Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Stop saying this stupid argument. No one cares about having to create an account. They will do so begrudgingly. What people are caring about is the 177 countries that just lost access to the game because Sony sold in their region all the while knowing they do not support them.

It has been clear from the start there will be a PSN linkage on the Steam page and boot up of the game. The first wave of grifters did not mention any of this, if complaints it's coming from anyone from said excluded country and can't play anymore I can understand but it's weird Steam then offers a title that has specific requirements in their database to countries that are excluded.

Also there are 195 countries and PSN is supported in around 70 countries. The fact you are validating threats is baffling and strange to me.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
It has been clear from the start there will be a PSN linkage on the Steam page and boot up of the game. The first wave of grifters did not mention any of this, if complaints it's coming from anyone from said excluded country and can't play anymore I can understand but it's weird Steam then offers a title that has specific requirements in their database to countries that are excluded.

Also there are 195 countries and PSN is supported in around 70 countries. The fact you are validating threats is baffling and strange to me.
Literally nowhere did I validate threats so stop that bullshit right now. In fact, I said it was from Grummz, the failure of a developer.

Here

It has been clear from the start. So tell me why Sony chose to sell in regions that they don't support??? You can't, because it doesn't make any sense.

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
I have seen all these talking points at the exact same time. They're all valid, but acting as if your data is secure in the first place is stupid.
One of the most liked comments in the Helldivers 2 reviews was about the hack attacks that Sony suffered, it had hundreds of likes, the narrative about unavailable countries only developed when more information came out. Countries being unavailable is a valid thing, but since they made it impossible to buy and will return the money to those who paid, there is no longer any reason for all of this. No, no platform is 100% secure, certainly most people who are claiming privacy and security use the same email for everything and use Google or Outlook

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
One of the most liked comments in the Helldivers 2 reviews was about the hack attacks that Sony suffered, it had hundreds of likes, the narrative about unavailable countries only developed when more information came out. Countries being unavailable is a valid thing, but since they made it impossible to buy and will return the money to those who paid, there is no longer any reason for all of this. No, no platform is 100% secure, certainly most people who are claiming privacy and security use the same email for everything and use Google or Outlook
There is a reason for it. Just because Steam is forcing refunds doesn't mean Sony should be let off the hook for bait and switching entire countries. Name one other company who has done what Sony just did in the gaming industry? This is unprecedented. I have never seen such incompetence. They chose to sell in regions they don't support to later de-list it from those countries.

Anyone crying about their data is gullible.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
There is a reason for it. Just because Steam is forcing refunds doesn't mean Sony should be let off the hook for bait and switching entire countries. Name one other company who has done what Sony just did in the gaming industry? This is unprecedented. I have never seen such incompetence. They chose to sell in regions they don't support to later de-list it from those countries.

Anyone crying about their data is gullible.
Yes, Sony was very incompetent in this case, if they had imposed the use of your account from the beginning, none of this would have happened (in fact, it was supposed to be like this, but the launch problems postponed these plans). But don't confuse the anti-Sony reaction with people who are really upset because they won't be able to play anymore, which is the minority (and I don't know if the initiative to remove the game from countries without PSN support came from Sony itself or Steam, in case this came from Steam, I don't know how they would resolve this)

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Literally nowhere did I validate threats so stop that bullshit right now. In fact, I said it was from Grummz, the failure of a developer.

Here

It has been clear from the start. So tell me why Sony chose to sell in regions that they don't support??? You can't, because it doesn't make any sense.
What has you denouncing Grummz to do with it, my comment was about Steam dorks harassing/threatening devs. You basically imply if you are from said countries it's valid to send threats instead of just getting your refund or wait till it's implemented and there is a solution.

''You can't?'' What is this weird phrasing, your comment doesn't make any sense. Last I heard Sony is not the owner of the marketplace, Steam is the middle man here that's why they get their 30% cut for logistics. Again it has been on the Steam page from day one that PSN is required.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
And all of this is only happening because there are people who don't want to take 5 minutes of their time to create an account. I hope everything ends well for everyone
FUCK THEM PC PLAYERS, they don't want to take 3 minutes to create an account but they surely want to take 10+ minutes to write a text of a bad review just to hurt the game and developers, despite them not even being from the areas affected by lack of PSN avaliability

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I live in England , I have a playstation account , I've never once been asked for governments identification or a picture of my face stop fucking lying
It started with the new law in 2023.
Old account are not affected.
But new one needs to comprove age with ID or facial recognition.

It is a UK law to all online operators.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
This is not me moving a goal post. There is much more nuance to what is going on, it is more than just "wahhh, I don't wanna make a psn account"

I already have my own pre-existing account.
yeah, the "nuance" is a bunch of people from the Americas and Europe creating fake overblowing reactions to try to make Sony revert something that was always intended to happen since day one, something that all other publishers in the industry do for online games, the concerns were never about these countries

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
What has you denouncing Grummz to do with it, my comment was about Steam dorks harassing/threatening devs. You basically imply if you are from said countries it's valid to send threats instead of just getting your refund or wait till it's implemented and there is a solution.

''You can't?'' What is this weird phrasing, your comment doesn't make any sense. Last I heard Sony is not the owner of the marketplace, Steam is the middle man here that's why they get their 30% cut for logistics. Again it has been on the Steam page from day one that PSN is required.
"You basically imply if you are from said countries it's valid to send threats instead of just getting your refund or wait till it's implemented and there is a solution."

literally no where did I ever imply this.

Steam is a storefront, they don't choose where it sells, Sony does, they are the publisher.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
FUCK THEM PC PLAYERS, they don't want to take 3 minutes to create an account but they surely want to take 10+ minutes to write a text of a bad review just to hurt the game and developers, despite them not even being from the areas affected by lack of PSN avaliability
Okay bud, I'm tired of your disingenuousness. Did you even know the developers literally ASKED for the refunds and negative reviews because it gave them more sway with Sony when in discussions? Did you? I doubt you did. You don't seem like you want to look into it deeper than surface level from an echo chamber.

I already have my pre-existing PSN account, most don't give a fuck about needing to create an account, they won't like it, but they'll do it anyways (a la rockstar, ubisoft, etc) They're mainly talking about those effected in the 177 countries that were sold the game then got delisted.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I've just done it to test it & they confirmed I meet the required age , simple
If you choose to verify via phone number you probably already have verified age it (because your phone carrier already has all your data) but that only works for UK phone numbers…

IMG-0347.png

IMG-0348.png

But if you choose others…

IMG-0349.png

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Okay bud, I'm tired of your disingenuousness. Did you even know the developers literally ASKED for the refunds and negative reviews because it gave them more sway with Sony when in discussions? Did you? I doubt you did. You don't seem like you want to look into it deeper than surface level from an echo chamber.

I already have my pre-existing PSN account, most don't give a fuck about needing to create an account, they won't like it, but they'll do it anyways (a la rockstar, ubisoft, etc) They're mainly talking about those effected in the 177 countries that were sold the game then got delisted.
There's a bit more to that. It's selling the game without enforcing that first.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023

How many minutes does it take to get to Fitgirl repacks? You seem well versed on the matter.

• haha
Reactions: Exicide

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
A bunch of kids extremists…
Now I understand why Xbots says they are PC players too lol

PS. Just to be clear most Steam and Xbox users are not like these weirdo that just vocal shame their user bases…