Halo Infinite's Time is up......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Recently Act man has put out a video about the state of halo's current season and it's last recent event like Alpha Pack:

I think the guy is right, and I think Infinite's days are numbered. What ever Campaign DLC they have planned might be spun off to be its own thing to slowly distance themselves from Infinite.

What do you guy's think?

Do you think 10 year plan is still a go?

Or do you think Infinite is on life support until Joe's project either it be a relaunch of Infinite through a expansion, or possibly spun into its own title?

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Recently Act man has put out a video about the state of halo's current season and it's last recent event like Alpha Pack:

I think the guy is right, and I think Infinite's days are numbered. What ever Campaign DLC they have planned might be spun off to be its own thing to slowly distance themselves from Infinite.

What do you guy's think?

Do you think 10 year plan is still a go?

Or do you think Infinite is on life support until Joe's project either it be a relaunch of Infinite through a expansion, or possibly spun into its own title?
Season 2 gave it a miniscule bump in users, now it's stone dead.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
It'll be fine, they just need to do a massive content push and get that Battle Royale mode in. As someone who absolutely loves this game I'm not in the least bit concerned.

In terms of the campaign there's nothing to be worried about, they completely nailed that side of the game.

Reactions: Kokoloko
4 Aug 2022
Its insane the mismanagement of this product. They will need a massive push to ever get this back to launch numbers. I can't see anyway this ever peaks above its ATH at this point.

• brain
Reactions: Sircaw
P

peter42O

I could write a book but no point. All im going to say is that as someone who's not into the MP for Halo Infinite, I don't care whatsoever but Mr. Matty Plays said a few weeks ago in regards to Halo Infinite that Forge is a mode where players can create maps and game modes to play. Now, if this is true, I don't understand the thinking at 343 in delaying this mode. In my mind, this mode should have been the number one priority because if you're behind in releasing your own developed content, the next best option would be to release a mode that allows players to create and customize their own which would keep them playing the game.

As for me personally, I only care about the campaign expansions. At this point, they would be better off just developing Halo Infinite (insert sub name for the expansion) as a standalone product and moving on from their ten year plan. Why 343 ever thought that a ten year plan was a smart idea when they couldn't even finish the game for the original launch and barely if at all, have a one year plan for the game since everything seems to get pushed back/delayed repeatedly.

If it was up to me, Bonnie Ross would be gone, Staten would be the new studio head, I would end support for the Xbox One versions and I would dump the Slip Space engine and go with Unreal Engine 5 mainly because if you hire people for 6 months, by the time they learn this fucking engine, they'll be walking out the door. With UE 5, vast majority of those hired would already know the engine and have experience which in turn, means they don't have to waste time learning the Slip Space engine.

Damn. I am starting to write a book. The entire situation around 343 Industries and Halo IP is a clusterfuck in my opinion. On a side note, once the ABK deal closes, Microsoft should buy Certain Affinity who's rumored to be working on a Battle Royale mode for Halo Infinite and have been partners before on previous Halo games and 343 needs all the fucking help it can get.

azertydu91

4 Jul 2022
I could write a book but no point. All im going to say is that as someone who's not into the MP for Halo Infinite, I don't care whatsoever but Mr. Matty Plays said a few weeks ago in regards to Halo Infinite that Forge is a mode where players can create maps and game modes to play. Now, if this is true, I don't understand the thinking at 343 in delaying this mode. In my mind, this mode should have been the number one priority because if you're behind in releasing your own developed content, the next best option would be to release a mode that allows players to create and customize their own which would keep them playing the game.

As for me personally, I only care about the campaign expansions. At this point, they would be better off just developing Halo Infinite (insert sub name for the expansion) as a standalone product and moving on from their ten year plan. Why 343 ever thought that a ten year plan was a smart idea when they couldn't even finish the game for the original launch and barely if at all, have a one year plan for the game since everything seems to get pushed back/delayed repeatedly.

If it was up to me, Bonnie Ross would be gone, Staten would be the new studio head, I would end support for the Xbox One versions and I would dump the Slip Space engine and go with Unreal Engine 5 mainly because if you hire people for 6 months, by the time they learn this fucking engine, they'll be walking out the door. With UE 5, vast majority of those hired would already know the engine and have experience which in turn, means they don't have to waste time learning the Slip Space engine.

Damn. I am starting to write a book. The entire situation around 343 Industries and Halo IP is a clusterfuck in my opinion. On a side note, once the ABK deal closes, Microsoft should buy Certain Affinity who's rumored to be working on a Battle Royale mode for Halo Infinite and have been partners before on previous Halo games and 343 needs all the fucking help it can get.
You make interesting points especially about the forge mode, I also think it would've greatly helped with their slow release of maps.

Themaskedcrag

Cunning Linguist
13 Jul 2022

Agreed Forge should have been much more of a priority for them, as it would make a huge improvement to a game which is starved of content. To me it just shows those in charge did not understand what Halo was to people.

Reactions: Sircaw and peter42O

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022

The sad thing is they are clearly talented developers and capable of making an amazing game both functionally and in story, it's just getting to that point is so uncohesive and mismanaged it's insane.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
GAAS games can come back from the dead with content updates.. I mean it's F2P so anyone can just jump back in.

They have Certain Affinity working on the game and the big rumor is a battle royale mode or some unique spin on it.

Obviously a lot of competition but something like that or a future content update can get users back into the game.

4 Aug 2022
GAAS games can come back from the dead with content updates.. I mean it's F2P so anyone can just jump back in.

They have Certain Affinity working on the game and the big rumor is a battle royale mode or some unique spin on it.

Obviously a lot of competition but something like that or a future content update can get users back into the game.

The Battle Royale aspect is a ways off still.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Using it as a talking point isn't wise is all I was saying considering they can't even get the basic season 2 content out on time.
I'm not sure why it can't be a talking point.. unless they cancel the game and that BR mode, it's a potential factor in prolonging the life of Halo Infinite or it having a comeback whenever that may be.

Yes they also need to get their season's on track, not arguing otherwise.

4 Aug 2022
I'm not sure why it can't be a talking point.. unless they cancel the game and that BR mode, it's a potential factor in prolonging the life of Halo Infinite or it having a comeback whenever that may be.

Yes they also need to get their season's on track, not arguing otherwise.
Fair point. I just look at as vaporware until its actually revealed at the very least, but I would say even until its actually released. Using it as a talking point now as a potential to be a big thing feel like talking about a sequel that could be big that isn't announced.

P

peter42O

The sad thing is they are clearly talented developers and capable of making an amazing game both functionally and in story, it's just getting to that point is so uncohesive and mismanaged it's insane.
Agree completely.

Rivet

25 Jun 2022
For a game which was made to last 10 years according to MS, it certainly died pretty fast. It was already out of top 100 on Steam in February, that says it all.

No idea why MS bet so much on 343i, they look as mediocre as it gets.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Love this guys content.

Mr Staten bought it some time... From the things I am seeing with Forge though its looking promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.