21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
>be community manager
>Stand up for community
>Get fired

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN
I think you don’t understand what the “community manager” role is…

It is suppose to manage and try to set the emotions of their own community in favor of what the company hired him wants…

No company will ever hire a community manager to stand up for the community lol

It is to calm down and hold up the community emotions.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Honestly helldivers is a pretty shit game that gets really repetitive fast, its the exact same gameplay loop over and over again.

The cringe ass marketing is just annoying too
nah

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Now if they can fire that terminally online CEO of arrowhead too, good thing they did not acquire the backstabbing nincompoops. Hope Phil gets arrowhead will get it shuttered in 3 years :ROFLMAO:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Honestly helldivers is a pretty shit game that gets really repetitive fast, its the exact same gameplay loop over and over again.

The cringe ass marketing is just annoying too
I never played it because it doesn't seem like my type of thing. And now I'm extra glad I never supported the game.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I never played it because it doesn't seem like my type of thing. And now I'm extra glad I never supported the game.

I played it for like 7 hours and just returned it. It's basically just the zombies mode from COD Cold War but with bugs and robots.

Theres a reason why 50% of the playerbase dropped the game after the first couple of weeks.

People only hyped up this game here because its a console exclusive just like Rise of the Ronin.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The game is pretty good and is big fun with friends but then again which multiplayer game with friends isn't? It's not the second coming of jesus that many are making it out to be

Reactions: Box

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
People only hyped up this game here because its a console exclusive just like Rise of the Ronin.
Who's overhyping Rise of the Ronin? The game was criminally underrated and it disappeared from all the conversation. It deserves way more hype and sales.

Your opinion on Helldivers is also wrong but the game is so popular you don't matter.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Who's overhyping Rise of the Ronin? The game was criminally underrated and it disappeared from all the conversation. It deserves way more hype and sales.

Your opinion on Helldivers is also wrong but the game is so popular you don't matter.

I'm talking specifically about this forum, they will do the same for concord and fairgames even though both games will end up as Gamepass Tier Slop.

Palworld is also popular, doesn't change the fact that it's an low effort asset flip.

The only games worth the hype this year are FF7 Rebirth and Stellar Blade.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
I think you don’t understand what the “community manager” role is…

It is suppose to manage and try to set the emotions of their own community in favor of what the company hired him wants…

No company will ever hire a community manager to stand up for the community lol

It is to calm down and hold up the community emotions.
The community manager made sure that Sony took a bit of pain to avoid a major disaster.

If he hasn't have encouraged the refunds and negative ratings, thereby sending a clear message to Sony that this is a bad idea. Had that not happened, Helldivers 2 would have lost a lot of players, without Sony or AH knowing why, causing a drop in popularity and profit.

Now the issue is dealt with, and in a fast and efficient manner, the negative reviews reversed, AH and HD2 being praised for their handling of the situation and the player base happy to continue playing.

Point out how he didn't help calm the community?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I played it for like 7 hours and just returned it. It's basically just the zombies mode from COD Cold War but with bugs and robots.

Theres a reason why 50% of the playerbase dropped the game after the first couple of weeks.

why lie? Helldivers was above 50% of launch peak userbase over 2 months after launch
lolwat.jpg

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I'm talking specifically about this forum, they will do the same for concord and fairgames even though both games will end up as Gamepass Tier Slop.

Palworld is also popular, doesn't change the fact that it's an low effort asset flip.

Your opinion isn’t fact.

Just cause you don’t like a game doesn’t mean it’s shit.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

People here hyping Fairgames and the burger game? Lmao 🤣🤣🤣 I guess you don't remember how it was after the showcase. Total bloodbath. GAAS meltdowns. Jade Raymond with her head flying off the building. Cancel the game. Shutdown the studio. Playstation is dead.

It went on for weeks 😅

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
>be community manager
>Stand up for community
>Get fired

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN
It's sad that the only person who told players; ok, show your displeasure by refunding and changing your reviews. As it's truly the only gamers who can show their unhappiness with the game and get heard gets fired and not the other morons CM "They are trying to KILL ME!!!" -_-.

Unfortunately, also, the way he went about it saying like "I thought you are refunding and leaving" isn't the best way to word it.

Ultimately, he was honest but his job was to just mediate between gamers and HD2 and not take sides.

I wasn't there so IDK for certain but this comment on Reddit explains it further. The whole thing sucked and could have entirely been avoided.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
It's sad that the only person who told players; ok, show your displeasure by refunding and changing your reviews. As it's truly the only gamers who can show their unhappiness with the game and get heard gets fired and not the other morons CM "They are trying to KILL ME!!!" -_-.

Unfortunately, also, the way he went about it saying like "I thought you are refunding and leaving" isn't the best way to word it.

Ultimately, he was honest but his job was to just mediate between gamers and HD2 and not take sides.

I wasn't there so IDK for certain but this comment on Reddit explains it further. The whole thing sucked and could have entirely been avoided.
I don't agree with it. The corporate world of "keep quiet, smile and nod, suck dick" fucks me off to no end. Companies need people like him to go outside of the box and stick their head above the parapet. Did he rile the masses? He sure did, then he channeled that into a positive direction, one where both AH and Sony could implement actions to move towards a swift resolution.

If he hasn't have done that, gone above and beyond his job, the consequences would have been much worse.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The community manager made sure that Sony took a bit of pain to avoid a major disaster.

If he hasn't have encouraged the refunds and negative ratings, thereby sending a clear message to Sony that this is a bad idea. Had that not happened, Helldivers 2 would have lost a lot of players, without Sony or AH knowing why, causing a drop in popularity and profit.

Now the issue is dealt with, and in a fast and efficient manner, the negative reviews reversed, AH and HD2 being praised for their handling of the situation and the player base happy to continue playing.

Point out how he didn't help calm the community?
The opposite.

He was fired because he didn’t do his job.
Instead to racionalize and make the community clam down he choose to incentive the community to go even mad lol

He took a side against the company that hired and paid him.

How can you maintain a employee like that?

He clearly was biased.