Hardcore PC fans having a meltdown over Sony’s strategy to not support SP D&D on Steam

Banana

10 Jan 2023
Sony also announced to enforce PSN verification on all PS games realising on PC. This will either lead to PC players accepting it or much more likely, people will boycott it and the PC sales declining dramatically. But this is no worry, if this backfires Sony will simply stop porting to PC in a couple of years. They will announce it not being rentable and going forward dropping the PC market. I only see PC players losing. They either need to wait 2 years or longer or they will completely lose access to PlayStation games if they should boycott Aony because of PSN requirement. Because Sony will definitely not bend the knee. Either the PC shills or Sony will simply leave the PC business. 🤷‍♂️
This is the new one right? Man, I remember back in 2019 when it was big that Death Stranding was going to go on PC and games started to lose the "Only on Playstation" off the box art. This shift in fanboy thinking everytime there is a new development is a new cope. It is getting kind of sad now tbh.

You guys really can't enjoy what you have without being angry at someone can you?

Why not get angry about something that actually matters?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
They morons isolated themselves.

Don’t even want to sign into a PSN account.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
This is the new one right? Man, I remember back in 2019 when it was big that Death Stranding was going to go on PC and games started to lose the "Only on Playstation" off the box art. This shift in fanboy thinking everytime there is a new development is a new cope. It is getting kind of sad now tbh.

You guys really can't enjoy what you have without being angry at someone can you?

Why not get angry about something that actually matters?
Well people were right to be disappointed. Only on PlayStation was a label with power. It's what have made PlayStation great. If Sony has never bothered with PC, they would probably have sold now 85m PS5 instead of 60m. It's not cope, because if PC fanboys should boycott Sony cause of the new requirement, then this will ultimately lead to horrible sales on Steam, GOG, EGS etc.
Sony is not a public relief office, they need to earn a profit. I guarantee you that if Sony's future sales do tank in a big scale then Sony will withdraw from PC. You think it's not possible? It is easy to adjust a business strategy. Nothing special.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
... is it safe to asussume these "PC hardcore Gamers" are actually ex-Box fanboys?

Because I don't remember this drama being so "mainstream" in the past.

It’s all of them.

Ex Box, Ex Sega and the rest of them who hate Sony for kicking their favourite companies out of the console market.

Most probably suffer PTSD flashbacks at the thought of signing into a PSN account.

As though Sony is coming to take the PC market too.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
I could easily pick more. Nearly all big PC clout chasers have the same stance. They complain about Sony not doing D&D and calling them anti-consumer.
Now dor; Crime stats, Sony fans, NBA fans, wnfl fans, man united fans, Xbox fans, ford enthusiasts...

People who post on social media are a tiny, tiny percentage of a fan base. Do you think 5 or 10 or 50 vocal mongs speak for 80 million fans?

Banana

10 Jan 2023
Well people were right to be disappointed. Only on PlayStation was a label with power. It's what have made PlayStation great. If Sony has never bothered with PC, they would probably have sold now 85m PS5 instead of 60m. It's not cope, because if PC fanboys should boycott Sony cause of the new requirement, then this will ultimately lead to horrible sales on Steam, GOG, EGS etc.
Sony is not a public relief office, they need to earn a profit. I guarantee you that if Sony's future sales do tank in a big scale then Sony will withdraw from PC. You think it's not possible? It is easy to adjust a business strategy. Nothing special.
Nah, they'll just spread their market or cut back on the walking Sims.

Wouldn't be surprised if they don't start releasing their games on mobile in the next 10 years. They will be harder to port with x86 vs ARM, but it'll happen.

• haha
Reactions: Eternal_Wings
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Nah, they'll just spread their market or cut back on the walking Sims.

Wouldn't be surprised if they don't start releasing their games on mobile in the next 10 years. They will be harder to port with x86 vs ARM, but it'll happen.
There is literally no benefit to win an ungrateful audience like the PC fanboys. If PC fanboys should boycott Sony cause of their new PSN requirement, then they shouldn't wonder then Sony revisiting their strategy and ending the PC support. Being in denial will not help changing the inevitable course of action. I literally pray PC cucks boycotting Sony, because they will need to bear the consequences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
What about Nintendo? They seem to be doing well. I know the budgets are different.

But he's talking about it like they don't even exist and don't do complete Exclusivity.
PC players are used to pirating/emulating Nintendo games, that is why they concentrate their hate on Sony.

They would be 100% hating on Nintendo if the had AAA games that don't release on PC day 1.

They're going to cry even more if Bloodborne Remastered or Bloodborne 2 ever gets announce.
Not when Sony releases those day one on PC because they cried and Sony listened.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
PC players are used to pirating/emulating Nintendo games, that is why they concentrate their hate on Sony.

They would be 100% hating on Nintendo if the had AAA games that don't release on PC day 1.

Not when Sony releases those day one on PC because they cried and Sony listened.
They are not listening. They only did an exception with Helldivers II because of the late announcement to require PSN. But bow they did the complete opposite: Every PS game (SP & MP) games required PSN accounts. GoT was the last game without such a rule. It’s either PC cucks bowing down or Sony will slowly abandon it.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
They are not listening. They only did an exception with Helldivers II because of the late announcement to require PSN. But bow they did the complete opposite: Every PS game (SP & MP) games required PSN accounts. GoT was the last game without such a rule. It’s either PC cucks bowing down or Sony will slowly abandon it.
We'll see if they are listening or not, to me it seems like everything is going the way PC players want.

Reactions: J_Paganel
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
We'll see if they are listening or not, to me it seems like everything is going the way PC players want.
Bruh you're being dramatic. How is everything going to PC player's way, when Sony announced not to support Day and Date for the SP titles? Plus requiring PSN account for each coming PS game, is contradicting to your claim. Sony had a wake up call. Even the shareholders were aware of this circumstance and asked this specific question.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Bruh you're being dramatic. How is everything going to PC player's way, when Sony announced not to support Day and Date for the SP titles? Plus requiring PSN account for each coming PS game, is contradicting to your claim. Sony had a wake up call. Even the shareholders were aware of this circumstance and asked this specific question.
How is it not? 5 Years ago the expectation was that they wouldn't get a single port of a PlayStation exclusive game, now we are discussing if everything is going to be day one in a few years or not.

Think of all the effort it took Sony to port all their games and engines not made with any PC release in mind, they had to change how their teams worked, learn how to support PC, etc.

Also, over all the year I had been a PlayStation gamer, nothing was as frustrating and unexciting as the last 4 years or so, quite a coincidence. The only exiting thing was seen Xbox going up in flames but somehow Sony think it's wise to follow the same path.

SIE stood out as one of the best publishers in the business for over 10 years by quite a margin, unafraid to bet big on new IPs, with very productive industry leading studios and unmatched production value. Now I question if they aren't just going to be another Ubisoft/EA/MS in a few years.

PlayStation was able to pull an incredible comeback when their parent company was in pretty bad shape, now they are the biggest publisher in the world, have a dominant position like never before, better profits than ever before and yet seem to have lost all confidence in their core competences.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Phil said the same thing when he started porting Hi-fi Rush and co to PS5. To see if there was interest and bring them to Xbox for a sequel. None of them called him out or said it was a bad strategy. "It makes sense" 🙄

A few months later and they are laughing at Hermen.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Good.

They don’t act the same with the newish Counter Strike for consoles or wont if Half life 3 was exclusive to Valve/Steam and not coming to console.
You dont see them saying Half Life alyx should be on PSVR2 lol.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
Cat Glasses GIF by Leroy Patterson

You can get a PC far superior to a PS5 for just 700 dollars, provided you get a GPU and CPU that fell of a truck and buy the other parts that are heavily used.
No you can't