Helldivers 2 deploy begins | 2/8/24 All trailers here. |UP| 2/1/24 Download Size:25 GB

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
It better, I want as many ppl online as possible. It's great it's on PC and has cross play.

So you like playing against cheaters who hack games and 300fps mouse and keyboard players?

Cool story bro.

Crossplay is the worse thing to happen to console gaming.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So you like playing against cheaters who hack games and 300fps mouse and keyboard players?

Cool story bro.

Crossplay is the worse thing to happen to console gaming.
I haven't said anything. We all know the cheaters rife on games like COD, PUBG, etc are the worst and those games have huge online followings tht don't need croosplsy but some games live and die by their multiplayer population and guess what Einstein? This lil $40 game that some ppl are hype for and many others aren't will live and die by that. You ever heard of games that allow you to play cross play or not? Cool story Bro you should look tht up its a thing :)

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
I haven't said anything. We all know the cheaters rife on games like COD, PUBG, etc are the worst and those games have huge online followings tht don't need croosplsy but some games live and die by their multiplayer population and guess what Einstein? This lil $40 game that some ppl are hype for and many others aren't will live and die by that. You ever heard of games that allow you to play cross play or not? Cool story Bro you should look tht up its a thing :)

Being able to turn off and on crossplay actually makes the player pool smaller. You’ll be put into lobbies with those who chose either option.

Rather than keeping the game separate to their platforms and having the full player base there.

Have fun getting shot from PC players hacked into a wall or floating above the map.

👍

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Being able to turn off and on crossplay actually makes the player pool smaller. You’ll be put into lobbies with those who chose either option.

Rather than keeping the game separate to their platforms and having the full player base there.

Have fun getting shot from PC players hacked into a wall or floating above the map.

👍
LOL alright you win Bro. So let's let a game that we don't know if it'll have a strong enough online following just on PlayStation die a premature death and have servers shut off 🤔 hmm where have I seen tht before? Geez I wonder. Yup I'd rather have tht with the option to shut off cross play than a game die a year or two out! Anytime, anyday! Make it make sense. Cross play is not ideal nor good in most situations with PC, your talking to gaming enthusiasts in here who know the ramifications but also it can be beneficial.

Helldivers isn't even PVP but PVE.

But again, yeah you right 👍

Last edited:
  • Shake
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Helldivers doesn’t even have a pvp component to worry so much about cheaters.

Cheaters risk their accounts in free online games mostly

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Helldivers doesn’t even have a pvp component to worry so much about cheaters.

Cheaters risk their accounts in free online games mostly
Damn thnks for reminding me, you are right it's PVE.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Let's use this thread for gamertag exchange to team up. I will be playing alot!

PSN: Kenjovani

Feel free to add me or put ur tag.
Be very afraid, people; this guy is like a rabid dog in online games; he will kill the mobs, and the bosses will then turn on you and murder you, too.

Dropped on a head as a child, BEWARE.

Sylvester Stallone Rambo GIF by IFC

D

Deleted member 223

The thing PC crossplay will indeed affect is that pulling Strategems using keyboard keys > controller. Much more precise, and less error prone. Folks will still choke regardless of what type of input device they chose but yeah, for the 12-15 maps, joining a PC player may not be a bad thing. Unless, well, they start doing griefer shit like teleporting around the map or one-shot killing everything, thus breaking the game.

@On Demand does make a solid point about crossplay. If crossplay is enabled by default in the PS5 version, those that turn it off will be disadvantaged by being under a smaller pool of players. I think from a developer standpoint, a way to combat that is to have crossplay disabled by default - thus most casuals won't know. That is to say, making users who want to use the option to manually opt into crossplay in the menu's as opposed to being the default option.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: On Demand

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
LOL alright you win Bro. So let's let a game that we don't know if it'll have a strong enough online following just on PlayStation die a premature death and have servers shut off 🤔 hmm where have I seen tht before? Geez I wonder. Yup I'd rather have tht with the option to shut off cross play than a game die a year or two out! Anytime, anyday! Make it make sense. Cross play is not ideal nor good in most situations with PC, your talking to gaming enthusiasts in here who know the ramifications but also it can be beneficial.

Helldivers isn't even PVP but PVE.

But again, yeah you right 👍

Plenty of online games did just fine in the PS3 and PS4 generation without PC or crossplay.

You’re acting like online games on consoles don’t exist or never been been successful or something.

This PC support and crossplay is a relatively a new thing and only really got going this generation.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The thing PC crossplay will indeed affect is that pulling Strategems using keyboard keys > controller. Much more precise, and less error prone. Folks will still choke regardless of what type of input device they chose but yeah, for the 12-15 maps, joining a PC player may not be a bad thing. Unless, well, they start doing griefer shit like teleporting around the map or one-shot killing everything, thus breaking the game.

@On Demand does make a solid point about crossplay. If crossplay is enabled by default in the PS5 version, those that turn it off will be disadvantaged by being under a smaller pool of players. I think from a developer standpoint, a way to combat that is to have crossplay disabled by default - thus most casuals won't know. That is to say, making users who want to use the option to manually opt into crossplay in the menu's as opposed to being the default option.
Bro we all know the advantages and disadvantages of adding cross play to titles with pc. Your preaching to the choir. No one wants ideally for crossplay to be in our games there have been threads about this before when cross play was first pushed however my point still stands "cross play" is definitely beneficial to games that might have a weak, smaller player pool community in games tht go under the radar, Helldivers is not a big banger and might not garner much sales on PS5 (even though I hope it does) bigger online community allows servers to stay on in perpetuity in the long run..

Lol smh "plenty of online games did just fine on PS3/PS4" this is when the disgenuous responses to prove a fallacious point have to get ignored. You conveniently ignore my comment about "Helldivers" not being a sales beast or big draw so ultimately can have that fate. Of course other PS3/4 games did fine without crossplay helloooo they are not Helldivers budget, caliber and we're going to do fine without another player pool because they were going to sell millions. You cannot compare a game like TLOU, Uncharted, GT, Roblox, Fortnite online with Helldivers they were going to be fine and servers kept on because they sell millions!!! Guess why Uncharted 4 mp and TLOU mp is still on? Just guess. Smh just wow.

Anyway I'm off this topic lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Cross-play haters come off more as unhinged fanboys because teh console warz.

Multiplayer games are no longer throwaway modes meant to extend a single player game’s value for a two weeks. They are now the meat and potatoes.

The costs for developing games now vs then in addition to player demands for on-going content and maintenance... The biggest player pools are necessary to keep it operational.

PvP crossplay with pc should never be a thing and you have options in most games to enable cross play across consoles or input method. It’s fine in co-op even tho their input and turning speeds will still show benefits. Even worse if the game does hardware side saves and they break games with modded saves.

F2P amplifies this further. Very easy for pc players to risk one of their 200 steam accounts. Console also has xbl and ps plus paywalls. And the best deterrent to cheaters are indeed paywalls. No, not all “f2p” bypass paywalls. Destiny does not even for pvp (but that’s an issue of semantics since destiny is $100 a year). I have huge issues with the paywall … it’s meant to cater to Fortnite and Warzone and keep them as market leaders.

And then you have ps5 .. which is the only hardware that’s secure with controller chest devices (for the most part vs all other hardware).

But try playing 2042 PS5 only and aside from one mode you will never find matches. Functionally broken game experience.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 223

Bro we all know the advantages and disadvantages of adding cross play to titles with pc. Your preaching to the choir. No one wants ideally for crossplay to be in our games there have been threads about this before when cross play was first pushed however my point still stands "cross play" is definitely beneficial to games that might have a weak, smaller player pool community in games tht go under the radar, Helldivers is not a big banger and might not garner much sales on PS5 (even though I hope it does) bigger online community allows servers to stay on in perpetuity in the long run..

Lol smh "plenty of online games did just fine on PS3/PS4" this is when the disgenuous responses to prove a fallacious point have to get ignored. You conveniently ignore my comment about "Helldivers" not being a sales beast or big draw so ultimately can have that fate. Of course other PS3/4 games did fine without crossplay helloooo they are not Helldivers budget, caliber and we're going to do fine without another player pool because they were going to sell millions. You cannot compare a game like TLOU, Uncharted, GT online with Helldivers they were going to be fine and servers kept on because they sell millions!!! Guess why Uncharted 4 mp and TLOU mp is still on? Just guess. Smh just wow.

Anyway I'm off this topic lol
Not barging into whatever you and on-demand got going... just a general comment expanding on that specific point made by him.

Not against crossplay either, as long as it's not the default option and if I'm on the business side of things, getting paid to boost other platforms (like the Fornite arrangement). It's indeed useful for games with low player counts or games whose player count is dying out due to product age, specially when a gen goes by. The thing is these days pubs kill the servers anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Cross-play haters come off more as unhinged fanboys because teh console warz.

Multiplayer games are no longer throwaway modes meant to extend a single player game’s value for a two weeks. They are now the meat and potatoes.

The costs for developing games now vs then in addition to player demands for on-going content and maintenance... The biggest player pools are necessary to keep it operational.

PvP crossplay with pc should never be a thing and you have options in most games to enable cross play across consoles or input method. It’s fine in co-op even tho their input and turning speeds will still show benefits. Even worse if the game does hardware side saves and they break games with modded saves.

F2P amplifies this further. Very easy for pc players to risk one of their 200 steam accounts. Console also has xbl and ps plus paywalls. And the best deterrent to cheaters are indeed paywalls.

And then you have ps5 .. which is the only hardware that’s secure with controller chest devices (for the most part vs all other hardware).

But try playing 2042 PS5 only and aside from one mode you will never find matches. Functionally broken game experience.
Very true. But what gets me though is that the disadvantages of cross play and cheating are also well known but since Helldivers is niche crossplay can/will benefit it more than hurt it (fir reasons you also mention) but ppl conveniently disregard tht point to go on a "cross play isn't good rant" and clearly omit my "niche" point. It's crazy.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Not barging into whatever you and on-demand got going... just a general comment, expanding on that specific point made by him.

Not against crossplay either, as long as it's not default and if I'm on the business side of things, getting paid to boost other platforms.
Nothing going on, differing points and views. It is the state of gaming boards.

I agree with your points. Happy gaming.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Very true. But what gets me though is that the disadvantages of cross play and cheating are also well known but since Helldivers is niche crossplay can/will benefit it more than hurt it (fir reasons you also mention) but ppl conveniently disregard tht point to go on a "cross play isn't good rant" and clearly omit my "niche" point. It's crazy.

Cross-play, cross-save and cloud saves are some of the best things to happen to multiplayer gaming. Like a game? Tell a co-worker - play together irregardless of hardware .

Cheating is worse than it has ever been. But the thing is there is no panacea… handling it will be a forever thing. Also increasing costs of keeping a game operational… lol. Thus needing as many players as they can get.

The reality is that the modern online game is more expensive to make than any other game. And the continued burn rate of cash to keep making content and keep it running…. And that’s if it becomes successful.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Cross-play, cross-save and cloud saves are some of the best things to happen to multiplayer gaming. Like a game? Tell a co-worker - play together irregardless of hardware .

Cheating is worse than it has ever been. But the thing is there is no panacea… handling it will be a forever thing. Also increasing costs of keeping a game operational… lol. Thus needing as many players as they can get.

The reality is that the modern online game is more expensive to make than any other game. And the continued burn rate of cash to keep making content and keep it running…. And that’s if it becomes successful.
I agree but cheating point is so valid lol look at this...I'd be fine if they kept crossplay out of bigger games or implemented it laterrrrr down the line when communities got smaller.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I agree but cheating point is so valid lol look at this...

The huge cuts to 343 way back would’ve affected the game’s security team I’d bet. Which further goes to the point of how much money these games need. Helldivers is a smaller project than most tho.

Helldivers won’t have some crazy run I think. What the game needs is a solid month of sales and engagement.

It’s a smaller game and without a PvP component. I’d compare its performance to Remnant 2.

D

Deleted member 223

Pretty sure Helldivers I has a lively community still. If it's gunning for something it should be gunning for that type of engament and then some. I cleaned up the plat grind in preparation for this game earlier last year (well tbh cause Plat OCD), the massive grind just had me drop the game some years ago. Had no trouble finding games with folks. Obviously team performance varies.

Reactions: Umar and Gamernyc78