Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I finally was able to complete a mission, with @Bryank75

But got kicked from the group after it, not sure if on purpose or if it was a bug (it's one of the known issues, some people get randomly kicked when in the ship).

The matchmaking seems to be flawlessly and super fast.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I finally was able to complete a mission, with @Bryank75

But got kicked from the group after it, not sure if on purpose or if it was a bug (it's one of the known issues, some people get randomly kicked when in the ship).

The matchmaking seems to be flawlessly and super fast.
It's on purpose 😏
Btw, he mentions to be getting great support from the Sony server programmers:

Sony was able to add 100k today, let see if they can add another for tomorrow

Video Game Fire GIF by Naughty Dog

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's weird, now sometimes crashes just after starting the mission, sometimes when having played it for 20 minutes or so.

439,411 Steam CCU right now, servers should start being saturated. But the login and matchmaking seems to work well, and rewards when being able to complete a mission (rare case) works too.

It's on purpose 😏
Who knows, you weren't there.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
It's weird, now sometimes crashes just after starting the mission, sometimes when having played it for 20 minutes or so.

439,411 Steam CCU right now, servers should start being saturated. But the login and matchmaking seems to work well, and rewards when being able to complete a mission (rare case) works too.

Who knows, you weren't there.
So it seems like the game peaked? It didn’t get 500,000 CCU tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman

Nope, was 161 less than last record. But for some reason it's rising again and now it's at 446,922. I think it already hit 700-800K combined with PS5 players, with this number now being more accurate vs people leaving the game logged in for days. Last time it hit 500K combined according to the CEO.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Nah, as I said the game constantly crashes, frequently kicking players out of the game. Pretty likely happens because something breaks (pretty likely related to some database) when reaching certain CCU number.

So even if they increase the CCU limit in the servers, the game may not reach such limit because keeps kicking people when reaching that point.

Very likely they need to split databases in different ones to spread out the amount of queries per second each part receive. Plus to optimize connections doing stuff like instead of connecting every time you need something, to pack the queries sent by a player and send them with a minimal time space between them.

Meaning, if a players connects to the databases 3 times per second, maybe allow him to connect maximum every 10 seconds or something like that and send the packed queries of the last 10 seconds (in this case maximum 30).

As they keep doing optimizations, less stuff will get saturated so will be able to get more CCU playing without breaking stuff.

As soon as they fix that, more players will be able to play and the peak CCU record will become higher. But that require work and time, I don't think they'll fix it until Monday or Tuesday being optimistic.

Until then I think the CCU peak for every day will remain more or less where it is, maybe a bit under that. Being opmistic, around Tuesday they fix this and raise the CCU during the week slowly (if nothing else breaks) until reaching 1M Thurday or Friday. So they could reach around 500K during the weekend. But this is being optimistic, being more realistic it could take more time, probably a week to properly fix it (split into different updates, improving slowly).

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
So looking at the Steam stats, the believable sales estimates I feel it's safe to put the game at between 3.96-4.28 million sold on Steam. The Steamspy estimate is stupid and unrealistic, they seem to overestimate on every game they track.

Assuming the UK's assumed split of what, 55/45 Steam/PS5 holds true, then PS5 sales could be between 3.385 - 3.659 million. Meaning so far total sales could be between 7.345 - 7.939 million, realistically, between both platforms. Or a low-end revenue total of $317.56 million (if everyone only bought the $40 version; discounts of those getting it slightly cheaper on Steam offset by those buying the more expensive version on Steam & PS5) in B2P sales.

That is insanely good for what to many people is a brand new IP, as it'd practically be at 8 million right now. It could very well do 10 million between both platforms in its first month of being on sale.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So looking at the Steam stats, the believable sales estimates I feel it's safe to put the game at between 3.96-4.28 million sold on Steam. The Steamspy estimate is stupid and unrealistic, they seem to overestimate on every game they track.

Assuming the UK's assumed split of what, 55/45 Steam/PS5 holds true, then PS5 sales could be between 3.385 - 3.659 million. Meaning so far total sales could be between 7.345 - 7.939 million, realistically, between both platforms. Or a low-end revenue total of $317.56 million (if everyone only bought the $40 version; discounts of those getting it slightly cheaper on Steam offset by those buying the more expensive version on Steam & PS5) in B2P sales.

That is insanely good for what to many people is a brand new IP, as it'd practically be at 8 million right now. It could very well do 10 million between both platforms in its first month of being on sale.
honestly i'm surprised sony hasn't announced a number

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Don't know quite what to make of the NA peak being only slightly larger than the EU peak today, this goes against the entirety of the curve since the game's release.

Either US folks on PC have got their fill of the game and have started playing the game less or...
EU people went to sleep, more and more console casuals(that would make a larger piece of the pie in the US "stole" those spots from PC as more and more people from NA logged on on PS5 and the cap was hit.

We'll just have to see how this shakes out tomorrow and in the first few days of the next week to see what's the new normal.

The new CEO probably doesn't even know that it was successful 🤣

He wouldn't really be in charge of making these sorts of decisions, but it's a funny thought indeed lol.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I don’t think it’s done 2 million yet let alone 4 even across all platforms. Probably close to 2 at this point. Steamspy estimates are bogus as are most multipliers people will use to guess. The lowest estimates on those trackers are usually the closest, and even then they’re bs.

I’d also expect that milestone to have been announced.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I don’t think it’s done 2 million yet let alone 4 even across all platforms. Probably close to 2 at this point. Steamspy estimates are bogus as are most multipliers people will use to guess. The lowest estimates on those trackers are usually the closest, and even then they’re bs.

With a 800K CCU today across both platforms it has no doubt sold around 3-4 million easily.

2 million would mean 40% of owners are playing the game at the current time which is unrealistic.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

458k CCU peak that isn't Day 1(this is important, because a lot of people would've dropped the game by this point)
134k Steam reviews
171k in Total

No game on PC with these numbers would ever sell this poorly.
In your scenario, 450k people would be playing on PC 2 weeks in and only what, 1-1.3 million copies sold on Steam?
These numbers don't make sense.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

See, far more reasonable than estimates of 8 million.

Breaking 5 million in launch window (3-6 months) would be huge and will most likely hit that milestone.

Length of player sessions as well as server issues muddying how many people are actually playing etc… make this one a bit challenging to gauge. I won’t line this up with Palworld’s run for instance and expect similar cumulative sales.

Last edited: