Horizon Call of the Mountain game director has been dismissed from Firesprite and Playstation

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
They would also inherit the mountain of debt from Paramount

Long term debt that they could fairly easily pay off with the revenues from Paramount, especially if they're able to streamline their operations.

Again, if Sony is able to take Mission Impossible and successfully reboot it without Tom Cruise and invest significant money into Star Trek, TMNT, Avatar, and Spongebob, these are all properties that would have massive returns across media. It would certainly be worth the cost and the debt.

You leverage that increased revenue and operating income to continue to grow.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Long term debt that they could fairly easily pay off with the revenues from Paramount, especially if they're able to streamline their operations.

Again, if Sony is able to take Mission Impossible and successfully reboot it without Tom Cruise and invest significant money into Star Trek, TMNT, Avatar, and Spongebob, these are all properties that would have massive returns across media. It would certainly be worth the cost and the debt.

You leverage that increased revenue and operating income to continue to grow.

Why not just buy the licence to exclusively stream the movies for a few years.

It would be cheaper and more profitable

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
You really need to do a better job about reading what people say.

In this thread we're talking about Alex Barnes, who recently left Firesprite. I did check his Linkedin before posting in this thread and as I told several times in this thread he never worked at Evolution.

image.png

image.png

image.png

The irony man... you need to do a better job with reading comprehension, my full statement:

The rumor was that lucid was working on it and then lost it to firesprite, with Matt Southern leaving lucid and coming to Firesprite around the same time. It looks like he is still there at least for now and I wonder if he'll be working on a racing game.

He was the studio director for a lot of the Evolution games racing games. And if he isn't working on Twisted Metal, I wonder if Sony would really have any interest in a more arcade style racing game at this point. The market is flooded with options.

He here refers to Matt Southern not Alex Barnes...

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
Why not just buy the licence to exclusively stream the movies for a few years.

It would be cheaper and more profitable

It's almost always better to own licenses rather than pay for them. The more successful you make a franchise, the more expensive it ends up costing to continue the license.

Look at EA and FIFA.

Sony owns the Spider-Man movie rights, if they had just licensed it out, first off they'd never be able to renew, second if they could it would be prohibitively expensive.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
It's almost always better to own licenses rather than pay for them. The more successful you make a franchise, the more expensive it ends up costing to continue the license.

Look at EA and FIFA.

Sony owns the Spider-Man movie rights, if they had just licensed it out, first off they'd never be able to renew, second if they could it would be prohibitively expensive.

Sony had thr chance to buy all of Marvel in the 90s but they chose not to