Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1706629044946.png

Helldivers 2 (stylised as Helldivers II) is an upcoming third-person shooter developed by Arrowhead Game Studios and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. The game is the sequel to 2015's Helldivers, which was a top-down shooter. It is scheduled to release for PlayStation 5 and Windows on 8 February 2024.

Helldivers 2 release time
February 8
  • 1am PT
  • 4am ET
  • 9am GMT
  • 10am CET

Trailers:

Previews: (will be updated closer to release)

Reviews:

1707787109831.png

1707791233081.png

John-Paul Jones
John-Paul Jones
PlayStation Universe
Top Critic
9 / 10.0
Feb 12, 2024
There's no getting around it - Helldivers 2 is a supremely fun, frequently unintentionally hilarious and bombastic squad shooter that builds upon its predecessor and deftly sets up a long-term future in the process. Though the lack of split-screen is keenly felt and Helldivers 2 is by and large identical to its predecessor in so many ways, Arrowhead Studios highly anticipated sequel nonetheless does a great job of repackaging a shooter that not nearly enough people played into a thunderous current-gen offering that sets a new bar for extraction shooters everywhere.
Read full review

Twinfinite
Cameron Waldrop
Twinfinite
Top Critic
4 / 5.0
Feb 12, 2024
The beauty of Helldivers 2 is in its simplicity. You’re just a single soldier tasked with the impossible job of contributing to a whole galaxy’s defense. But that’s also where the game shines, as you don’t play as Commander Shepard or someone massively important. You’re essentially just a grunt who survives long enough to get better gear and further fulfill their duty. Whether you want to sink hours into the war effort or just take on a few missions, this game is perfect for as much or as little as you want to give it.
Read full review

TheGamer
Sam Hallahan
TheGamer
Top Critic

Feb 12, 2024
After all of this, I got what I was expecting from the game: a damn fun time. What I didn’t expect, however, is to be thinking about it so much after each game, wanting to dive right back into hell with others alongside me. I can’t wait to get better at the game, face bigger threats, to see what planets this galaxy holds, and just what each planet will throw my way. I’m not one to often fall into multiplayer experiences, but even with a quickly-resolved rocky launch, Helldivers 2 is a strong and careful foundation for the beginnings of a flagship multiplayer experience of 2024 and, if it bears the strength of its launch, into the years to come.
Read full review

But Why Tho?
Matt Sowinski
But Why Tho?

8.5 / 10.0
Feb 12, 2024
The gunplay is fantastic, the gameplay loop is satisfying, and the reward progression is consistent. Its live service plans are its biggest question moving forward, but right now, Helldivers 2 is a ton of fun.
Read full review

The Game Crater
Chris Melnyk
The Game Crater

8 / 10.0
Feb 12, 2024
Helldivers 2 offers players a bountiful amount of rich and engaging content, from varied and exciting missions to satisfying gunplay and engrossing progression systems.
Read full review

Cerealkillerz
Nick Erlenhof
Cerealkillerz

8.4 / 10.0
Feb 12, 2024
Helldivers 2 is great co-op fun for fans of action and alien bugs. It's mindless fun in its purest form and a credit to the developers for refining the basics of the gameplay so well. However, when it comes to the content, the game stops surprising pretty quickly and becomes a marathon of killing thousands of enemies and repeating familiar missions. But there is plenty of potential for surprises and innovations in the future, especially after the difficult server launch.
Review in German | Read full review

Daily Star
Tom Hutchison
Daily Star
Top Critic

Feb 10, 2024
All in, this is great fun, albeit slightly limited in its longevity. While there are unlocks to push for, the core game remains largely the same from the off.
Read full review

$50 gift card and game rules info:

Hello all,

On behalf of Iconera, The Founders, Management and Staff we welcome you and are happy to conduct our first $50 giveaway in 2024. The contest is for the person who correctly guesses the metacritic meta average of the upcoming Helldivers 2 video game.

Rules are simple:
- Can only vote once via the poll
- Participants cannot be part of management, staff or a founder.
-if more than one person picks the closest meta score @Bryank75 will randomly choose winner
-Winner will be picked on Feb 12th, 2024 to allow metacritic scores to settle in.
-Must vote by February 7th, 2024. Game drops on February 8th, 2024.
-Please let us know you voted in the comments section with a score. Poll has ranges but those who choose the right score will win.
-Prize will be in the form of a $50 gift card. Not everyone has a PS5 and we wanted to include all and have flexibility.

*Review embargo is Feb 6th, 2024 at 5pm.eastern therefor we will not be accepting anymore reviews past today.

Good luck to all participants and we are excited to find out who finally wins!

Also big thanks to those that donated to make this happen @Sircaw @PropellerEar @Bryank75 @Satoru @Gamernyc78

Attachments

• 1707389381738.png
    1707389381738.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 1707510867939.png
    1707510867939.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
84%

Spot On Van Gerwen GIF by VNOM Technisch Uitzendbureau | We get the job done

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That one is pretty hard to guess.
I’m something between 80 and 89.
Choose 85-90.
Exactly, we thought about it and chose Helldivers because it's definitely not an easy guess.

Good luck!