Hogwarts Legacy gains 30% without Denuvo

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
And this ladies and gentleman is why people don't release games on PC the pirate platform. They complain about devs protecting their game and then when they break these protections they aren't even satisfied.

OP
OP
Banana

Banana

10 Jan 2023
And this ladies and gentleman is why people don't release games on PC the pirate platform. They complain about devs protecting their game and then when they break these protections they aren't even satisfied.
This is one of those situations where pirating the game makes more sense than buying it.

Denuvo is trash.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
PC releases are now more popular than ever, try again.

OP
OP
Banana

Banana

10 Jan 2023
And PC babies are crying harder about how horrible those ports are, so try again.
And you're in here complaining when someone fixes those problems...

For the record, I don't usually advocate piracy, especially when it's avaliable on Steam. I'm just showing how bad, and ultimately worthless denuvo is.

• Shake

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
And PC babies are crying harder about how horrible those ports are, so try again.
You just said that people don't put games on PC because of piracy but that line of thought is a decade or more out of date. Even Sony, who really have no conceivable reason to put games out on it, do. So, as I said originally, try again.

• they're_right_you_know

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You just said that people don't put games on PC because of piracy but that line of thought is a decade or more out of date. Even Sony, who really have no conceivable reason to put games out on it, do. So, as I said originally, try again.
1) Sony games are constantly pirated and sell poorly on PC, so not a flex. and 2) PC constantly getting shitty console ports of games that run poorly is also not a flex and is driving people away from PC gaming. Denuvo largely fixed the piracy problem for AAA publishers, but trust if the resurgence of Denuvo cracking comes back like it has for Atomic heart and Hogwarts, you will start seeing those day 1 PC releases becoming fewer and fewer. So, like I said, try again.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
1) Sony games are constantly pirated and sell poorly on PC, so not a flex. and 2) PC constantly getting shitty console ports of games that run poorly is also not a flex and is driving people away from PC gaming. Denuvo largely fixed the piracy problem for AAA publishers, but trust if the resurgence of Denuvo cracking comes back like it has for Atomic heart and Hogwarts, you will start seeing those day 1 PC releases becoming fewer and fewer. So, like I said, try again.
I will, once again, reiterate my initial point that you have never once even tried to refute. PC ports are not, in fact, not happening because of piracy and are actually more common than they have ever been at any time in the past. Try. Again.

• they're_right_you_know

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Denuvo is there for the initial first week sales push. If the protection lasts a month, mission accomplished and price justified.

PC gamers can cry to havens for years and years every year but the bottomline is that sales > tears and performance.

Reactions: nongkris
OP
OP
Banana

Banana

10 Jan 2023
You're really out of touch if you think denuvo cracking is a new thing...

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You're really out of touch if you think denuvo cracking is a new thing...
Denuvo cracking resurgence is the key word you didn't read. We all know Denuvo can be cracked, but mostly after the launch window and is only performed by 1 cracker.

And it was my error I don't think Atomic Heart got cracked, I think the video I saw was some dev build of the game without Denuvo. My point still stands, all you PC players have Denuvo to thank and how it effectively protects games' launch window as to why you guys are even getting console sloppy seconds at all.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Denuvo cracking resurgence is the key word you didn't read. We all know Denuvo can be cracked, but mostly after the launch window and is only performed by 1 cracker.

And it was my error I don't think Atomic Heart got cracked, I think the video I saw was some dev build of the game without Denuvo. My point still stands, all you PC players have Denuvo to thank and how it effectively protects games' launch window as to why you guys are even getting console sloppy seconds at all.
It’s funny how the PC Hamster Race never miss an opportunity to show us what a bunch of entitled little bitches they are, isn’t it?

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Denuvo doesn't get cracked.. it gets bypassed. When denuvo is bypassed it still runs on the PC. This thread is based off of false info and what is really happening in the video is that the person applied a mod to the "denuvo-less" version which alters ini settings to increase performance without much visual difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: nongkris

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Denuvo doesn't get cracked.. it gets bypassed. When denuvo is bypassed it still runs on the PC. This thread is based off of false info and what is really happening in the video is that the person applied a mod to the "denuvo-less" version which alters ini settings to increase performance without much visual difference.

I think there have been scene releases where denuvo was removed entirely?

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Wouldnt a better solution be like a steam login check or something?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Wouldnt a better solution be like a steam login check or something?

Wouldn't work. Some games on steam already have that, and it can easily be either patched out or you can mislead the game using what is essentially a steam emulator (not going to share the name). There's a big cat and mouse game being played for PC games.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
I think there have been scene releases where denuvo was removed entirely?
Really? Wasn't aware of that.

In the case of this game though, I'm pretty sure it's just bypassed.. so the performance impact (if there is one) is still there. This is just using a mod that reduces some ini settings to improve performance.

That said, Denuvo, and DRM in general CAN contribute to stuttering in games.. so it's a cancer all the same.

I understand why Denuvo is necessary for a lot of publishers.. and I think it does help with the initial bulk sales of games.. but I think devs should commit to maybe 1 or 2 months max with Denuvo and then remove it. Not only for the potential improved performance, but also for the sake of preservation.

D

Deleted member 417

We were told, during the piracy scare of 04, that pirating and illegally downloading films, music and games would damage the industry. When I look at the film, music and gaming industry of today, with its throw-away experiences, talentless obscenity-laden dross and predatory practices, broken releases and uninspired works, one has to wonder if piracy was all that bad?

It's funny in how in just over a decade, piracy went from normal to social unacceptable, all the while the 'poor' 'struggling' industry conned millions into pouring billions into their coffers, for little more than empty promises.