(Grain of Salt) Market Share and Profitability by Major Gaming Company in the US (Broad) - IBISWorld

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Something's not right with that research because MS is still 3rd place even after the ABK acquisition. That's gaming revenue. Tencent i still first, followed by Sony. Their purchase only managed to put them ahead of Nintendo.
Wasn't one of MS main arguments downplaying the abk deal is that they would still be behind ps after the deal?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic
24 Jun 2022
I don't get why you're posting this. You can tell it's bogus right off the jump considering Sony's FY revenue for Q1-Q3 is almost 2/3rds less than the previous FY revenue, despite having more PS5 stock, which would contribute towards the revenue. And they wouldn't suddenly do ~ $20 billion in revenue for Q4 FY '23.

Isn't r/Nintendo a known anti-PlayStation spot? A lot of Nintendo fanboys with a stick up their ass over PlayStation from the '90s and '00s latch onto Xbox to attack Sony by proxy, this is evident for years now. You can see it on places like ResetERA too with posters like fiendcode. Microsoft has never had annual gaming profits higher than Nintendo, so where do they suddenly leap ahead 4:1 with depleting Xbox hardware sales, stagnant Game Pass subs and financial flops like RedFall?

The group that did this report, I've not even really heard of them and they don't seem reputable. If they claim to be, running with this report has ruined what credibility they ever had, IMO.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I don't get why you're posting this. You can tell it's bogus right off the jump considering Sony's FY revenue for Q1-Q3 is almost 2/3rds less than the previous FY revenue, despite having more PS5 stock, which would contribute towards the revenue. And they wouldn't suddenly do ~ $20 billion in revenue for Q4 FY '23.

Isn't r/Nintendo a known anti-PlayStation spot? A lot of Nintendo fanboys with a stick up their ass over PlayStation from the '90s and '00s latch onto Xbox to attack Sony by proxy, this is evident for years now. You can see it on places like ResetERA too with posters like fiendcode. Microsoft has never had annual gaming profits higher than Nintendo, so where do they suddenly leap ahead 4:1 with depleting Xbox hardware sales, stagnant Game Pass subs and financial flops like RedFall?

The group that did this report, I've not even really heard of them and they don't seem reputable. If they claim to be, running with this report has ruined what credibility they ever had, IMO.
Seems like there's a mix on there. Could be that particular thread is being brigaded by Xbox fanboys, but I've seen other threads on r/Nintendo where they were clearly against MS gobbling up multiple publishers.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Posting because I don't know if it's bs, only felt it was. The person also has official pdfs if you supposedly ask. Great for posters to sound off on it and call the bs. I will archive though as I think it has run its course.

Btw this is on multiple rediits not just on Nintendo reddit! The person placed it it seems in each console reddit but I think he might be an Xbox fanboy. Who knows.

Just because "we think" or don't like "some data" doesn't mean it won't get posted. If someone evidently refutes it and brings the inconsistencies to light than it's all good.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Seems like there's a mix on there. Could be that particular thread is being brigaded by Xbox fanboys, but I've seen other threads on r/Nintendo where they were clearly against MS gobbling up multiple publishers.
This info was posted on several diff hardware reddit by the same poster. I actually found it on Xbox reddit first.