Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores | Review Thread

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
There are more black people than white people. There are probably more Chinese than white people.

Inclusivity does not detract from quality, people being racist, xenophobic, sexist assholes just have their experience impacted because it hurts their feelings. The true snowflakes.
I'mma go out and say it: movies are watered down because of the streaming business model. It has nothing to do with inclusiveness.
Disney post covid output is just awful and marvel is really bad right now and I suspect Disney+ has something to do with it.
TV Shows, on the other hand, are really better nowadays and are the main drive of audience for streaming platforms.
And the most successful have a plethora of diverse characters.
So, yeah, I have to agree with you.

• brain
Reactions: Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'mma go out and say it: movies are watered down because of the streaming business model. It has nothing to do with inclusiveness.
Disney post covid output is just awful and marvel is really bad right now and I suspect Disney+ has something to do with it.
TV Shows, on the other hand, are really better nowadays and are the main drive of audience for streaming platforms.
And the most successful have a plethora of diverse characters.
So, yeah, I have to agree with you.

This, so much this. And again, some people complain about gender or skin colour because they're assholes.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I guarantee to you that, yes, it's everywhere.
Not sure what you mean by everywhere, I have a gay colleague, no need to even ask him. If I have more we just have not talked about these things together or they fake having some girlfriend?

Anyway, I don't think there are that many, it can't be more than 7 - 10% of the population and I don't think they are special needs people.
There are more black people than white people. There are probably more Chinese than white people.

Inclusivity does not detract from quality, people being racist, xenophobic, sexist assholes just have their experience impacted because it hurts their feelings. The true snowflakes.
You throwing mud at whoever disagrees with you is not helping. Here at the moment you are the one playing the eugenicist, I don't think you have anything to stand on when calling others racist or whatever else. In fact you should probably have a hard look at the ideology you subscribed to.

Anyway, I don't care for the whole inclusivity points movement, it's annoying and it keeps calling out "whiteness", or all the other words you used... then they ask for respect when all they do is insult and at times go violent against people who only disagree or happen to be in their way. This is not like there was no representation before, the current iteration is about control and in its application is clearly stupid, it deserves only contempt and derision. This is a world view for the simple minded people who need strict rules for everything and a way to count stereotypical representations as a proxy for inclusivity and compliance, so they can easily point to the heretics.

Reactions: Gediminas

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Not sure what you mean by everywhere, I have a gay colleague, no need to even ask him. If I have more we just have not talked about these things together or they fake having some girlfriend?

Anyway, I don't think there are that many, it can't be more than 7 - 10% of the population and I don't think they are special needs people.
Showing them is special need because...? It's just people that exist and are in the entertainment media...
The vast majority of characters are straight so a few gay people is not special needs, unless you're saying straight characters pander to the straight?
This makes no sense.
Again: it's just people that exist.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You throwing mud at whoever disagrees with you is not helping. Here at the moment you are the one playing the eugenicist, I don't think you have anything to stand on when calling others racist or whatever else. In fact you should probably have a hard look at the ideology you subscribed to.

I'd love to know how I'm playing the eugenicist and the ideology. Enlighten me.

Anyway, I don't care for the whole inclusivity points movement, it's annoying and it keeps calling out "whiteness", or all the other words you used... then they ask for respect when all they do is insult and at times go violent against people who only disagree or happen to be in their way. This is not like there was no representation before, the current iteration is about control and in its application is clearly stupid, it deserves only contempt and derision. This is a world view for the simple minded people who need strict rules for everything and a way to count stereotypical representations as a proxy for inclusivity and compliance, so they can easily point to the heretics.

What words did I use that let you sad, snowflake?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Can we chill over this stuff? It's literally not that serious. There's 0 reason to go into namecalling over being "woke" or not.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Can we chill over this stuff? It's literally not that serious. There's 0 reason to go into namecalling over being "woke" or not.
Like I said: it’s just real people in a videogame. People that have a problem with this should seek some counseling… like, it’s not a problem at all… 🤷🏻‍♂️