HipHopGamer claims Rockstar and Sony's partnership will go beyond marketing rights for GTA 6, Rockstar will partner with Sony to make a GTA TV Show

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
he even states MS will parner with Netflix for games on the catalog of the service, Sony will partner with HBO (Max), you'll be able to play The Last Of Us on the service, not only just watch the show, so it makes even more sense for Sony to acquire WB? 🤔

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Brandon Scott Jones Ok GIF by CBS

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I once said that GTAVI was going to be exclusive to PS5, based on MS getting COD and Sony needing something to compete against that massive move.

....The least Sony can do is to get the marketing rights and go hard to force all those people on PS4 and PC ;) to buy a PS5.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I once said that GTAVI was going to be exclusive to PS5, based on MS getting COD and Sony needing something to compete against that massive move.

....The least Sony can do is to get the marketing rights and go hard to force all those people on PS4 and PC ;) to buy a PS5.
Sony been have the marketing rights before the generation started. Jim Ryan was pretty much aiming at Xbox with this but his delivery just didn't sell it the way the execs of the past could.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Well, with Sony's success in the TV / series arena...with things like Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul etc. It definitely would make some sense.

The thing is to not make it feel like a Breaking Bad clone / ripoff.

Reactions: Luffy123

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
GTA and RDR are perfect for TV series and movies.

he even states MS will parner with Netflix for games on the catalog of the service, Sony will partner with HBO (Max), you'll be able to play The Last Of Us on the service, not only just watch the show, so it makes even more sense for Sony to acquire WB? 🤔

I hated the Paramount acquisition idea but WB is something else when it comes to having quality IPs and assets.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
He sometimes has been wrong, but also has been right many times. And he's a very nice, fun, cool and passionate guy always with a very positive attitude. He has been in a ton of industry events and knows a lot of people both in the top and low level regarding job positions. I have minimum a couple common mutual friends with him.

I wish him the best.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
He sometimes has been wrong, but also has been right many times. And he's a very nice, fun, cool and passionate guy always with a very positive attitude. He has been in a ton of industry events and knows a lot of people both in the top and low level regarding job positions. I have minimum a couple common mutual friends with him.

I wish him the best.
That's my feeling on him too. He is positive about gaming and doesn't try to make his name off tribal wars.

Except...
I don't have mutual friends in common with him. 😂