Helldivers 2: new official merchandise available on PlayStation Gear, select retailers from today

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
do you have some gameplay? I'm willing to be convinced.

one of us GIF

Join me if you're on PS5 (Bo_Hazem). Just try to be vigilant if you see a red laser to check if it's the 380mm barrage then run. That's my favorite stratagem.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Maybe I should record it and upload it to youtube, lol.
So i took it back to bug missions and tried again. It's... okay. It's a little better than I was giving it credit for but I still prefer the dominator and other shotguns. It's pretty good against hunters and little trash, basically useless against most other things. Maybe okay when flanking the shield bugs and warriors since you can hit the fleshy parts from the side, but ttk was still too high for my liking. Also didn't like that it still ricocheted off charger legs when they are weakened after charging. I do think it's better than all the other automatic rifles though, so there's that.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So i took it back to bug missions and tried again. It's... okay. It's a little better than I was giving it credit for but I still prefer the dominator and other shotguns. It's pretty good against hunters and little trash, basically useless against most other things. Maybe okay when flanking the shield bugs and warriors since you can hit the fleshy parts from the side, but ttk was still too high for my liking. Also didn't like that it still ricocheted off charger legs when they are weakened after charging. I do think it's better than all the other automatic rifles though, so there's that.
I tried it last night, great against little bugs but trash against any medium sized ones with any armor.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman

See it's play style. In one session all my team were struggling against the flying bugs but I could kill them with ease due to the fast fps and low recoil. It's perfect to my playstyle as I prefer assault rifles and machine guns in gaming.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
See it's play style. In one session all my team were struggling against the flying bugs but I could kill them with ease due to the fast fps and low recoil. It's perfect to my playstyle as I prefer assault rifles and machine guns in gaming.
That's a good point. I like to go off and complete objective solo since randos tend to get bogged down fighting, and I need a primary that lets me handle everything. The biggest difference is the ability to keep stalkers off your ass.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
That's a good point. I like to go off and complete objective solo since randos tend to get bogged down fighting, and I need a primary that lets me handle everything. The biggest difference is the ability to keep stalkers off your ass.

Then you should have the P-19 as a side gun. You can run and shoot behind you, something I missed going from the SMD to Sickle but still have the P-19 on.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Then you should have the P-19 as a side gun. You can run and shoot behind you, something I missed going from the SMD to Sickle but still have the P-19 on.
Redeemer only has 4 mags. Often you get 6+ stalkers on you solo before you can clear the nesf.. and it takes almost a full mag to down a stalker

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Why play solo tho? Having a blast in helldive even with randos.
I mean i said i like to break off from the group when they get bogged down. If they're fighting a breach and I spot stalkers inbound I break off immediately to clear the nest, otherwise it might cause a wipe

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
I mean i said i like to break off from the group when they get bogged down. If they're fighting a breach and I spot stalkers inbound I break off immediately to clear the nest, otherwise it might cause a wipe

Hmmm, closing stalker lair is pretty easy even if they try to pile up on me. I think you're overestimating the shotgun though, it just fits your playstyle.

Sometimes I manage to clean up 2-3 breaches alone when teammates seem to goof around killing every single insect as if that gives you anything extra. If it gets hairy I through a strike right in front of me or even 380mm barrage while running and shooting back, lol. 380mm barrage is an extremely powerful tool to cut their numbers down and weaken a massive herd. I prefer throwing it in the middle of a large nest and usually it can close all of them alone while I move on into something else.

Overall I'm happy that many bring different tools, but I still believe the older meta is still the GOAT as bile titans are just 2 headshots to kill or 2 shots in the ass as it explodes. Funny how chargers seem to way more powerful, or maybe something is still broken in the game for the railgun vs bile titans.