Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
At this point it's just looking like self-sabotage. I'd like to know what specific investors & shareholders Sony Corp and Microsoft have in common, or previous Xbox suits that've joined SIE.

Also kind of known that Kenichiro Yoshida and Satya Nadella are "good pals". Just too much cross-pollination funk for all of SIE's missteps the past couple of years to be coincidences. But even if such a crazy theory doesn't bear fruit, at the very least they seem to have stopped caring about good brand optics with the enthusiast press, public and their fanbase.

Sad to see the rot, but it is 100% there.

Do you remember the leaked email? I wouldn’t be surprised if they was behind all of this mess.
Jr5hYSs.jpg

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
24 Jun 2022
Do you remember the leaked email? I wouldn’t be surprised if they was behind all of this mess.
Jr5hYSs.jpg

Parts of this were in the back of my mind, but thanks for pulling up the receipt directly. If MS had a mutual making investments into Nintendo, I'm damn sure they've had a mutual buying shares into Sony Corp as well.

Definitely not unlikely that firms like ValueAct are the ones pushing Sony Corp to push SIE for unsustainable "market growth" to destabilize or weaken them ultimately for Microsoft's benefit. Hell, they admit to wanting that right here with Nintendo! Thankfully, Nintendo has protected shares owned by family members and other shares owned by Japanese banks so slime vulture investment firms like ValueAct can never truly compromise them.

It's not really the same with Sony Corp tho and while Microsoft couldn't buy Sony (Sony's a protected company under Japanese law), they could definitely use proxies like certain investment firms to compromise areas of companies like Sony, such as SIE. The fact Kenichiro Yoshida is "good pals" with Satya Nadella makes that an even greater sense of unease.

But people like you and I would get called conspiracy theorists for simply connecting pieces of information together using critical thinking skills of deduction, logic and reasonable probabilities. Always easier to throw a label on a perceived threat than to engage it honestly.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Yep, one of the biggest gaming youtubers just said PSN shouldn't be a thing in any multiplayer game going forward. And other big influencers will repeat the same sentiment. Everyone is allowed to have 3rd party accounts linked except Sony. No foresight as always

All playstation players should now complain about the online paywall on the console , if they're bending the knee to the steam players let's make em do something that benefits us

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
All playstation players should now complain about the online paywall on the console , if they're bending the knee to the steak players let's make em do something that benefits us
Not gonna work, would also require all the Nintendo switch online and GamePass core subscribers to complain. Good luck trying to get 80m+ people to band together.

Sony and Nintendo do it now because they saw Xbox get away with it. And now that all 3 are doing it, none of em will give up free money.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So I guess it's not so 'retarded' after all right? Also means console owners doing similar and 'speaking with their wallet' to get better features and support on the console wouldn't be so 'retarded' either 🤔...
Yes, review bombing is retarded.

Regarding people voting with their wallets, it's the main thing customers do everywhere: they put their money where they want, and later when companies analyze the market or results -mostly defined by these "votes" because at the end we're in a capilalist market- they take note and act accordingly.

In this case Sony sees that regarding wallet votes their console is performing better than everna and keeps increasing their market share. And in the particular case of game subs they are at record revenue levels and increasing their revenue. So they keep doing the same strategy.

They also see that GaaS/MP games receive the majority of these wallet votes, so they pushed to grow their 1st party in this area while also growing in the non-GaaS one.

They also saw that PC and mobile gaming generate more revenue (wallet votes) than PlayStation so they are working to grow there while also growing in console.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think this could be good for Sony overall, being available in all countries even without PS Store association. Have like regional stores for these countries just like they have on their mother company: Europe, Middle Ease, NA, South America, Asia, etc. So you have access to a regional store instead of wasting too much time having a store for each country.

US/UK digital sales are extremely inflated due to other parts of the world using their stores.
It should have both. Not all countries in the same region are equal financially.

One can have minimal wage of 100$ per month and the other 1000$, so which regional pricing it support?
People from all around the world can buy games on PSN and Steam, including both versions of Helldivers 2.

Regarding regional pricing, both PSN and Steam have different contry specific prices for their games. Both cover many countries and currencies for this flexible pricing, but not all the ones available all around the world. They are limited to the ones that provide them almost all their revenue.

There are many countries where they don't sell a shit and wouldn't sell anything in any case, so they ignore them because the effort isn't worth it for them.

There are different PSN stores tailored for different countries or regions for their main markets, and when you create a PSN acount you attach it to one of them, in the same way that your Steam account is also attached to a country. It means your pricing will be that one.

But you can create a PSN or Steam account from a country and buy games in that store even if you're in a different country. People has been doing that for many, many years.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Just fucking came to my mind.....So, all of a sudden all honest so called PC gamers ( and Xbots who are hiding behind it ) now remember TOS and how Steam will ban you and PSN will ban you and how you are violating a TOS. LOL

Just figure it out that Xbox Live is supported in even less countries than PSN, less than a 50. So, regarding Xbox Live and Steam, when you buy a Xbox game, Forza Horizon 5, you need to link Steam account to Xbox Live account. Since bunch of countries aren't supported by Xbox Live like Steam is, how, let's say South Korea, the South Korean Steam users are connecting to Xbox Live account then since XBL doesn't support South Korea??? Easy, nothing will happen. No one will ban you.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly