Helldivers II launching at a $39.99 price point (PS Store & Steam)

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The gameplay actually looks fun, sadly I don't have any friends to play this with. I wonder if they allow ai squadmates for solo

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
WHAT!!!

$40?

Thats a instant double dip buy from me. I hope my save/progression goes across both versions. Who is going to group up for this game? Im pumped, this game gives off Starship troopers vibe and I want that in my life.

Who's coming with me........

starship-troopers-paul-verhoeven.gif

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
That price made sense for the previous game, but for this one feels a cheap price since it's more AAAish.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What a surprise. Im guessing they are not that confident in it?

Or they are being smart and realising if its cheaper, it equals more sales. And thats what online games need to survive

• thinking_hard
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
So according to you games like CoD, Destiny, Rainbow Six Siege, Gran Turismo 7, MLB or FIFA were DOA too?
So according to you Helldivers is a well established legacy Franchise with a built in devoted audience?

Zeno

28 Jun 2023
$39,99 is a price point where I would actually get it even though the release date is not ideal

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So according to you Helldivers is a well established legacy Franchise with a built in devoted audience?
The first one, a AA top down coop shooter got a 81/83 in Meta Critic and 82 in Open Critic (better than Starfield), and their sales were good enough for not only having both Sony and Arrowhead wanting a sequel, but to grow the studio to go AAA with the sequel and spend around 7 years developing it.

Last edited:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Looks good.

But coop aspect kills it for me due to my family and friends having bareley any interest in video games.

If they can make it viable for lone players i might pick it up.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
The first one, a AA top down coop shooter got a 81MC on PS4 and 83 in PC (better than Starfield), and their sales were good enough to want both Sony and Arrowhead a sequel, but to grow the studio to go AAA with the sequel and spend around 7 years developing it.
It's still silly to compare to those established AAA franchises 🤣.

It's basically a brand new IP all over again.