Graphics Analysis : Returnal vs. The Medium [Head-to-Head]

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

You might find my comment strange, but viewing my Returnal gameplay videos on youtube on my PC the 3D audio is much stronger than when I'm actually playing on PS5. I think there is something needs to be done right there as all that information is recorded but not felt on PS5. It's amazing but I really get shocked when I view my gameplay on my PC with just stereo headphones or the Pulse 3D itself.

----------------------

Amazing breakdown, I think the similarity here is that both have been pushed down to 1080p, and these highlight why so. Impressive work, @VFX_Veteran !
Thank you sir!

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
You might find my comment strange, but viewing my Returnal gameplay videos on youtube on my PC the 3D audio is much stronger than when I'm actually playing on PS5. I think there is something needs to be done right there as all that information is recorded but not felt on PS5. It's amazing but I really get shocked when I view my gameplay on my PC with just stereo headphones or the Pulse 3D itself.

----------------------

Amazing breakdown, I think the similarity here is that both have been pushed down to 1080p, and these highlight why so. Impressive work, @VFX_Veteran !
Really?
I find the returnal videos on pc having this strange wobbly sound. Like if the 3d recording got clamped.
It sounds really good on pulse 3d on ps5. Maybe a bit more muddy than other games with 3d audio. Uncharted 4 sounds more clear maybe but I like Returnal effect a bit more I think... I've not played in some time

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Really?
I find the returnal videos on pc having this strange wobbly sound. Like if the 3d recording got clamped.
It sounds really good on pulse 3d on ps5. Maybe a bit more muddy than other games with 3d audio. Uncharted 4 sounds more clear maybe but I like Returnal effect a bit more I think... I've not played in some time

All of them on PC sound better, but my headphones are connected to 3.5mm jack from Sony XD70 tv with the PC connecting to it via HDMI 2.0. If I plug the headphones into the PC directly everything sounds like garbage.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Test this, it sounds glorious to me, much better than when playing it:

I just listened a bit with pulse 3d (dongle on pc) and it sounds great.
Not sure if it sounds different than on a console. I would need to compare later. Sounds... cleaner than from my memory
I don't see much of a reason why should it sound different. What profile you are using? I use eq default and 3d middle setting.
edit: And when checked with speakers, it sounds clean too compared to other returnal recordings Ive seen some time ago.
Maybe 3d is disabled when recording ?

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
I just listened a bit with pulse 3d (dongle on pc) and it sounds great.
Not sure if it sounds different than on a console. I would need to compare later. Sounds... cleaner than from my memory
I don't see much of a reason why should it sound different. What profile you are using? I use eq default and 3d middle setting.
edit: And when checked with speakers, it sounds clean too compared to other returnal recordings Ive seen some time ago.
Maybe 3d is disabled when recording ?

I didn't do anything magical, the EQ is on default and just pressed record. When playing the locality isn't as clear as the video on youtube, not sure why.