Helldivers 2 'Escalation of Freedom' major update released

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I actually think the rocket striders are pretty good, I just wish they didn't replace all the regular striders. 50/50 would be nice. If you shoot the rockets on their sides before they fire it blows up in their face and damages them heavily, which actually rewards you for being good. Which I like.

Also, funny meme

I think that's why I don't like them. I usually run Punisher Plasma for bots, so I can't target the rockets.

Yeah they should mix up the striders and keep some of the regular ones too.

They have one shot kill rockets too lol

They end up needing the same amount of shots as devastators to kill.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Some stratagems like the 500KG bomb are really "OP" (there's cooldown to don't break the game and keep it somewhat balanced) and destroy everything.

What?!

The 500Kg is the textbook example on the weapons being too weak. Its effective radius and damage are laughable for the name.

You can do a direct hit of a 500Kg bomb on a bile titan, it gets lodged into it before blowing up and it still doesn't kill it. Same thing with Factory Striders, Hulks, Behemoths, Impalers and even Chargers.

The 500Kg is a running joke at this point.

OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
What?!

The 500Kg is the textbook example on the weapons being too weak. Its effective radius and damage are laughable for the name.

You can do a direct hit of a 500Kg bomb on a bile titan, it gets lodged into it before blowing up and it still doesn't kill it. Same thing with Factory Striders, Hulks, Behemoths, Impalers and even Chargers.

The 500Kg is a running joke at this point.

Maybe they nerfed it in recent times and now it sucks, I haven't used it in a while but still see many people using it in my difficulty 9/10 matches with random people.

At least in the past it apparently did 1 hit kill almost everything that is hit directly, or almost does it and with a few shots more. But as we know there has been different bugs related to flaws on impact detection where hitting in some specific spot or in certain angle. As example, as I remember recently there was a bug where shooting bile titans in the head failed.

But yes, it's likely that they may have nerfed the 500KG bomb because many people was using it.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
it's likely that they may have nerfed the 500KG bomb because many people was using it.

And that is precisely the mentality that might become the death of Arrowhead.

This isn't a ranked PvP game, it's a coop PvE. If everyone's using weapon X it's because all the other weapons are shit and they need to be buffed. They don't need to nerf the last useful weapons into shit just to make everyone's experience more miserable.

Arrowhead never said "too many people are finishing lvl9 missions to fast so we need to bring difficulty up a bit".
It's always "too many people are using this solution, let's nerf it".

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The 500kg is very unreliable due to its damage being a narrow cone projected perpendicular to the surface it lands on. So when you hit a bile titan leg, the damage is actually going sideways instead of a normal explosion that is spherical. That's why it has so many "misses" and why you can stand close to the explosion and be fine. The orbital precision behaves much more reliably.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
This game is dead for me and 90% of its initial playerbase. This is a good thing.

It shows players want what was promised and they dont like bullshit nerfing in a game that advertised with being overpowered. That and most of the launch issues are still there!!!

It was fun for 2 months. Now its just another stale grindfest as befits the GaaS timeline. Arrowhead had a shot at creating the best GaaS shooter but no, they micro managed the gameplay into the ground, teased with a new faction multiple times and gave us only a few new enemies and lackluster warbonds.

Not falling for this again in the future.

You can clearly see it in the community as well. The whole roleplaying thing on social media has died almost completely.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Man these devs are straight up sad losers, we should be seeing mini nukes in the game. We should be seeing crazy sci-fi shit like active camouflage, nano suit armors that allow to punch the big bugs but no they nerf weapons that people like.

These guys don't deserve the success they got handed to on a plate, par for the course for laziness where they take vacations after having a breakout hit and instead of building on it they nerf anything enjoyable about the game.

Sony will make a big mistake buying these one hit wonders, this studio has achieved the "esteemed" reputation of fun police.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz