Hopes & dreams for the next PlayStation Showcase

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
already announced: Stellar blade, Silent hill 2 and F, FF7 Rebirth, Pragmata.

hope we get Devil May Cry 6, Bloodborne 2 or at the very least a another from exclusive, ninja gaiden 4 (exclusive), dead or alive 7 (exclusive) announced as well.

need updates on Rise of the Ronin as well.

24 Jun 2022
WHAT I EXPECT: Spiderman 2 gameplay, FF XVI final gameplay showing & launch trailer, 1-2 new 1P AAA reveals, 2-3 smaller 1P game reveals (Team Asobi, for example), 1-2 new 3P timed exclusives, new PS5 features

WHAT I WANT: Tomba 3, UmJammer Lammy 2, a new Jet Moto, a Beatmania Collection (that Project Leonardis controller is perfect for it 😉), a reveal of Cory Barlog's sci-fi game, Uncharted 5

Reactions: Yurinka

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I'd be really happy if the MGS (3?) Remake finally gets revealed. Give people the space for new talking points and rumors.

For myself I really want to hear details of TLOU Online.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022

Rumors abound regarding the next PlayStation Showcase, let your imagination run rampant and tell us what you want, expect or even dream of below.

When do you expect it? Will @Jim Ryan be present? What games will be there? Will we get big reveals? New hardware?

Let us know how wild your expectations are!
No!

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
I think Spiderman 2 will show. They will probably show more of Wolverine after Spiderman ships.....We will see TLOU Factions, Guerilla's MP shooter. It's too early for ND to show their new IP, but if they do, jaws will drop for Savage Satellite.......Tsushima 2 and Bend's new game could see a trailer....

Third Party Exclusives/Sony Remakes

Blood Borne Remake gameplay
Metal Gear Solid Trilogy announced
Resistance Trilogy announced
Driveclub Remake
Killzone Trilogy Remake with the first game overhauled with modern controls and mechanics...
LOU2 Remake
FF8 Remake (PS Exclusive)
Vagrant Story Remake (PS Exclusive)
Chrono Cross Remake (PS Exclusive)

Weyland

15 Feb 2023
Looking forward to seeing how Spiderman 2 looks now that insomniac are unshackled from PS4.
I also hope we see an uncharted game seeing how UC4 is one of my favourite games.

Reactions: thelastword

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Spider-man needs a tease. Absolute must.

Factions also needs another tease.

Since the big guns have all more or less shipped titles recently there is not much to feel huge about. Sony Japan used to be the rumor mill that always kept folks hopes up despite delivering little, show after show. Now that's gone.

It's big third party exclusive deals that will make the waves imo, if they do happen. They also have some unannounced projects with "second party" devs in the cooker. They may hold those for the September shows. The slate is good anyway it's spun this year, backlog filled.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I want Jim to come on stage and whip it out, then piss all over an Xbox Series X while yelling out the sales numbers for the two consoles a la Cyrus from The Warriors.

“PlayStation 5 has conquered the world, IF YOU CAN COUNT! CAN YOU DIG IT?”

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
-Square Enix Purchase
-Bloodborne 2/Remaster or Remake
-Dark Cloud 3
-Soul Reaver Reboot
-Bluepoint Trilogy Remake of Jak and Daxter
-Bungie New Game
-Wolverine Gameplay Demo
-Killzone VR or new main entry
-Deep Down Return
-Monster Hunter Next
-Onimusha Reboot
-Pragmata Gameplay

Give me any of these I'll be happy camper.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
-Square Enix Purchase
-Bloodborne 2/Remaster or Remake
-Dark Cloud 3
-Soul Reaver Reboot
-Bluepoint Trilogy Remake of Jak and Daxter
-Bungie New Game
-Wolverine Gameplay Demo
-Killzone VR or new main entry
-Deep Down Return
-Monster Hunter Next
-Onimusha Reboot
-Pragmata Gameplay

Give me any of these I'll be happy camper.

Wow...a lot of those will unfortunately never happen.

But I really like your idea of an Onimusha return. Also very fond of Soul Reaver coming back...

Bloodborne makes too much sense, Sony will never do it.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Wow...a lot of those will unfortunately never happen.

But I really like your idea of an Onimusha return. Also very fond of Soul Reaver coming back...

Bloodborne makes too much sense, Sony will never do it.
People said KH3, Last Guardian, New Half Life or FF7 Remake would never happen, then E3 2015 happened. Then in the year 2020 we got a New Half Life, FF7 Remake and Animal Crossing within 1 month. Sometimes best things come when you least expect it. But yes, most of those won't happen. Onimusha has a chance I think though.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
People said KH3, Last Guardian, New Half Life or FF7 Remake would never happen, then E3 2015 happened. Then in the year 2020 we got a New Half Life, FF7 Remake and Animal Crossing within 1 month. Sometimes best things come when you least expect it.

Suppose you're right, sometimes the stars align.