Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
image.png

Passes Among Us all-time peak! Would easily destroy CoD all-time peak for 3 games combined if it had no server issue:

image.png

Of course, it's trending 2nd at the moment.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
To me at least it was not obvious that this game was going to be anything else than just another online TPS and since it was online it was going to be plagued with insane micro-transactions and likely broken (as in bug ridden, not as in not enough server capability).
Sony did not push this game at all. They had the preorders numbers and they must have been too low to bother making a huge marketing campaign. After 8 years of development, they were just happy to break even 😅

This is if the onboarding is well organized, where I work I heard it could take over a year for someone to be able to "just code" (we are working on a way to fix that ASAP).
They should use something standard instead of each studio makes their own code. What a mess. Every company needs servers.

looks like Palworld throne is secured for breakout online game of 2024 thus far.
No one cares about your fucking Palworld anymore.

COD is going down next
Screenshot_20240212_151047_Samsung Internet.jpg

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
looks like Palworld throne is secured for breakout online game of 2024 thus far.

Imagine saying Pokemon is the game you play when someone is talking about God of War. Same comparison. Mobile games do way more than these games and no one gives a fuck. The main competitors are other shooters and AAA games here. No one even hates Palworld from the PS community, and most won't even care if it gets released today on PS.

Happy for them but man they need to pay me $50/hour at least to force me to play that garbage.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Sony did not push this game at all. They had the preorders numbers and they must have been too low to bother making a huge marketing campaign. After 8 years of development, they were just happy to break even 😅
But how did it get so viral so fast? I guess this is similar to Palworld, people started talking about it and told their buddies to join, then their buddies told their friends, family and dogs to jump in and somehow even their little sisters decided they wanted to play as well.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
But how did it get so viral so fast? I guess this is similar to Palworld, people started talking about it and told their buddies to join, then their buddies told their friends, family and dogs to jump in and somehow even their little sisters decided they wanted to play as well.
Did you try the Activity Card quick play on PS5? You can bypass all the menus with that.

For the game, I think it's just that good. The first night after playing my mind was racing non stop. All I wanted was to go back in the game. It's the full package.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
What new online game has the potential to do 2 million concurrent players on steam coming out this year? None.
Can you provide a single piece of evidence from before Palworld's launch that people knew it was going to do 2m ccus? No? Guess it's because it's hard to judge success, hence why your statement is fundamentally stupid and shortsighted.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Can you provide a single piece of evidence from before Palworld's launch that people knew it was going to do 2m ccus? No? Guess it's because it's hard to judge success, hence why your statement is fundamentally stupid and shortsighted.
Palworld has the second most concurrents players on steam of all time! No game is doing that this year. Palworld is such a outlier its crazy