: Katajx

Katajx

8 Jul 2022
Played through it mostly solo and I actually had a lot of fun with it. Almost through it again on NG+.

I’m enjoying it for what it is. Not it not being an Arkham game. One of the few games I think looks better in HDR as well.

I’ll admit It’s not perfect, and I have a few some complaints. They have some pretty good ideas here, but the execution could use some work. I feel like there is an asset streaming issue and it affects people’s complaints about the traversal.

This is probably my favorite version of Gotham. I like the use of color and lighting in general. I like the areas and building you can explore while you are patrolling. The inside locations for the story missions. I haven’t completed the other villain stories yet. The story was interesting to me even being disappointed with the ending.

The combat is more fun than I expected for it being a little slower than I had hoped. The dodge feels good and I was honestly getting tired of the counter mechanic from the Arkham games. Trying to perfect dodge instead of spam roll feels good. I do wish there was a little more variety on the “perfect attack” that comes afterward though.

Grab strikes, stealth and ambush attacks, and team up attacks feel and look good for the most part. The combos aren’t bad,and you can pull off a decent amount of moves and animations for mostly using one melee button. I do struggle at times with the timed strikes though.

I definitely don’t think it’s on quite on par with the big dogs like Sony Santa Monica or Insomniac, but I can’t personally imagine this game being less than an 8/10 for me even with the games issues.