Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
See, far more reasonable than estimates of 8 million.
Breaking 5 million in launch window (3-6 months) would be huge and will most likely hit that milestone.

It really feels like we'll just have to wait until the next earnings report in May to close out the FY to get some numbers.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It really feels like we'll just have to wait until the next earnings report in May to close out the FY to get some numbers.

Player engagement for this has been made a little messy due to server issues on steam keeping players in queue bloating player session length with idle time etc.

As server issues start being remedied you’re not seeing it break its day to day as it was. Thing is… it could still be trending upward and this a data correction of sorts like I mentioned earlier and our data kinda just started fucked. I didn’t think this was a legitimate thing and I forget who first mentioned it here, but it’s not without merit I’d think.

So with that tweet, I want to say close 1.5 - 1.7 sold on pc so far.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I was wondering if a staggered released would’ve benefit the game.

Meaning what tho?

Launch on console first. Iron out launch woes, etc… launch pc version 1-3 months later with pc optimization woes in mind.

However, that’s if X game is received well. A bad game would only do worse with a later launch. A great game would be exciting to look forward to no matter what.

It can be argued that steam hype helps sell this game on PlayStation too. The grassroots campaign is what’s hype here. So the pains of launch may still be and are worth it. I figure some will perceive that as 1.5 million helldivers copies taken away from PlayStation but that’s ridiculous.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Meaning what tho?

Launch on console first. Iron out launch woes, etc… launch pc version 1-3 months later with pc optimization woes in mind.

However, that’s if X game is received well. A bad game would only do worse with a later launch. A great game would be exciting to look forward to no matter what.

It can be argued that steam hype helps sell this game on PlayStation too. The grassroots campaign is what’s hype here. So the pains of launch may still be and are worth it. I figure some will perceive that as 1.5 million helldivers copies taken away from PlayStation but that’s ridiculous.

Games like this always do much better on PC, they love extraction shooters

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Which is why I think Sony should strongly consider bringing back Socom. It can be big on PC if it’s done right.
I would loveeeeee socom!!! And hell yes it can be huge!!! Just give it great devs, proper budget and well thought out and it could be as big as CSgo on PC.

Reactions: Muddasar
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Arrowhead CEO: "I'm really happy and proud of the Arrowhead team for an amazing Achievement, the servers handled all Helldivers 2 players this weekend without problem. Now we have time to focus on improvements to the title and resume our original plan. Many exciting things upcoming!"​

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
3 million in about a week isn’t great for a small team. That’s about 120 million in revenue and who knows how many battle pass things have been bought.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
3 million in about a week isn’t great for a small team. That’s about 120 million in revenue and who knows how many battle pass things have been bought.

It’s pretty huge.

The console success for an Extraction game is super important too. There’s a lot of them down the pike and the strong console performance makes future prospects also exciting.

Being strictly pve it can carve itself a nice corner to itself as well. As all others are pvpve mostly? Arc Raiders might be the most similar coming from the The Finals devs.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS
24 Jun 2022

Meaning what tho?

No, but assuming if your estimate of 3-4 million were accurate and 1.5 million were on Steam, it's possible at least 25% of those Steam purchases would've been PS5 versions if the game didn't have a Steam version at launch.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
What?? I'm sure the team would have been even happy with a million lol.

A month ago none of us or anyone at Arrowhead / Sony would have guessed it would sell 3 million in 2+ weeks.

And games don't stop selling after 3 weeks.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
The tweet also implies it could be higher than 3 million.
I took it as the dev is cosigning the figure that's how that emoji is used on Twitter. It's obviously not up to him to reveal numbers so he's being vague.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Whatever the steam CCU is, remember to x2 it for real server loads. I think the game easily sold 3+ millions, that tweet isn't that much telling of real numbers but more like a cheeky response.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

In the UK physical charts, Helldivers 2 is now up to No.4 with sales up 20% in its third week. That’s 2 consecutive weeks of rises (which is very rare).​

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The tweet also implies it could be higher than 3 million.
The game achieved a 700-800K CCU peak and has 174K user reviews in Steam. Combining both platforms super likely sold over 6M units until now, being optimistic maybe even over 8M.

That would mean a revenue of 240-320M + warbonds + super citizen upgrades + microtransactions, maybe a total revenue of 300-400M being conservative, in barely a couple weeks.

And it will continue selling game and addons during years. It's a huge hit.

3 million in a week + battle passes + microtransactions is huge even for a big AAA game. Only a few games achieve that.

It's an insane achievement for a game leaded by a 100 people studio, means the game already is profitable on its first month and all the future revenue they will generate (minus what they spend in post-launch content and servers) will be pure profit.

Many AAA games didn't achieve 3M not only in their first week: they never achieved it on their entire life cycle. And most of them didn't have addons.

And pretty likely Helldivers 2 went well beyond that, probably is at 6-8M now because in addition of selling around 3M on Steam also did it in PS5.

Last edited: