Hogwarts Legacy: Technical Thread.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Don't try and strawman your way out of this. Here's what you said, which I demonstrated to be bullshit. Both games you listed have pretty much the same performance on both console. Most open world games listed have better performance on the PS5.

Like I said, pure fabrication lo

Pure fabrication, yet demonstrated with video proof. 1:56 on the following video

Oh wow, Dodkrake using old and selective information ? WHODA THUNK :ROFLMAO:

In your time stamped video, he is comparing the pre-VRS removal patch where PS5 suffered massive edge aliasing and SX was softer by comparison thus had less edge aliasing.

Post VRS removal patch, visually identical, SX has a slight higher DRS in Peformance mode and PS5 has more performance drops.

Time stamped.

Well, I guess you won't speak on all the games I listed. What you can expect from me is stats, which I always provide...

FOErFDEXMAo7JYG

Wait, what does it say on the top right ?

KjmTji0.png

May contain bias ?

NO SHIT :ROFLMAO:

Let's just use one example of why that image is fanboy bullshit and you know it.

Marvel's Avengers is listed as having better performance on PS5. These are the performance metrics via VGTech:

Frame Time CountsPS5Series XSeries S
16.67ms20152 (99.96%)20102 (99.83%)20138 (99.92%)
33.33ms9 (0.04%)34 (0.17%)16 (0.08%)

This is what DF said:

Xbox Series X looks clearer and cleaner, a state of affairs offset only by variations in performance that barely register

Anyway, here is a more recent comparison image from John himself:

Bonus just for you:

jU1WJLu.png

Yet, you brought up CDPR, which is known to favor MS. Still Witcher 3 PS5 had better details over the XBOX version and performed better in towns too. All that extra Draw Distance, foliage and Shadow detail on the PS5 in outdoor scenes is causing some extra drops there, but again DD is even more massive outdoors over towns and PS5 is pushing more detail in Witcher 3 over XBOX, especially outdoors, where DD is more tasking...

There is no extra detail, foliage or any of the stuff you mentioned lol.

DF ran into a bug which happens when you cross-save between Series S and Series X. That issue has been patched.

Series X retains up to 10 FPS higher performance in the open world areas with the same levels of foliage etc.

And as per NXGamer, Series X also has farther draw distance, not accounting for the now-patched bug ;)

and I come with actual sauce.

5ySzPJD.gif

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Life is too short, Just enjoy the game ffs, who cares about a couple of frames here and there?

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

People who use deliberately false info like older un-patched stuff or bugs as 'gotchas' to try and wave a fanboy banner are sad.

Like I said above, both consoles trade wins in different games and even within the same game in different performance modes.

It's all good and have fun where ever you get a chance to play 💚

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
@adamsapple final comment on this.

I noticed you pretty much shat on all the information I shared by using a personal incredulity fallacy. Good job!

Let's break this down one by one:
  • You still haven't rebutted the examples I provided - good job! I will concede on The Witcher, was under the genuine impression I'd seen a video showing better draw distance somewhere. Oh, wait, I know what the video was! (and I don't particularly like these guys, so take it as you will before calling me a liar)
11:25 on the following video
  • I'm only sharing these because you made it a point to share one video from NXG while shitting on the other, so it's only fair.
  • Notice carefully as I've shared data from the only channel that provides data in an open manner to provide a fair comparison. But I know, they are not trustworthy, only those that conform to your worldview. Cool beans
  • I will humour you: Since the video player here doesn't share timestamps, can you please show the side-by-side comparison between post-patch PS5 and Series X where it shows any visual differences please (for dead space)

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
@Dodkrake

Are ya ready for some breakdown ? let's have some breakdown. 💚

1. The Witcher 3 draw distance on Xbox was a known bug around launch which DF and a few outlets encountered who were using cross-saves between Series S and Series X. Using a save from Series S made the Series X use that consoles foliage settings.

2. DF acknowledged this in their further Series S specific video.

3. This is how the foliage looks like in both Performance and RT modes without the cross-save bug.

DF's initial comparison:

Gisr4v3.jpeg

Direct feed Series X capture:

GbHo9Ee.jpg

4. And finally, NXGamer in his video claims that Series X actually retains higher settings than PS5 in foliage. PC equivalent Ultra on SX and High on PS5.
Time stamped.

RqlVLRa.png

• Notice carefully as I've shared data from the only channel that provides data in an open manner to provide a fair comparison. But I know, they are not trustworthy, only those that conform to your worldview. Cool beans

giphy.gif

This is the one where you only share data from the channel that supports your narrative and call other shills right ?

Notice carefully that I'm using data from all 3, NXG/DF/VGTech in my posts. 🥳

• I will humour you: Since the video player here doesn't share timestamps, can you please show the side-by-side comparison between post-patch PS5 and Series X where it shows any visual differences please (for dead space)

Nothing to humor.

I agree with you on this, there is no perceptible visual difference between the two post patch. Both DF and VGTech's videos comparing the two came out after the VRS removal patch and neither make any point of distinction between the two visually.

The performance stats between the two are practically a wash as per VGTech

While DF only pointed out that PS5 version seems to have more drops compared to SX

The PS5 version targets 60fps by default with its Performance mode, which again generally holds steady. There are somewhat more significant frame-rate stumbles here - the one-off frame drops on Series X are often a bit more prolonged on PS5 - but it's otherwise locked. It's a little bit more unstable, but I didn't spot anything really egregious.

The only difference I can notice in examples like this is the slight gamma curve on PS5 making it look a little washed out.

Dead-Space-Remake---PS5-vs-Xbox-Series-X_S---Current-Gen-Graphics-and-Performance-Analysis-4-46-screenshot.png

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
So.

Again.

With apologies to @Sircaw

My earlier point about calling out a dumb statement like "It goes without saying" that one console was running games better than the other, holds true.

Thank you, I'll take my leave from this discussion now.

Jim Carrey Bow GIF

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Like I said, pure fabrication lo

Oh wow, Dodkrake using old and selective information ? WHODA THUNK :ROFLMAO:

In your time stamped video, he is comparing the pre-VRS removal patch where PS5 suffered massive edge aliasing and SX was softer by comparison thus had less edge aliasing.

Post VRS removal patch, visually identical, SX has a slight higher DRS in Peformance mode and PS5 has more performance drops.

Time stamped.

Wait, what does it say on the top right ?

KjmTji0.png

May contain bias ?

NO SHIT :ROFLMAO:

Let's just use one example of why that image is fanboy bullshit and you know it.

Marvel's Avengers is listed as having better performance on PS5. These are the performance metrics via VGTech:

Frame Time CountsPS5Series XSeries S
16.67ms20152 (99.96%)20102 (99.83%)20138 (99.92%)
33.33ms9 (0.04%)34 (0.17%)16 (0.08%)

This is what DF said:

Anyway, here is a more recent comparison image from John himself:

Bonus just for you:

jU1WJLu.png

There is no extra detail, foliage or any of the stuff you mentioned lol.

DF ran into a bug which happens when you cross-save between Series S and Series X. That issue has been patched.

Series X retains up to 10 FPS higher performance in the open world areas with the same levels of foliage etc.

And as per NXGamer, Series X also has farther draw distance, not accounting for the now-patched bug ;)

Really, so you got a comprehensive list of DF's faceoffs, even with their own personal bias for XBOX, yet PS still comes on top in most open world games and you want to disregard factual information because there is a disclaimer?

The disclaimer is there for if he got a conclusion wrong or miss something on resolution, performance, effects etc...From where I'm standing he got everything right per DF's actual statements. Yet we know DF overlooks many advantages on PS, like superior IQ on Doom, Metro having better effects, better effects on COD and much more in many different games. Even with these omissions, PS still comes out on top, you know that.

So much for accusing people of bias Apple, when you want to disregard actual stats and put up Linnemans list of mostly Backwards Compatibility games which had higher rez on XBONEX. BC faceoffs say nothing about these next gen consoles. Surely you can do better and be less disingenuous, the question is, is it in your nature?