Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
I think I’m mostly done with this too. Not too crazy about it. Glad people are enjoying it but I sorta don’t intend to stick around as a hardcore player. I got nothing bad to say… just think the gameplay loop is repetitive after one game and the resource scrounging hurts pacing and is not something I’m motivated to do at all.
K planetsmasher 2.0

• haha
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You can't make this up lmfao. Everything bad Jim, Everything good kaz. This place sometimes
I'm not making stuff up, it's a fact based on simple logic. Jim Ryan became CEO in April 2019 (announced in February), Hermen became head of PS Studios in November 2019. Games started before that weren't greenlighted by them. Games started after that were greenlighted by them.

PS Destruction AllStars got released in February 2021 but was annonced as PS launch game (November 2020) and got delayed. Meaning, it wasn't greenlighted by them, the game was almost completed when they got their current positions. They just game the team extra time to see if they could improve it.

Considering AAA games take around half a dozen years to be made it's totally impossible PS Destruction AllStars could have been greenlighted by Jim or Hermen.

Same goes with Helldivers 2, which got greenlighted around 2016. And all their titles we know were under development before April/November 2019. All the games we know started their development after April/November 2019 were greenlighted by them.

Example: instead of delaying TLOU2 even more, ND decided somewhere in 2019 to branch out Factions 2 to a standalone game in 2019 but we don't know exactly when. So could have been greenlighted by Jim and Hermen or not.

But we know ND is now working in multiple new SP games, and there's at least one started around early 2021 and other around early 2023. Both of them greenlighted by Jim and Hermen. We know Wolverine has the Morales team and started to work on it after they shipped Morales, so it was greenlighted by Jim and Hermen.

Spider-Man 2 instead was headed by the Spider-Man 1 team and started to work on it after they shipped Spider-Man 1 in September 2018, so it was greenlighted before them. The Horizon Online game director was hired in 2018 to work on it, so it was greenlighted before them.

We know games shipped in 2022 (GoWR, HFW, GT7...), 2021 (Destruction All Star, Returnal, Rift Apart...), 2020 (Dreams, GoT, TLOU2, Morales, Sackboy, Demon's Souls, Astro's Playroom...) and 2019 (Days Gone, Blood & Truth, Death Stranding...) couldn't be greenlighted by them, but the next games of these teams were:

Next GoW set in a new mythology, Horizon 3, GT8, next Housemarque game, next Ratchet, next Media Molecule game, GoT2, next Team Asobi game, Bend's new IP (first pitch they sent to Sony after DG), Death Stranding 2 & Physint, maybe London Studio's new IP (depending on when they did start) etc. were also greenlighted by Jim and Hermen.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Destruction All Stars came so early in the generation that it’s easy to write off.

Gran Turismo and MLB are iterative. There’s very little to change to make them service platforms. Most iterative IPs can do this if there's player demand for your game. Halo -> Destiny, Monster Hunter to MonHun World and Wilds … and of course the granddaddy of them all — STREET FIGHTER II. These are still the same games they always were.

I mark the true start of the initiative with the Bungie purchase and the release of Helldivers. An actual product release. The next major release is probably Marathon and I expect Concord and other games shortly thereafter.

These games take near decades to make now. And Sony’s executive turnover is shorter than most dev times too with Jim Ryan, if I recall, having a longer career than most.

It’s about actually delivering products and Helldivers is the first product delivered under their current live service initiative and it’s been a tremendous success for everyone. Partnerships for exclusives like Foamstars and GranBlue are part of this too.

High risk, high reward game development. Stuff like yearly, if not quarterly, review panels should be conducted.

Once again, we have Suicide Squad as the new best example of how this can all go horribly wrong.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
Do we know which ones are fps?
I know concord is FPS. I thought Fair games was FPS. But that's a 3 person looters game. But after Hell divers success witb Sony 3rd person template. That could change.

Knowing how lazy the industry is.A whole bunch of company's trying to reverse theit gaas game templates. A whole bunch of copy cat clones about to drop soon.

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
Are they morons with no PC? Get a PS5 if not lol
The core Xbox guys are dude shooter bros. PS just lookimg at these fools like money that will convert.

Even after acquiring COD.To fix your mouth and beg for another shooter is crazy. Media should be shaming the Xbox brand. 2 years in courts.

Where is Halo & Gears. What have they been doing? And to beg for PS exclusives. Where are the podcast about where are Halo & Gears?

Went from PS should create MP. To now give us your MP after we spent 80billion on COD. Lack of pressure on this Xbox brand is crazy.

Last edited:

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Helldivers 2 just passed 300k as of 16:10 UTC at the same time yesterday it was at 226k~ so its ahead by 70k~
Another way to look at it is that the game managed to hit 300k almost 4 hours faster than yesterday.

Sure it's weekday vs weekend, but it gives a general idea of how fast things are climbing today.
Servers are going to melt and hit capacity way earlier than the NA peak time.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Helldivers 2 just passed 300k as of 16:10 UTC at the same time yesterday it was at 226k~ so its ahead by 70k~
Another way to look at it is that the game managed to hit 300k almost 4 hours faster than yesterday.

Sure it's weekday vs weekend, but it gives a general idea of how fast things are climbing today.
Servers are going to melt and hit capacity way earlier than the NA peak time.

After climbing over COD 3 games combined under one title I really don't care much about CCU after that. I just wanna see the tears and salt in the xbox community seeing that $80B was just a waste of money and time. More shooters will eat players from competitors, Sony should regret feeding the monster that's CoD instead of fostering their own IP's.

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
After climbing over COD 3 games combined under one title I really don't care much about CCU after that. I just wanna see the tears and salt in the xbox community seeing that $80B was just a waste of money and time. More shooters will eat players from competitors, Sony should regret feeding the monster that's CoD instead of fostering their own IP's.
I always said PS only needs 5-10% of this shooter market. That's all they need. And over time with more shooters.COD ,Forgive numbers will shrink. And these free to play games can die out.

Lets hope Concord and Fairgames are good.
1/3 aint bad. By 3/3 being a hit pffff I don't see it. Unless thorough work has gone into those games. And PS know there are gaps for the games they are building.

I was buying the game regardless. But Hell Diver trailers under sold the game. I dont know why these companies not do this more. By not giving out free copies to reviewers was an excellent move. Let the players decide how fun the game was. Social media Tiktoks ,FB is blowing up this game.

And in the end mainstream media will follow trends and can't lie that the game isn't good or fun and make goofy comparison to game X.
The people spoke first. It's all word of mouth organic growth.

Last edited:

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
And these free to play games can die out.

F2P games will never die, they're a proven business model at this point.

1/3 aint bad. By 3/3 being a hit pffff I don't see it.
Unless thorough work has gone into those games. And PS know there are gaps for the games they are building.

Chances that all of them become moderate to big hits are very slim.
Concord is also a PvP MP shooter, a particular subset of shooters that is EXTREMELY competitive.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Concord is also a PvP MP shooter, a particular subset of shooters that is EXTREMELY competitive.
I don't have too much faith in Concord but we shall see.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

That's a myth. People keep saying this stuff. When fortnite release everyone wrote it off just to blew up(I still remember bots on gaf making fun of it cause pubg was xbox exclusive 😆)
Same with helldivers. The list goes on.

If the game is good. Its good.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
That's a myth. People keep saying this stuff. When fortnite release everyone wrote it off just to blew up(I still remember bots on gaf making fun of it cause pubg was xbox exclusive 😆)
Same with helldivers. The list goes on.

If the game is good. Its good.
I remember that. They were saying that Fortnite was shit and would clown you for bringing it up. They were hyping the shit out of PUBG. Look at it now. Lol

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I always said PS only needs 5-10% of this shooter market. That's all they need. And over time with more shooters.COD ,Forgive numbers will shrink. And these free to play games can die out.

1/3 aint bad. By 3/3 being a hit pffff I don't see it.
Unless thorough work has gone into those games. And PS know there are gaps for the games they are building.

I was buying the game regardless. But Hell Diver trailers under sold the game. I dont know why these companies not do this more. But not giving out free copies to reviewers was excellent move. Let the players decide how fun the game was. Social media Tiktoks ,FB is blowing up this game.

And in the end mainstream media will follow trends and can't lie that the game isn't good or fun and make goofy comparison to game X.
The people spoke first. It's all word of mouth organic growth.

Sony needs to bring back Socom. If Socom was done right by the right team, it could be big on PC. PC fans love tactical shooters.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don't really have an opinion on the game, we know next to nothing about it.
Until the official gameplay reveal, possibly at the June Showcase, the game is a mystery to me.
That coupled with this whole "bringing ppl together" cliche angle is what has tempered my faith but as I said "we shall see" because not too much is known.

Last edited: