Helldivers what? Not being on ppls radar? Top Current Global Selling, wanted, wishlist Steam Games-Helldivers is # 5 🔥🔥 #1 Preorder in US/UK PSN

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I'm not a big Helldivers fan but what I've seen which is alot has me excited. So they are doing something right.

PC might be getting a little uplift not from marketing per say, but just maybe excitement over a sequel coming from excited OG players.

What do I mean by this?

Helldivers 2 Normal Edition is currently #10 with the Special Edition being #14

But if we look around a little and where it is the most popular relative to region
China: SE #6 / Reg #7
Singapore: SE #8 / Reg #6
Hong Kong: SE #7 / Reg # 11
Taiwan: SE #10 / Reg #11

Those would not be regions where State of Plays/youtube would be watched a lot, these are more PC centric countries.
This is almost certainly buzz from the older game and Word of Mouth being a thing.

What do those all have in common? Chinese as an official language.
In fact, if we look at the review breakdown by language of the Helldivers 1 we get this:

1. English 36.92%
2. Simple Chinese 36.70%
3. Korean 6.13%

If we add the Traditional Chinese(2.59%) more reviews are from Chinese speaking nations than from anyone who has set Steam on English.
The reviews for the game are also slightly more positive at 93%~ compared to English's 90%
I'll say, I did not expect this game to be that popular, but here it is.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
PC might be getting a little uplift not from marketing per say, but just maybe excitement over a sequel coming from excited OG players.

What do I mean by this?

Helldivers 2 Normal Edition is currently #10 with the Special Edition being #14

But if we look around a little and where it is the most popular relative to region
China: SE #6 / Reg #7
Singapore: SE #8 / Reg #6
Hong Kong: SE #7 / Reg # 11
Taiwan: SE #10 / Reg #11

Those would not be regions where State of Plays/youtube would be watched a lot, these are more PC centric countries.
This is almost certainly buzz from the older game and Word of Mouth being a thing.

What do those all have in common? Chinese as an official language.
In fact, if we look at the review breakdown by language of the Helldivers 1 we get this:

1. English 36.92%
2. Simple Chinese 36.70%
3. Korean 6.13%

If we add the Traditional Chinese(2.59%) more reviews are from Chinese speaking nations than from anyone who has set Steam on English.
The reviews for the game are also slightly more positive at 93%~ compared to English's 90%
I'll say, I did not expect this game to be that popular, but here it is.
Facts.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Helldivers 2 is #6 for top sellers on steam and climbing

IMG-3414.jpg

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Hopefully this game is a big hit on PC so Sony realizes the value of day and date releases. Game looks interesting since it's reveal and it seems it will receive free updates down the line which is great.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Hopefully this game is a big hit on PC so Sony realizes the value of day and date releases. Game looks interesting since it's reveal and it seems it will receive free updates down the line which is great.
Do you a flacid have to port beg for day and date releases on every PS thread?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's gaining much popularity and expectation all around. I told someone a game like this (although generally I'm not with the day and date PC release crowd) would benefit from a simultaneous PC launch.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
It's gaining much popularity and expectation all around. I told someone a game like this (although generally I'm not with the day and date PC release crowd) would benefit from a simultaneous PC launch.
I agree. I will be buying this on PC because it's the type of game I'd much rather play on PC. I don't support day and date in general, but for games like this I think there is massive upside.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I agree. I will be buying this on PC because it's the type of game I'd much rather play on PC. I don't support day and date in general, but for games like this I think there is massive upside.
For these live service offerings absolutely. The only thing they need to fix is to stop requiring PS plus on console or start requiring it on PC. The way it is at the moment you actually make it better for people outside your platform to play the game.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
For these live service offerings absolutely. The only thing they need to fix is to stop requiring PS plus on console or start requiring it on PC. The way it is at the moment you actually make it better for people outside your platform to play the game.
I agree. Part of it is that I won't have to resub to PS+ to play the game. They either need to move to a cheap, online play tier of PS+ for those that don't want the other features, or not require it at all for live service.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I agree. Part of it is that I won't have to resub to PS+ to play the game. They either need to move to a cheap, online play tier of PS+ for those that don't want the other features, or not require it at all for live service.
Or just make online free on Consoles and PC for their live service games, and then get the money out of costume packs, weapon stencils, and all that shit they make money off of.