Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Yes, you just have to look at Yuniac here posting the same thing about PSN getting hacked with a pre-written list of dates or the fake concern for people in foreign countries getting banned. They all repeat each other and use the same arguments. It's the xbot playbook 101.

Social media robbed people of their ability to think for themselves.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
This is the most bizarre day in outrage gaming I’ve experienced. Its like everyone just got together and decided they wanted to bury helldivers 2 like some sacrificial lamb

Its like the game got too popular for peoples liking

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
The thing is HD2 required users to link a PSN account on day 1. Arrowhead must have removed that requirement afterward.
That doesn't change the fact that it was there. I don't understand why Sony and Arrowhead are now getting the shitstorm if some people don't inform themselves. The buyers didn't know beforehand that it would be temporarily switched off because the servers were overloaded. At least now they know that they have to link a PSN account for the multiplayer of Ghost of Tsushima, Concorde and probably Marathon.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
That doesn't change the fact that it was there. I don't understand why Sony and Arrowhead are now getting the shitstorm if some people don't inform themselves. The buyers didn't know beforehand that it would be temporarily switched off because the servers were overloaded. At least now they know that they have to link a PSN account for the multiplayer of Ghost of Tsushima, Concorde and probably Marathon.

That what I meant. The requirement was there, but was removed *temporarily* because of the server issues. My friend couldn't play the game without linking his PSN account on day 1.

All of this drama is internet lemmings following their troll leaders.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
So my friend started complaining about this just now. I asked if he remembered he had to link his PSN account on launch day because I remember him complaining back then. He confirmed that Steam required a PSN account to be linked on day 1.

He then complained about PSN getting hacked *all the time*. I think these guys are given a script, lol

Herd mentality

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
After all this hubbub you would have thought that the player count on steam would have cratered, but right now the game still has over 100k players. The loud minority of complainers will be back playing later tonight or Saturday morning at the latest.

Last edited:

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Screenshot-20240504-040130-Chrome.jpg

What a bunch of whiny cunts

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Then that means everyone that doesn't want a PSN because Sony's been hacked will now be deleting their Steam accounts, right? 😂😂
Who's going to make a list with all the dates Steam was hacked so we can use it as a template in every PC thread? Make one for Microsoft account while you're at it 😁

Screenshot-20240504-040130-Chrome.jpg

What a bunch of whiny cunts
Almost 112k playing on Steam. It doesn't seem to affect the players too much but I stopped checking awhile ago. Is that low for a Friday night?

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Then that means everyone that doesn't want a PSN because Sony's been hacked will now be deleting their Steam accounts, right? 😂😂

I hope we see all of them delete every online service that has been hacked at least once. It’s the right thing to do, right?

• thisistheway
Reactions: JAHGamer
24 Jun 2022
I saw his tweet insinuating the game had a good run 🙄 All the biggest accounts in gaming are signal boosting the outrage. It's another coordinated campaign to create as much damage as possible.

Valve must be wondering what's going on because they had this for every mp game without any issues before and now they have to deal with thousands of refund requests.

I hope Sony doesn't back down. They never do usually but we'll see.

You can't back down when you're not even present.

SIE have no Phil Spencer type constantly in the media or interacting publicly with the fanbase. This has been a growing problem for optics control/management.

No they don't need someone like Phil to the extent of having a cult of personality and being a bad CEO at their job. But they do need a head honcho who's a relatable face and controls messaging among the public for them. That's why they should bring back Kevin Butler as a real-life mascot and almost parody of a CEO & para-social relationships (as meta commentary). Make them faux-CEO of SIE.

But that'd require SIE to, you know, stop burying their head in the sand. It'd require them, y'know, actually start trying again.

Doesn't seem like they're too interested in doing that :S