Hi Fi Rush being stuck on Xbox/PC hampered the game's exposure

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
It's not the type of game that would be a system seller for the average person, but it was released on PS4, 5 and Switch as well in physical form it would have gotten the exposure it deserves.

Most people in Australia for example have the PS4/5 as their system of choice, fewer people game on Xbox platforms and fewer still on PC platforms. So if the PS4/5 and Switch got Hi Fi Rush I think it would've done wonders for the game.

This isn't the type of game that's going to entice the average person with their sub par taste to buy a system, but if they saw it cheap used they might give it a shot and that would be a good thing, not to mention PS4/5 and Switch gamers who don't do Xbox or PC would love this as this is the type of game many of us who are more into old school gaming absolutely love.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
It would have found some type of audience on PlayStation and reached more geographic areas.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I wouldn't rule out the possibility of this game getting a switch 2 release, just like others first party games like Ori were released on switch.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Extremely overrated game anyways. PlayStation only gamers missed out on nothing.
Yeah its more xbox media and constantly signaling/overhyping. Played on gamepass beat in 7 hr. Game was probably a 7 but then you just heard them screaming game of the year. Happens with every xbox release

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
It was a great game, not a masterpiece but the kind of games you need to give variety to a catalog.

8/10. Some nom combat sections felt too long and it would have benefited from being a straight character action game instead of rhythm based.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
HiFi Rush was amazing, one of my favorite games of 2023. I bought it day 1 on Steam and beat it twice. I feel bad for Tango, 5 years of hard work and their first non horror game, and it was shoved out like it was nothing! 😒

This game definitely deserves to get a physical release and I hope it goes to Switch 2 and PS5 in the future. It deserves a lot more than the few GamePass downloads it got.

Reactions: Shadow2027

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
On the other hand hardly anyone would give a shit about this game if it wasn't an Xbox exclusive being pushed so hard.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
On the other hand hardly anyone would give a shit about this game if it wasn't an Xbox exclusive being pushed so hard.
I disagree, it’s a modern classic and if it wasn’t for Xbox, it would be treated as such