Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores | Review Thread

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
It's whatever I dish out for it at the time of purchase. In this case $65.45 with tax. Principally I'm not a $70 idea supporter. So $60. I will however dish out $70 + tax for what I want Day 0. I've little leverage and posturing ain't gonna solve it nor has it ever - you learn that pretty quick in life. Premium gaming is an oligopoly - that's the end of the story right there.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's whatever I dish out for it at the time of purchase. In this case $65.45 with tax. Principally I'm not a $70 idea supporter. So $60. I will however dish out $70 + tax for what I want Day 0. I've little leverage and posturing ain't gonna solve it nor has it ever - you learn that pretty quick in life. Premium gaming is an oligopoly - that's the end of the story right there.
So if you paid $65 for the base game, why is a DLC with 1/3 the content not worth $20?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
So if you paid $65 for the base game, why is a DLC with 1/3 the content not worth $20?
It's worth whatever I decide it's worth at the time I purchase it. It doesn't get clearer than that.

There is no gotcha here. I made a comment on my opinion on when I'll pull the trigger on the DLC... that is it. I'll buy it on a sale.

Someone replied and said it's only "$20" as if to suggest I should dish out on the DLC now because "reasons". All I said was I'll wait for lower cause there is nothing from the previews that says "must buy" and thus my time is better spent on finishing full games on my backlog. While I do so, that DLC will, in time, drop on price, and show up at a sale.

That is not a judgement on whether the owner of the product has the right to set an arbitrary asking price of $20. Nor whether that price is reasonable or not. Hec you could make the argument they could charge $60 for it considering all the tech and polish of the overall content plus all that went ot that engine vs. what people pay for trash out there on microtransactions etc. But that is not the point.

What is clear is that some posters got massively triggered and mad by the "wait for sale" comment and are somehow trying to cajole me into some gotcha cause I somehow tarnished the honor of this DLC by stating my intention to purchase the DLC at a certain time and price threshold of my choosing (as opposed to some FOMO rush buy). Somehow I engaged in wrong group think or behavior, or was suspected of such.

I think that says two things: #1: We've a fair share of loonies here on a hair trigger. #2: Biting at my heels, if it hasn't been abundantly clear by all the posters who have previously tried, doesn't pay. Keep your distance, know your place or get burnt.

As for the known dog on my leash piggy backing on another fail attempt. Not surprised but if you keep trying maybe someday you'll get the pay off. What a sucker!

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
It's so cliché. At this point, I think straight women deserve some representation too 😅
To be fair the guy who appeared to be a possible male interest in the first game was so beta that it would have been awkward to see them together.

But yes, every second show or game has to be brokeback mountain these days. As much as I hate having some overly average guy in the middle of every story (many TV shows do that), I'm tired of the opposite trope.

But people who have not played the game going on to give bad scores based on that... This is just as bad as the forced diversity and inclusion.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I'm one of the bad people who will wait for a cheap bundle because I'm busy playing games I already have.

People are allowed to not spend all of their disposable income on video games.

Sue me.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'm one of the bad people who will wait for a cheap bundle because I'm busy playing games I already have.

People are allowed to not spend all of their disposable income on video games.

Sue me.
you can think something is worth a certain amount and not buy it for various reasons. for example I didn't buy TLoU2 until it was on sale. I'd never claim that it isn't worth $60 though.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
To be fair the guy who appeared to be a possible male interest in the first game was so beta that it would have been awkward to see them together.

But yes, every second show or game has to be brokeback mountain these days. As much as I hate having some overly average guy in the middle of every story (many TV shows do that), I'm tired of the opposite trope.

But people who have not played the game going on to give bad scores based on that... This is just as bad as the forced diversity and inclusion.

People are just too used to not seeing gay people in media, period. Times have changed, they are being represented, maybe even over represented to try and correct a wrong, but things will eventually smooth over. I honestly dont have my experience detracted because there's a minority represented, regardless of what minority group it is.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

But Aloy was always a lesbian. She always turned men down or looked uninterested on them but she treated the women better. Play the games again and you'll see it.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
People are just too used to not seeing gay people in media, period. Times have changed, they are being represented, maybe even over represented to try and correct a wrong, but things will eventually smooth over. I honestly dont have my experience detracted because there's a minority represented, regardless of what minority group it is.
Every second movie or game is brokeback mountain these days.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

You need to watch other movies then. Last 3 films I watched had, as far as I remember, zero gay representation. And I don't give a fuck regardless.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Well, gay people are everywhere in real life, so they should be everywhere in movies.
Like straight people, they're just a fact of life.
for sure it is not everywhere, they are just laudest. actually numbers a very very small.
yeah, first it was black, then chinese, then latina, then female, then black female, gays, then trans..

problem, while making this all shit happened by hitting these numbers, films and series went downhill.. plot, acting.. etc..

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
problem, while making this all shit happened by hitting these numbers, films and series went downhill.. plot, acting.. etc..
Also, some of these series\movies have had tons of talent poured into them at different levels, yet these movies made with the inclusivity check list end up being boring AF and nobody cares for them in the end.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
for sure it is not everywhere, they are just laudest. actually numbers a very very small.

yeah, first it was black, then chinese, then latina, then female, then black female, gays, then trans..

I guarantee to you that, yes, it's everywhere.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

There are more black people than white people. There are probably more Chinese than white people.

Inclusivity does not detract from quality, people being racist, xenophobic, sexist assholes just have their experience impacted because it hurts their feelings. The true snowflakes.

Reactions: Swift_Star