Hi-Fi Rush Leaker Claims Starfield And Redfall's Development Is In "Rough Shape"

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
"It sounds like things might not be going as planned at Arkane and Bethesda.
Earlier this week, Ghostwire: Tokyo and The Evil Within developer Tango Gameworks managed to surprise everyone that tuned into the joint Xbox + Bethesda Developer Direct showcase. Not only did it announce Hi-Fi Rush, a game unlike anything it's ever made before, it also shadow dropped the title, making it available to play as soon as the show ended. It was a shock to pretty much everyone, apart from an insider going by the name of Horns that called the announcement and surprise release before the show even started.

Bouyed by the accurate information they received, Horns has made another claim, although this one is a lot less exciting (thanks Game Revolution). According to Horns, two of Xbox's heavy-hitters for 2023 are in pretty rough shape at the moment, those being Redfall and Starfield. They claim that both titles allegedly need more time in development than they're already getting, yet Microsoft is rushing both titles to try and mitigate the losses its suffered from its Azure cloud division."

https://www.thegamer.com/hi-fi-rush-leaker-claims-starfield-redfall-development-rough-shape/

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Just a little correction to OP.

This is where the Hi-Fi rush leak came from, not from "Horns".

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
The high that caused certain posters to resurface is about to be seriously deflated lol.

Hi-Fi Rush and Redfall to last them until Starfield is actually in a decent state. Redfall will be released regardless imo cos it looks pretty shite.

Maybe we should start taking bets on what happens first - Activision acquisition or Starfield release 😁

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
The high that caused certain posters to resurface is about to be seriously deflated lol.

Hi-Fi Rush and Redfall to last them until Starfield is actually in a decent state. Redfall will be released regardless imo cos it looks pretty shite.

Maybe we should start taking bets on what happens first - Activision acquisition or Starfield release 😁

Horns also mentioned Diablo is in rough state which is a surprise.
Anybody who is not biased can see that Redfall, Diablo and Starfield are not ready for prime time. Forza 8 too....

Diablo has tonnes of framerate issues, Starfield looks like it will be a jankfest ontop of it's ambition with rough framerates and animations, low rez textures everywhere and pretty much a last gen looking game. Redfall also has framerate issues, severe IQ issues with it's reconstruction and it's also lacking basic shadows. Forza well, if they barely you show you gameplay that looks about par to Forza 7, you know things are not as they say....

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Anybody who is not biased can see that Redfall, Diablo and Starfield are not ready for prime time. Forza 8 too....

Diablo has tonnes of framerate issues, Starfield looks like it will be a jankfest ontop of it's ambition with rough framerates and animations, low rez textures everywhere and pretty much a last gen looking game. Redfall also has framerate issues, severe IQ issues with it's reconstruction and it's also lacking basic shadows. Forza well, if they barely you show you gameplay that looks about par to Forza 7, you know things are not as they say....
Haven't seen much of Diablo, didn't realise it had so many issues.

Redfall is going to look like crap graphically, but Arkane games generally do. They have to get something out in the first half of the year so it will be that. It's barely going to sell anyway, especially at $70.

The Starfield presentation a few months back showed some glaring technical issues - frame rate, A.I., physics, animation etc so will be interesting to see what it looks like next time. Is there a date for that show?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: thelastword

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I fully expect Starfield to disappoint. It’ll not be the saving grace xbox fans believe it’ll be and it’ll fall victim to the hype. Being tread like the second coming is never a good thing.
believe me, they capping for 60 rating games. there is no tomorrow with Starfield. it will be pushed through the roof by media shills and parroted by ambassadors and other bottom feeders like adamsapple.
just look at Halo Infinite. 87, many goty awards, it is fucking joke of the game. Forspoken miles better than Halo and that got 69.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
believe me, they capping for 60 rating games. there is no tomorrow with Starfield. it will be pushed through the roof by media shills and parroted by ambassadors and other bottom feeders like adamsapple.
just look at Halo Infinite. 87, many goty awards, it is fucking joke of the game. Forspoken miles better than Halo and that got 69.
Haven't played Forspoken but I think a lot of the media hate it's getting (IGN's Playstation podcast says it's a dud) is because reviewers hate open world games and wish everything was a ten hour theme park ride (quick to review so they can go back to playing Slay the Spire.)

But not me, I will continue to think that dollar to hour ratio is a valid review note until the day I die.

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Haven't played Forspoken but I think a lot of the media hate it's getting (IGN's Playstation podcast says it's a dud) is because reviewers hate open world games and wish everything was a ten hour theme park ride (quick to review so they can go back to playing Slay the Spire.)

But not me, I will continue to think that dollar to hour ratio is a valid review note until the day I die.
Reviewers hate open world games now? I remember a time when single player games got lower scores because they were not open world...

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Reviewers hate open world games now? I remember a time when single player games got lower scores because they were not open world...
Yeah, in the 360 days maybe. Times have changed. Single player open world games (the "Ubisoft formula") are the bane of reviewers even though the general public loves them. And just so I am clear here, I am talking professional reviewers rather than user reviews.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
With the recent resurgence and interest in survival horro ala Callisto and DS Remake hope tango has Evil Within 3 in their pocket for prompt release. With a fan base established on ps already by Phil’s own words you’d expect a ps5 release right?

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
This is what you said about Hi-Fi Rush

How it turned out:

image.png

Expecting Redfall to be another 80+ scoring game based on how abysmal your track record is :ROFLMAO:
i never said hi-fi would score 60, just that in general a 60 game can very well be GOTY on xbox, as it was in 2022 (high on Life).

Redfall DOES look like a mess though. From everything we've heard, it's glitchy, buggy, and broken as well.

Reactions: toadsage44