Haruhiro Tsujimoto (Capcom President) has concerns over rising development costs and says that games (software) are too cheap

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

The game trade fair "Tokyo Game Show (TGS) 2023" opened on the 21st. On the 23rd, Haruhiro Tsujimoto (President of Capcom ), chairman of the computer entertainment association (CESA), the game industry organization that sponsors the event, expressed his reaction, saying, ``Japanese games are being reconsidered.'' He raised the issue of increasing development costs, saying, ``Isn't the price of the game too low?'' The main exchanges are as follows.

--This is the first time in four years that the event will be held in its entirety at Makuhari Messe.

“TGS is the best in Asia

• brain
Reactions: Ezekiel

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Maybe should stop wasting money on shit like exoprimal ? Just a suggestion 🤣
And stop with slapass RE MP games / MP modes orphaned across different games. Just release your story games and their story dlc, and off to the side have one MP hub-game with locations chucked in from all across the series. Go with whichever sprinkle of Mercenaries or Raid modes historically done well.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
And stop with slapass RE MP games / MP modes orphaned across different games. Just release your story games and their story dlc, and off to the side have one MP hub-game with locations chucked in from all across the series. Go with whichever sprinkle of Mercenaries or Raid modes historically done well.
Yeah no one was asking for those multiplayer games idve much rather had some single player content included if they wanted to bundle something , if they want to do a multiplayer spin off they'd be best going with dead rising that could be alot of fun massacring hordes of zombies with your mates in a fun sandbox with a bunch of cool D.I.Y. weapons

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Hopefully AI can help with the rising development costs, and we can get games out faster

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Not good for workers though

One day AI will create entire AAA games with just a few prompts, you can't stop the march of progress.

I dream od the day i can just make my own game, I'll finally have a true sequel to Kingdom Hearts 1

• thisistheway
Reactions: Kokoloko

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
He's right, games are cheaper than ever and way more expensive than before.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
That's what Colin Moriarty always says as well, he genuinely believes that AAA games should be $100 😂 I feel like Sony and Microsoft are the only companies that can make $200 Million+ dollar games and it be a financially sound decision. Even successful companies like Rockstar will always be hesitant to take that risk. 1 bad game can set you back or bankrupt your studio

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
That's what Colin Moriarty always says as well, he genuinely believes that AAA games should be $100 😂 I feel like Sony and Microsoft are the only companies that can make $200 Million+ dollar games and it be a financially sound decision. Even successful companies like Rockstar will always be hesitant to take that risk. 1 bad game can set you back or bankrupt your studio
What's annoying is people bring up how much games were 30+ years ago & try & use it as a justification for why games should be much more expensive now but completely forget that 30+ years ago gaming was a pretty niche hobby so they wouldn't have gotten nearly as many sales., now days gaming is probably the most popular & profitable media (for the big companies) it wasn't long ago we were hearing about record profits that they were talking to shareholders about but of course gaming companies don't want the consumers to know how well they're doing or they might ask questions when they raise prices to satisfy their infinite growth targets

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Capcom is one of the few companies that didn't raise their game prices to £70 aswell which I really respected them for this just sounds like they're going to follow the industry & make £70 the price for their standard edition games

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
One day AI will create entire AAA games with just a few prompts, you can't stop the march of progress.

I dream od the day i can just make my own game, I'll finally have a true sequel to Kingdom Hearts 1
Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones