24 Jun 2022
I almost think Sony should buy them before m$ does and ruins them

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I almost think Sony should buy them before m$ does and ruins them

While the second point is a real danger, I don't think Sony should buy devs/smaller pubs because of this.

On the other hand, they barely have any own IPs, so impact on "others" would be minimal.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I've played both versions and it is vastly superior on PS5 in all modes

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
It's an open world game with lots of detail and alpha, it goes without saying that it would be better on PS5 just as many open world games are including last year's predominant GOTY title...Elden Ring.

This post makes no sense lol. There's no "going without saying".

Other 2022 open world games, or next gen updates, like Cyberpunk 2077 and Dying Light 2 run the same or better on SX.

Hogwarts reportedly runs better on SX in every other mode besides the 30 FPS RT mode where PS5 runs it better. It goes without saying. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

Other 2022 open world games, or next gen updates, like Cyberpunk 2077 and Dying Light 2 run the same or better on SX.

Hogwarts reportedly runs better on SX in every other mode besides the 30 FPS RT mode where PS5 runs it better. It goes without saying. :ROFLMAO:
I'm pretty sure you know the majority of open world games run better on PS5 as it handles, draw distance, foliage etc... better. That much has been deduced since the beginning of this gen starting with AC Valhalla, Watch Dogs etc.....and has continued on. I won't speak about Cyberpunk as a litmust because that game is a CDPR project where they favor XBOX, but pretty much most of them including Scarlet Nexus, Fenyx Rising,Monster Hunter, Skyrim Anniversary and so many more....Even Witcher has better Draw Distance on PS5 and had better framerates, don't know if they've butchered that too on PS5 yet....

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
They have a patch coming out today for Xbox and PC, PS5 has been delayed. Will be good to see what performance changes are made.

Edit: tweet

What unforseen issues? Are they looking to downgrade the PS5 version even more.....Better draw distance detail, superior framerate. I don't trust CDPR....I remember their last gen patch on One X and PRO, they gave ONE X a nice 60fps patch with extras and never did so with PRO....PS was always second fiddle for them...It was clear where their allegiance was when the OG XBONE run Witcher 3 better than PS4....

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
What unforseen issues? Are they looking to downgrade the PS5 version even more.....Better draw distance detail, superior framerate. I don't trust CDPR....I remember their last gen patch on One X and PRO, they gave ONE X a nice 60fps patch with extras and never did so with PRO....PS was always second fiddle for them...It was clear where their allegiance was when the OG XBONE run Witcher 3 better than PS4....

Why would they do such a thing when Sony had all the marketing?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

XBSX: outperforms

XBSX: outperforms

Same performance

Same performance

PS5: Same performance without VRS

PS5: barely outperforms

PS5: outperforms

Btw, in the above, the outperformance is in the single digit percentages. It's inconsequential to your little console wars. But importantly, let's not ignore that most PS5 games are using vsync while xbox games don't. That's important. Oh, and lets not ignore that not more than once has the PS5 presented better alpha effects, sharper details (as is the case with Dead Space)...

Last gen you had a console that not only had lower resolution but also lower FPS in most scenarios. This gen you have a console that slightly outperforms the other FPS wise in most scenarios and occasionally presents slightly lower resolution (not up to 40% difference). Since most developers are not idiots, there's clearly something on the Series X that allows for slightly higher resolutions in certain engines but doesn't allow for higher or more stable framerates. It's probably related to CU occupancy and clock frequency for the GPU.

Your crusade to try and prove bullshit is ridiculous. Just take the L: The "most powerful console" cannot consistently outperform the "9TF no RT machine", and in a lot of scenarios presents us with less stable framerates and worse FX to boot, all without vsync. FYI, Vsync costs up to a few milliseconds of frametime.

Reactions: arvfab
OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Why would they do such a thing when Sony had all the marketing?
Really? Well that was some marketing.....CDPR said there was no Witcher 3 updates for PRO, waited a whole year till the XBONEX released to announce the for PRO consoles, did something rough for PRO and took further time to give the One X a 60fps mode and the whole nine yards. CDPR made sure XBONE run the game better than PS4, that's some marketing.....

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Btw, in the above, the outperformance is in the single digit percentages. It's inconsequential to your little console wars. But importantly, let's not ignore that most PS5 games are using vsync while xbox games don't. That's important. Oh, and lets not ignore that not more than once has the PS5 presented better alpha effects, sharper details (as is the case with Dead Space)...

Last gen you had a console that not only had lower resolution but also lower FPS in most scenarios. This gen you have a console that slightly outperforms the other FPS wise in most scenarios and occasionally presents slightly lower resolution (not up to 40% difference). Since most developers are not idiots, there's clearly something on the Series X that allows for slightly higher resolutions in certain engines but doesn't allow for higher or more stable framerates. It's probably related to CU occupancy and clock frequency for the GPU.

Your crusade to try and prove bullshit is ridiculous. Just take the L: The "most powerful console" cannot consistently outperform the "9TF no RT machine", and in a lot of scenarios presents us with less stable framerates and worse FX to boot, all without vsync. FYI, Vsync costs up to a few milliseconds of frametime.

M3LnjEa.gif

Didn't bother reading rest of the rant outside the video titles, but thank you for proving my point about there being no such thing as "it goes without saying" when either console trades "wins" in different games and also in different performance profiles within a game.

I do know that Dead Space had both a slight pixel count and performance advantage on SX. The bit about sharper details, pure fabrication. But disappointingly that's the kind of thing I expect from TheLastWord, not you.

CDPR has nothing to do with Hogwarts Legacy lol.

Also, the PS4 Pro's CPU and GPU combo was not nearly as strong as One X last gen. TW3 was never gonna hit 60 on PS4 Pro without massive cut-backs.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
M3LnjEa.gif

Didn't bother reading rest of the rant outside the video titles, but thank you for proving my point about there being no such thing as "it goes without saying" when either console trades "wins" in different games and also in different performance profiles within a game.

I do know that Dead Space had both a slight pixel count and performance advantage on SX. The bit about sharper details, pure fabrication. But disappointingly that's the kind of thing I expect from TheLastWord, not you.

Also, the PS4 Pro's CPU and GPU combo was not nearly as strong as One X last gen. TW3 was never gonna hit 60 on PS4 Pro without massive cut-backs.
Life is too short, Just enjoy the game ffs, who cares about a couple of frames here and there?

• thisistheway
Reactions: arvfab

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Don't try and strawman your way out of this. Here's what you said, which I demonstrated to be bullshit. Both games you listed have pretty much the same performance on both console. Most open world games listed have better performance on the PS5.

Pure fabrication, yet demonstrated with video proof. 1:56 on the following video

Framerate is pretty much the same on the only test that provides us with concrete data (which is why I shared VGTech since it's the most scientific one).

As for it being a fabrication, I shared concrete examples. You keep accusing people of fabricating stuff, yet you're the one that can't have an argument without blatantly lying.

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

Well, I guess you won't speak on all the games I listed. What you can expect from me is stats, which I always provide...

FOErFDEXMAo7JYG

Count the open world games, obviously there are more like Soul Hackers, Saints Row, For Honor, Warzone 2 etc......Tbh, there are so many more, but you know that. Notwithstanding all the extra detail and less artefacting we have in PS5 games over XBOX, pretty much superior IQ on PS5 in Doom Eternal, Dying Light, Metro, Call of Duty (superior muzzle flash and effects), the recent Calisto Protocol etc...

But yes, PS does have the upper hand in Raytracing, alpha and open world games....Even Hitman saw a huge increase in performance on PS5 with heavy alpha scenes something like 20+ fps ahead..... and in most games PS5 wins on performance, without tearing which is the most important metric for games...

Also, the PS4 Pro's CPU and GPU combo was not nearly as strong as One X last gen. TW3 was never gonna hit 60 on PS4 Pro without massive cut-backs
Yet, you brought up CDPR, which is known to favor MS. Still Witcher 3 PS5 had better details over the XBOX version and performed better in towns too. All that extra Draw Distance, foliage and Shadow detail on the PS5 in outdoor scenes is causing some extra drops there, but again DD is even more massive outdoors over towns and PS5 is pushing more detail in Witcher 3 over XBOX, especially outdoors, where DD is more tasking...

Also, future open world games under UE5 will favor the faster clocked PS5 too....Better details, performance and RT...

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
CDPR had a marketing deal for Witcher 3 with Xbox, not Sony.
Before the bone launched they were running around like a dog and claimed that the xbone tools were better than the ps4 ones.

But I honestly think that for some devs to have found a way for a game to run better or as well as on the ps4 they had to really try hard.