Helldivers 2 'Escalation of Freedom' major update released

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
What is the point of nerfing weapons in PvE game lol, if they had any sense they would scope creep the hell out of the game with better weapons released every warbond to encourage spending. I thought the point of helldivers was OP weapons but weak ass soldiers who die to anything but they keep nerfing weapons lol 🤡

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
haven't had that happen, but it did happen to me once a couple patches ago. the game has slowly gotten worse and worse with stability and weird bugs. They said they fixed the pelican fucking up during landing but I've had it happen twice so far this patch, one time it went under the platform so we couldn't get in, the other time it flipped over and we were lucky to be able to crawl in.
I think I'll put up a whole youtube video of all the clips combained in share factory of this new update. It's like 15 minutes of content there lmao
Love the game, but holy shit is it broken.

And yeah, that pelican thing happend to me too. It seems like it breaks whenever it doesnt land perfectly as It should. All you need is a 500kg bomb dropped in a certain angle when it's landing to break the whole 40 minute match.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
What is the point of nerfing weapons in PvE game lol, if they had any sense they would scope creep the hell out of the game with better weapons released every warbond to encourage spending. I thought the point of helldivers was OP weapons but weak ass soldiers who die to anything but they keep nerfing weapons lol 🤡

Balance is always desirable and healthier for the game long term. Whether any of that is achieved is tbd.

But it’s been kinda shown over the years that in general players will rather have fun with something OP for a short amount of time before it starts to ruin the game in other ways. So better to let it ride too powerful out the gate for just a bit than try to bring something up later…

So you can’t come down with the hammer so frequently… might as well just wait for it to actually be a pain point. I also don’t see the point when clearing higher tier dififculities doesn’t really net you anything to care about something being too powerful or not. What is it breaking? Resource gathering? If you’re farming mats — highest difficulties ain’t even optimal farming.

Nerfs aren’t mostly to blame anyway. Helldivers has no endgame outside unlocks — that’s not an endgame. You would think this is their priority for year 2 and I’d bet it is.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They released a minor update with performance improvement and many fixes. Release notes:

Patch 01.001.003
Hot fix incoming from High Command

Overview
  • Performance
  • Crash Fixes
  • General Weapon and stratagem fixes
  • Social menu
  • Miscellaneous fixes

Details:

Fixes
  • Crash Fixes
  • Fixed crash that would occur when you or another player selects a new weapon while on the ship.
  • Fixed crash when booting the game after saved monitor was disconnected.
General Weapon and Stratagem Fixes
  • Thermite grenades no longer make the orbital cannon objective incompletable.
  • Mines can now be shot and blown up while near a dangerous object.
  • Fixed a bug where flamethrower weapons bounce off energy shields, making them useless when firing within shield generator relay domes.
Social Menu Fixes
  • Even more social menu fixes
Miscellaneous Fixes
  • General performance improvements. Some pertaining to fighting large swarms of bots.
  • Fix bug where "Evacuate High-Value Assets" mission stops working then the host leaves.
  • Fixed infinitely loading thumbnails on low Texture Quality setting.
Known Issues
  • Game may display an infinite loading screen if a player disconnects during the deployment cutscene.
  • Players may not receive Friend Requests sent from another platform.
  • "Invite only" games created by a friend can still be seen on the Galactic War map but cannot be joined.
  • “Conduct Geological Survey” mission may become incompletable if a player calls in “Seismic Probe” and immediately leaves the game or disconnects.
  • Bile Titan sometimes does not take damage to the head.
  • Enemies that bleed out do not progress Personal Orders and Eradicate missions.
  • Most weapons shoot below the crosshair when aiming down the sights..
  • Chain-link fences block flamethrowers’ fire.
  • Stratagem beam might attach itself to an enemy but it will deploy to its original location.
  • “Guard Dog Rover” does not overheat when firing continuously.
  • Players are able to pick up empty expendable weapons like EAT-17 or MLS-4X
  • Reinforcement may not be available for players who join a game in progress.
  • Wrong decal displayed for the B-27 Fortified commando. We have a fix and plant to implement it soon
  • Service Technician on the ship cannot be interacted with - they complained they were bothered too much and could not do their work efficiently

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/553850/view/4339866697735881047?l=english

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Nerfs aren’t mostly to blame anyway. Helldivers has no endgame outside unlocks — that’s not an endgame.

Nerfs are absolutely to blame. The main reason I don't play the game more often is thinking almost all my weapons are barely tickling the heavily armored enemies.
We were promised overpowered weapons to fight hordes of enemies, from the trailers to official marketing texts. Weapons should be high-risk + high-reward where blowing up the bugs is almost as likely as blowing up yourself and/or your colleagues.
Instead I keep getting into situations where I spend several minutes running away from 2 behemoths just because my stratagems ran out and primaries

I don't want an "endgame". If you want endgame-based games just go play Destiny or The Division.
I want Helldivers to be more like Helldivers.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Doesn’t have to look like anything like either of those games.

Once you unlock everything the game is done and you just wait for a new warbond of things to unlock and not use. The game may be fun to play at any time but even some classic arcade scoring gimmicks could do wonders for replayabity and a chase for players want to do best.

Nerfs are immediate and upsets their bottom line of players most because they’re the ones left playing but there’s a series of compounding issues accumulating here that’s hurting retention. Returning players since launch won’t even be aware — they just want to see what’s new and if it’s good.

And it seems they do want retention. Online games don’t need to be designed for day in and out play as they could also be catering to seasonal and yearly players coming back. However, with their desire to make heavy handed nerfs is treating the game like they do.

It peaked at 36k yesterday a few days into its first major update. The downward trend started a ways back and ifs becoming less likely they can resurrect the game when they’re going to need to unless an even bigger and major update or new gimmick comes within the next 3 months.

And for some bizarre reason arrowhead had a good chunk of their team on vacation in the final stages and deployment of this update.

August is gonna be rough for these PlayStation online games if Concord also drops the ball. I’ll be looking to see how the 3 games perform against each other.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Did anyone of you played the new update? It's abolutely broken. Sometimes it's funny but It can get annoying. Especially when bugs just decide to stop spawning in the middle of a wave defend mission and you have to abort the whole mission.

Game being this broken after all this time and all the updates is another reason why not even GaaS should release day-1 on PC. In the end all players have to suffer because of it.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Arrowhead being on vacation is the reason for the bugs. Deploying what they marketed as the biggest update while operating with minimal staff is a bit ummm… dumb?

This is gonna tank the game for a bit probably worse than pre-update levels. Shame since they had opportunity to pull some players back with First Descandant’s run over and Destiny’s episode 1 sucking while not having anything good from it until Act 3 on the 27th.

Concord has two weeks to itself.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The most baffling thing is not having missions where we can take down terminid hive queens or machine overlords, there is no big bad in the game that is a challenge to takedown and will give a sense of rush /accomplishment

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
20240813_204852.jpg

First win or are they just yapping again?

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
20240813_204852.jpg

None of that is very exciting for me, it’s just constantly fixing and addressing community concerns. It doesn’t really add any new gameplay conventions for me to look forward to and thats two months of work.

That means i can’t expect any major content updates from now until november

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
If AH wants to address everyone’s concerns with the game they might as well quit and move on to making HD3.

Exactly. If they are gonna keep engaging with the community the game will never grow.

Just put out big content updates, new ways to play, new types of environments and vehicles, etc. all this other stuff is just playing in the weeds.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
To be honest this is a good step forward for the health of the game. I personally find d10 kinda shitty to play; haven't lost yet but the amount of shit that you basically can't do anything about is overwhelming which makes the main viable playstyle running away from everything, even impalers which you aren't supposed to be running away from. it's still possible to fight through everything if you have a good team but it's tough when quick playing with randos. The amount of ragdolling is excessive, once or twice and it's funny, when it happens every 10s it gets old. Once they recalibrate the baseline for the game then new content will be amazing. Without it new content won't really feel that great.

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Gotta love the professional complainers.

Here's the thing AH needs to learn : The more you give in to the mob, to more they'll want, and they'll never be satisfied with whatever you do or don't do.

"A game for everyone is a game for no one".

OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
20240813_204852.jpg

They always said pretty things but later kept nerfing the fun stuff. I'll belive the things once I see them implemented.

They made a lot of great things but have an issue with their balancing. Instead of nerfing the good and fun stuff they should focus on buffing the weapons and stratagems that suck to allow people have more viable options and more possible different approaches to address different situations or strategies.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: The Icon

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Gotta love the professional complainers.

Here's the thing AH needs to learn : The more you give in to the mob, to more they'll want, and they'll never be satisfied with whatever you do or don't do.

"A game for everyone is a game for no one".
Do you play helldivers 2?

Reactions: ToTTenTranz