Helldivers 2 deploy begins | 2/8/24 All trailers here. |UP| 2/1/24 Download Size:25 GB

D

Deleted member 223

Hopefully it doesn't take as long to make mountains out of molehills.

Day 0. I like everything I've seen.

The game's marketing exposure has been atrocious but you have to thank Sony's marketing for that.

Hopfully the transition to TPS got nailed.... and the strategem mechanic hits the same way as it did with the first.

If the game becomes a hit then watching casuals choke while pulling stratagems will be an infinite laughter generator.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I have a feeling it's going to be an online hit and be well recieved. Good, chaotic fun.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Looking good, I wonder if we'll be able to spread democracy to these aliens on a single player campaign (maybe playing with boths) or at least in a campaign where the other players can be random players from around internet.

Because I have little time to play and weird schedules for my gaming sessions that normally don't match with my friends, who like me also have little time to play and don't use to play shooters.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Looking good, I wonder if we'll be able to spread democracy to these aliens on a single player campaign (maybe playing with boths) or at least in a campaign where the other players can be random players from around internet.

Because I have little time to play and weird schedules for my gaming sessions that normally don't match with my friends, who like me also have little time to play and don't use to play shooters.
This I know will be a big time sink for me.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
It's a $40 game. I don't think anyone buying this game isn't already not paying for PS+
I don't understand how "it's a $40 game" is relevant. On Playstation, free multiplayer games don't require a PS+ sub, but $70 games do. When Playstation announced the PS+ price increase, I canceled my subscription. Now, am I going to pay $80 for a sub so I can play a $40 game online? Am I going to expect 3 other friends to do this so I can have the best time with it?

Meanwhile me and my friends can play a very good game called The Finals for free.

It doesn't make sense to me.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I don't understand how "it's a $40 game" is relevant. On Playstation, free multiplayer games don't require a PS+ sub, but $70 games do. When Playstation announced the PS+ price increase, I canceled my subscription. Now, am I going to pay $80 for a sub so I can play a $40 game online? Am I going to expect 3 other friends to do this so I can have the best time with it?

Meanwhile me and my friends can play a very good game called The Finals for free.

It doesn't make sense to me.
You already solved your own riddle? It's not a free to play game. I'm sure everyone interested in a paid online game is already subbed to PS+. They have a 40+ million player pool to try and sell this game to. The cheaper price should ease the sting which is why I mentioned it.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
You already solved your own riddle? It's not a free to play game. I'm sure everyone interested in a paid online game is already subbed to PS+. They have a 40+ million player pool to try and sell this game to. The cheaper price should ease the sting which is why I mentioned it.
The real solution is I'm buying the game on Steam, probably won't play with friends and bounce off it quicker than I want. None of this explains what $40 vs free vs $70 has anything to do with it.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The real solution is I'm buying the game on Steam, probably won't play with friends and bounce off it quicker than I want. None of this explains what $40 vs free vs $70 has anything to do with it.
There again you've solved your issue and Sony still gets your money. You get to play online without a paywall... There we go.

I didn't make any comparisons between $40 vs free vs $70... You did. So you can figure that out.

All I said is it's a $40 game and so the bite won't sting so much seeing it requires PS+.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
It looks fun but I don’t know if I’m willing to spend 100s of hours online.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

Good idea to move it one day before Rebirth....

Jimmy Fallon No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
53441218739_8a02aaf469_h.jpg

We know it’s been a long wait but it’s finally time to reveal more about the PC release of Helldivers 2. We know what’s on your mind, first and foremost: Is it crossplay?

And we’re pleased to announce that Helldivers 2 supports crossplay! That means your teammates on PC can play with you on PS5 and vice versa. Community and teamwork are the most important pillars of Helldivers 2, and so it is essential to ensure players can work together regardless of the system they choose to use. Together we can celebrate victories, mourn losses, and liberate the galaxy without platform boundaries.